Home Forums Movies Actors who will get their first Oscar nomination in the 2020s

Actors who will get their first Oscar nomination in the 2020s

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 333 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
wolfali
Elsa Korr
  • Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I can’t explain it but something about her screams ‘tv actress’.

Which in some ways are paths for more film roles. She’s been a supporting fiddle in most hit TV Series though

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

What are your guys honest thoughts on Jenna Ortega? She’s been booked and busy the past two years but she’s already being called this generation’s scream Queen but she seems to be stuck in the horror genre. She’s got two more horror movie’s coming out this year with X looking the most promising out of the two.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

So here’s my comprehensive list of the type of performers who COULD have a shot (I realised whenever I kept remembering people I’d post something on this thread lol). Performers who have amassed so much goodwill and respect that it could be only an amount of time before they get nominated: This list isn’t necessarily filled to the brim with overdue veterans but I suppose what can be said of the performers listed is that they each are beloved thespians who just coincidentally haven’t received a nomination and the day they receive the right vehicle, they’ll likely be at least in contention. I guess you could say the Regina Kings and Allison Janneys of the industry. – Gillian Anderson – Christine Baranski – Jamie Bell – Emily Blunt – Sterling K. Brown – Daniel Bruhl – Rose Byrne – Bill Camp – Brian Cox – Billy Crudup – Claire Danes – Paul Dano – Ann Dowd – Kirsten Dunst – Jennifer Ehle – Idris Elba – Aunjanue Ellis – Brendan Gleeson – Hugh Grant – Kathryn Hahn – Oscar Isaac – Cherry Jones – Tracy Letts – Judith Light – Delroy Lindo – Patti Lu Pone – Margo Martindale – Audra McDonald – Ewan McGregor – Mads Mikkelsen – Elisabeth Moss – Thandiwe Newton – Julianne Nicholson – Cynthia Nixon – Catherine O’Hara – Sandra Oh – Elizabeth Olsen – David Oyelowo – Sarah Paulson – Jesse Plemons – Fiona Shaw – Michael Sheen – John Slattery – Jean Smart – Donald Sutherland – Holland Taylor – David Thewliss – Maura Tierney – Harriet Walter – Kerry Washington – Merritt Wever – Shailene Woodley – Jeffrey Wright – Robin Wright Performers whose star has been (and continues to be on the rise): Sort of self-explanatory. These are performers who aren’t necessarily “performers of the moment” or industry newcomers but they are performers whose status has been elevated over the past few years due to having delivered critically praised “worthy” performances, strong performances in BP nominated films or performances that have either won awards (i.e. an Emmy) or been nominated at the precursors. The industry’s eye seems to be on them (e.g. Riz Ahmed, Vanessa Kirby). – Yahya Adul-Mateen II – Emily Beecham – John Boyega – Lucy Boynton – Rachel Brosnahan – Jessie Buckley – Asa Butterfield – Gemma Chan – Michaela Coel – Jodie Comer – Emma Corrin – Ana de Armas – Elizabeth Debicki – Kaitlyn Dever – Noma Dumezweni – Daisy Edgar-Jones – Taron Egerton – Elle Fanning – Beanie Feldstein – Elsie Fisher – Claire Foy – Julia Garner – Renee Elise Goldsberry – Shira Haas – Nicholas Hoult – Jharrel Jerome – Zoe Kazan – Barry Keoghan – Riley Keough – Alan Kim – Zoe Kravitz – Richard Madden – Jonathan Majors – Stacy Martin – Tatiana Maslany – Gugu Mbatha-Raw – Thomasin McKenzie – Paul Mescal – Cristin Milioti – T’Nia Miller – Wunmi Mosaku – Josh O’Connor – Pedro Pascal – Tom Pelphrey – Tahar Rahim – Eliza Scanlen – Lea Seydoux – Jurnee Smollett – Sarah Snook – Jeremy Strong – Jacob Tremblay – Anya Taylor-Joy – John David Washington – Zendaya And likewise rising stars who might not be as close to being propelled to a project in Oscar consideration but could be there in a few years due to potential goodwill from upcoming projects: – Niamh Algar – Simone Ashley – Jonathan Bailey – Bukky Bakray – Louisa Jacobson – Lydia West Revered performers abroad: Performers who aren’t necessarily “known” in the US but who are renowned in one form or another in their home countries (or on the European cinema scene) for their talent and skill. The Yuh-jung Youn and Olivia Colmans of this world. – Claes Bang – Camille Cottin – Cecille de France – Adrian Dunbar – Charlotte Gainsbourg – Sofie Grabol – Stephen Graham – Adele Haenel – Leila Hatami – Keeley Hawes – Sandra Huller – Jessica Hynes – Derek Jacobi – Alex Jennings – Toby Jones – Rory Kinnear – Song Kang-Ho – Sarah Lancashire – Jane Lapotaire – Melanie Laurent – Payman Maadi – Billie Piper – Anne Reid – David Tennant – Ben Whishaw – Olivia Williams – Ruth Wilson Performers who have made “bolder” choices in the past and could do so again: These performers aren’t exactly known to be very “prestigious” but they have made choices that aren’t necessarily “against type” but have been “different” and landed themselves in the awards conversation as a result of that. So considering they have succeeded once before (i.e. winning an Emmys, attracting attention from critics groups), it’s not implausible that they do so again. Previous examples include Mo’nique and Mark Ruffalo. – Jennifer Aniston – Awkwafina – Jason Bateman – Paul Bettany – Daniel Craig – Kaley Cuoco – Bill Hader – Lisa Kudrow – Logan Lerman – James McAvoy – Ben Mendelsohn – Sienna Miller – Niecy Nash – Robert Pattinson – Adam Sandler – Kristen Stewart – Kristen Wiig

I think you should add in the list : Evan Peters , Anthony Ramos , Daveed Riggs , Paapaa Essieudu , Elle Fanning , they all got Emmys or Tony’s noms or wins

And maybe in European actors I could see Diane Kruger if she picks the right project

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

What are your guys honest thoughts on Jenna Ortega? She’s been booked and busy the past two years but she’s already being called this generation’s scream Queen but she seems to be stuck in the horror genre. She’s got two more horror movie’s coming out this year with X looking the most promising out of the two.

She seems on a great path to become the next Disney channel alumni who goes on to become great actors like Ben Foster, Ryan Gosling, Zendaya and Selena Gomez (?). The Fallout seems to prove that she’s capable more than just horror genre

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

The way the industry is pushing her to be the next Olivia Colman as she seems to be in 56 different TV dramas right now…it wouldn’t surprise me if Maxine Peake is given a juicy role in a BP nominee soon…

FYC:

Swinton, Weerasethakul Memoria, (Best Actress, Director)
    Efira, Rampling, Wilson Benedetta (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)
    Rapace Lamb (Best Actress)
    Stewart, Hawkins, Spall Spencer (Best Actress, Supporting Actress/Actor)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It really feels like Camille Cottin has a lot of industry buzz right now. I mean after the industry discovered Call My Agent! she’s been in House of Gucci and Killing Eve, is second billed on Helen Mirren’s Golda Meir biopic…

I can see her getting nominated with the right vehicle.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I honestly think the moment Emily Blunt gets a role of some size and quality in a Best Picture nominee, she probably has a strong chance at pulling a sweep. I can’t think of many actors who have come close to Oscar nominations and have BAFTA/SAG nominations for romantic comedies, Spring horror movies, panned films and live action Disney movies.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

It really feels like Camille Cottin has a lot of industry buzz right now. I mean after the industry discovered Call My Agent! she’s been in House of Gucci and Killing Eve, is second billed on Helen Mirren’s Golda Meir biopic… I can see her getting nominated with the right vehicle.

She was also in Stillwater. Ridley should have considered her for Empress Josephine.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    paddylastinc
    Topics:

I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that Emily Blunt still has not received a nomination when Sicario, Edge of Tomorrow, The Devil Wears Prada, and A Quiet Place exists!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    paddylastinc
    Topics:

Jodie Comer Jessie Buckley Robert Pattinson Zoe Kravitz Shailene Woodley Julia Garner Kerry Washington

Speaking of Pattinson, I didn’t realize that it was only last year that he was invited to join the Academy.

Re: Shailene Woodley – ugh, yes. I’ve been waiting for her to actually hit it big time after The Descendants.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

I see Ben getting nominated earlier then that for Dear Evan Hansen next year.

Aged like a fine milk

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Actors who might get their first Oscar noms next year : Paul dano , Jessie Buckley , Zoe Kazan , lily Gladstone , Seth Rogan , Brendan Fraser , Daniel gimenez cacho , ben whishaw , zen mcgarth

It seems we would have many duos in supporting like Seth Rogan and Paul dano or Claire foy and Jessie Buckley or Zoe Kazan and Patricia Clarkson

sag ensemble is very crowded next year 😭 with the son , fabelmans , catenbury glass , she said , women talking , Babylon

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SoniNon
    Topics:

Ooooft looking at some of these replies from last year 😭

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Reading the reviews of “Living” out of Sundance, I wouldn’t bet against a nomination next year for Bill Nighy. In addition to giving what is, by almost all reports, an excellent performance, he seems to be a veteran actor beloved by many in the industry.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.