Home Forums Movies A Record 928 People Invited To Join The Academy

A Record 928 People Invited To Join The Academy

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Alex Meyer
SHT L
vinny
  • Awardsfan1990
    Participant
    Topics:

A record 928 people have been invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Here’s the full list linked below. https://www.oscars.org/news/academy-invites-928-membership

List below who you’re most excited to see join.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Kendrick Lamar stands out among the music invitees. Why do short films and feature animation share a branch?  Who are the biggest rectified oversights?

Hank Azaria was nominated for an individual SAG film award twenty-two years ago.

Michel Gondry won an Oscar fourteen years ago.

Jonathan Nolan was nominated for an Oscar eighteen years ago.

Not exactly waiting for years like the above, but Anthony McCarten had to get three Oscar nominations before getting an invitation.

On the other hand, the invitation for Justin Simien only has one credit attached because he has only directed one film (that got no Oscar nominations).

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardsfan1990
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, Abigail Breslin and Melissa Etheridge were nominated for and won an Oscar respectively 10 years ago.

Quvenzhane Wallis was nominated for an Oscar five years ago.

Joi McMillon was nominated for an Oscar last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lone Pirate
    Participant
    Topics:

This year’s new inductees could be the tipping point for reducing the rubber stamping that plagues awards season. There have been so many new members during the past few years that we should start seeing more surprising and deserving nominees that other groups fail to recognize.

Congrats to all of the new members.

ReplyCopy URL
    SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

This year’s new inductees could be the tipping point for reducing the rubber stamping that plagues awards season. There have been so many new members during the past few years that we should start seeing more surprising and deserving nominees that other groups fail to recognize. Congrats to all of the new members.

I truly hope so.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Christine Baranski! 🙂

THE OSCAR 100 (#45-41): Robert Duvall, William Holden, Marlon Brando, Barbra Streisand and Whoopi Goldberg

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Crazy numbers! Some of these invites are ridiculous, yet they snub an actual Oscar winner with Kobe. Anywho … congratulations to the newbies!

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Jo Galicia
    Participant
    Topics:

Whoa! J.K Rowling is invited. Almost all people connected to Harry Potter films are getting invitations. Last year some actors were invited.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Jo Galicia
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m in shock for Jada Pinkett Smith and Liv Tyler. I thought they are already a member since they are prominent celebs and been at the Oscars for so many times.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Kendrick Lamar stands out among the music invitees. Why do short films and feature animation share a branch? Who are the biggest rectified oversights?

Hank Azaria was nominated for an individual SAG film award twenty-two years ago.

Michel Gondry won an Oscar fourteen years ago.

Jonathan Nolan was nominated for an Oscar eighteen years ago.

Not exactly waiting for years like the above, but Anthony McCarten had to get three Oscar nominations before getting an invitation.

On the other hand, the invitation for Justin Simien only has one credit attached because he has only directed one film (that got no Oscar nominations).

I’m more okay with Simien being allowed to join the Academy due to Dear White People being such a critically acclaimed film. I’d rather he be voting on the Oscars than someone who has made 20 films that all were either mediocre or terrible.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

For me, Dave Chappelle is a standout on the list because I think he is very intelligent and would be a perfectly reasonable judge for a job as important as voting on the Oscars.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pablo J Garcia
    Participant
    Topics:

I was reading the list, i though, wow, one spanish actor, and then other, and more and more… i guess most of the actors who got a goya in the last years are invited… Carlos Bardem (really???), Javier Camara, Natalia de Molina, Rossy de Palma, Veronica Echegui, Marta Etura, Javier Gutierrez, Barbara Lennie, Carmen Maura, Angela Molina, Jordi Mollá, Eduardo Noriega, Ruben Ochandiango, Emma Suarez
    14, WOOW

ReplyCopy URL
    RobertPius
    Participant
    Topics:

I fear no matter who they let in we will still see whoever the Golden Globes nominate and award go on to dominate the whole season.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  RobertPius.
    ReplyCopy URL
    chanelmoviestar
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone know why Blake Lively was invited?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Lively starred in instant classics Age of Adaline & The Shallows

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.