Home Forums Movies 27th IFP Gotham Independent Film Awards 2017

27th IFP Gotham Independent Film Awards 2017

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 106 through 118 (of 118 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
sofan
M: The Original
rinolotwenty-..
  • Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

@prideful Shit changed with these awards. Obviously my predictions are not going to stay the same throughout the entire awards season. I didn’t believe the hype at the time, no need to be a smart-ass. “So which is it” is not a valid question. As more awards are announced more information becomes available with what those winners reveal. Simple as that.

not talking about predictions, u just said 2 days ago Franco wasn’t transformative at all from the trailer and now ur saying he gave a super transformative performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

What do you guys think of this scenario, where CMBYN wins the Oscars for Picture, Lead Actor, and Adapted Screenplay, but Get Out wins Director and Original Screenplay? That seems like a realistic outcome at this stage, from my perspective.

Hopefully either of them wins because if both of them are robbed then we are going to hear about that for years. CMBYN and GO nullify everything that’s been released in our lifetime…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cinephile
    Topics:

What do you guys think of this scenario, where CMBYN wins the Oscars for Picture, Lead Actor, and Adapted Screenplay, but Get Out wins Director and Original Screenplay? That seems like a realistic outcome at this stage, from my perspective.

I can totally see cmbyn winning best picture. I just have a little trepidation about putting it as the sole frontrunner because I’m not 100 % sure it can get the sag ensemble nom. Can cmbyn win best picture without it? Adapted Screenplay is very very very likely. As much as I would love for Chalamet to win Lead Actor, I think realistically Chalamet will sweep the critics’ awards, even the golden globes but oldman will win the sag and oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Sentinel666
    Topics:

I’m so very very proud of James!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Sentinel666
    Topics:

I’m so very very proud of James!

Franco’s sure come a long way since Freaks & Geeks. ????

I must to watch “Freaks and Geeks” necessarly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsConnect
    Topics:

I find it exceedingly unlikely Call Me By Your Name wins anything more than Adapted Screenplay on Oscar night – and it could totally lose that one to Mudbound.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sentinel666
    Topics:

I find it exceedingly unlikely Call Me By Your Name wins anything more than Adapted Screenplay on Oscar night – and it could totally lose that one to Mudbound. For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

Mudbound’s from Netflix, it’ll be not even nominated probably.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Paul Hardister
    Topics:

I find it exceedingly unlikely Call Me By Your Name wins anything more than Adapted Screenplay on Oscar night – and it could totally lose that one to Mudbound.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

I feel like James Ivory has been the business for a long time and the Academy will want to reward him for not only career achievement but he’s written a script for a movie that’s doing very well. Look at the reaction from critics, Gothams, Spirits and box office last weekend.

Plus, I think Adapted screenplay is one of the weakest categories this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sentinel666
    Topics:

I don’t see other options, “CMBYN” or “The Disaster Artist” will win in adapted screenplay.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

I don’t see other options, “CMBYN” or “The Disaster Artist” will win in adapted screenplay.

I think Mudbound will be above The Disaster Artist, which I don’t see winning in any circumstance. It’s not inconceivable that Mudbound could cause an upset over Call Me by Your Name, but it’s highly unlikely. That’s if it doesn’t get snubbed altogether for being Netflix and hardly being released in any theatres.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 106 through 118 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.