Home Forums Movies 80th Golden Globe Awards Discussion (2023)

80th Golden Globe Awards Discussion (2023)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 228 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
RIDLEY SCOTT
laslo
Bonehead

• laslo
    Topics:

If they wanna prove that they changed their old ways they will give Fraser the win. I will be shocked if he loses. Anyway, many celebrities won’t attend so I don’t think this will influence how they vote. Bigger things are at play. Their own future depends on it and they know it.

It would be proof that they’ve changed indeed. But if many celebrities follow suit, they’re going to have to pick a few categories to vote for people in attendance. Because it would be kind of embarrassing to have a televised ceremony on NBC where most of the winners refused to go.

Caelin Cripps
    Topics:

Can anyone confirm if Janelle Monáe will be campaigned in lead musical / comedy actress for GLASS ONION?

Cabiria
    Topics:

Call me basic but I just watched “Spirited” and I surprisingly love it! I think as a Xmas family musical film, it’s already great for its musical sequences and unpredictable plot.
    This year Comedy/Musical seems stacked; otherwise, I think it can have a slight chance if something cheesy like “The Prom” managed to get a nom.

2023:
    "TAR", "Banshees","Batman"

Chris Beachum
    Topics:

We don’t know much about what these Globe voters will do with lead/supporting campaigns. For that reason, I’m going to place a few film contenders in both lead and supporting (this is something rare on our part). It’s better to be safe and have them as options than not. We don’t have that concern on SAG since there is a ballot where people can’t be moved.

Greta Gerwig (White Noise)
    Brendan Gleeson (Banshees)
    Janelle Monae (Glass Onion)
    Carey Mulligan (She Said)
    Keke Palmer (Nope)
    Michelle Williams (The Fabelmans)

Bonehead
    Topics:

We don’t know much about what these Globe voters will do with lead/supporting campaigns. For that reason, I’m going to place a few film contenders in both lead and supporting (this is something rare on our part). It’s better to be safe and have them as options than not. We don’t have that concern on SAG since there is a ballot where people can’t be moved. Greta Gerwig (White Noise) Brendan Gleeson (Banshees) Janelle Monae (Glass Onion) Carey Mulligan (She Said) Keke Palmer (Nope) Michelle Williams (The Fabelmans)

In that case, may we please have Ralph Fiennes for The Menu added as an option for Lead Comedy/Musical Actor?

Many thanks!

lorelei lor
    Topics:

Ana Maria Bahiana loves Babylon. I knew HFPA would go crazy over it. She’s singling out Margot and Pitt.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

lorelei lor
    Topics:

That is 1 of 200+ people.

Sure, but it’s the type of thing they love. That’s what I meant…not surprised. Globes are gonna globe.

ejaru1810
    Topics:

I could see Top Gun winning here and the meltdowns will be glorious.

Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling, I think Daddy Fraser will be snubbed at the Globes.

Topics:

MD
    Topics:

When The Woman King gets nominated and wins instead >>>

I hope so. It would be such a serve. I get chills thinking about Elvis taking this, horrible movie.

Topics:

Butz
    Topics:

I’d take Top Gun over Elvis any day of the year.

For Your Consideration:
    The Banshees of Inisherin in ALL categories, including:
    - Best Picture
    - Best Director
    - Best Actor (Colin Farrell)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Brendan Gleeson)
    - Best Supporting Actor (Barry Keoghan)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Kerry Condon)
    - Best Supporting Actress (Sheila Flitton)
    - Best Original Screenplay

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

gabspss
    Topics:

Hi, the Golden Globes announced their list of submissions for International Feature a few days ago. Is it possible that we could predict the category too this year?

https://www.goldenglobes.com/articles/2023-golden-globes-non-english-language-film-submissions

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘80th Golden Globe Awards Discussion (2023)’ is closed to new replies.