Home Forums Movies Actors who will get their first Oscar nomination in the 2020s

Actors who will get their first Oscar nomination in the 2020s

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 333 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
wolfali
Elsa Korr
  • Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Aged like a fine milk

It really did.

FYC Oscars: Licorice Pizza (Best Picture, Best Director, Original Screenplay), The Mitchells vs The Machines (Best Picture, Animated Feature, Original Screenplay), Wes Anderson (Best Director), Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of MacBeth), Andrew Garfield and Robin de Jesus (Tick, Tick...BOOM!), Jayne Houdyshell (The Humans), Stephen Karam (Adapted Screenplay), Attica and Summer of Soul (Best Documentary)

FYC Razzies: Dear Evan Hansen (in all eligible categories)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I can see Aubrey Plaza get a nomination one day if she’s in a film in the Oscar conversation. She seems to have quite a bit of an industry following and The White Lotus season 2 could give her a boost in profile.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Here’s a list of every actor who has gotten their first acting Oscar nomination this decade, thus far. Riz Ahmed Maria Bakalova Sacha Baron Cohen Chadwick Boseman Jessie Buckley Andra Day Ariana DeBose Kirsten Dunst Aunjanue Ellis Ciarán Hinds Vanessa Kirby Troy Kotsur Leslie Odom Jr. Jesse Plemons Paul Raci Kodi Smit-McPhee Lakeith Stanfield Steven Yeun Yuh-jung Youn

Don’t forget Kristen Stewart!

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dr. Manhattan
    Topics:

Don’t forget Kristen Stewart!

Can’t believe I missed that. Fixing that now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dr. Manhattan
    Topics:

Accidentally deleted my original post. Anyhow, this is the list of actors who’ve received their first acting Oscar nomination in the 2020s thus far … this time including Stewart!

Riz Ahmed
    Maria Bakalova
    Sacha Baron Cohen
    Chadwick Boseman
    Jessie Buckley
    Andra Day
    Ariana DeBose
    Kirsten Dunst
    Aunjanue Ellis
    Ciarán Hinds
    Vanessa Kirby
    Troy Kotsur
    Leslie Odom Jr.
    Jesse Plemons
    Paul Raci
    Amanda Seyfried
    Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Lakeith Stanfield
    Kristen Stewart
    Steven Yeun
    Yuh-jung Youn

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Usually about half the nominees are first-timers now.

Top ten most likely contenders for next year:

Naomi Ackie, I Wanna Dance with Somebody
    Diego Calva, Babylon
    Paul Dano, The Fabelmans
    Claire Foy, Women Talking
    Brendan Fraser, The Whale
    Lily Gladstone, Killers of the Flower Moon
    Elisabeth Moss, Next Goal Wins
    Park Hae-il, Decision to Leave
    Jean Smart, Babylon
    Jeremy Strong, Armageddon Time

FYC: PHYSICAL (Rose Byrne) THE SEX LIVES OF COLLEGE GIRLS (Amrit Kaur, Renee Rapp) YELLOWJACKETS (Samantha Hanratty, Christina Ricci) THE OTHER TWO (Drew Tarver, Helene Yorke) THE GREAT (Elle Fanning) BETTER THINGS (Pamela Adlon)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Accidentally deleted my original post. Anyhow, this is the list of actors who’ve received their first acting Oscar nomination in the 2020s thus far … this time including Stewart! Riz Ahmed Maria Bakalova Sacha Baron Cohen Chadwick Boseman Jessie Buckley Andra Day Ariana DeBose Kirsten Dunst Aunjanue Ellis Ciarán Hinds Vanessa Kirby Troy Kotsur Leslie Odom Jr. Jesse Plemons Paul Raci Kodi Smit-McPhee Lakeith Stanfield Kristen Stewart Steven Yeun Yuh-jung Youn

is this the first time in 2010 to 2020 where all supporting categories had like 4/5 newcomers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Top ten most likely contenders for next year: Naomi Ackie, I Wanna Dance with Somebody Diego Calva, Babylon Paul Dano, The Fabelmans Claire Foy, Women Talking Brendan Fraser, The Whale Lily Gladstone, Killers of the Flower Moon Elisabeth Moss, Next Goal Wins Park Hae-il, Decision to Leave Jean Smart, Babylon Jeremy Strong, Armageddon Time

I think this list (as well as these past two years’) really is a reinforcement of how we need to keep an eye out for people who are Emmy winners here with how the lines between TV actors and film actors are blurring. Claire Foy and Elisabeth Moss are both people who seem to have a lot of goodwill from TV and film and both Jean Smart and Jeremy Strong are now in the spotlight thanks to TV after having been in the industry for many years. I can see them going very far next season.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

I think this list (as well as these past two years’) really is a reinforcement of how we need to keep an eye out for people who are Emmy winners here with how the lines between TV actors and film actors are blurring. Claire Foy and Elisabeth Moss are both people who seem to have a lot of goodwill from TV and film and both Jean Smart and Jeremy Strong are now in the spotlight thanks to TV after having been in the industry for many years. I can see them going very far next season.

we also need to keep eyes on some veterans outside of america too
    the youn yuh-jung of europe or asia and some rising stars like jessie buckley or maria bakalova

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

we also need to keep eyes on some veterans outside of america too the youn yuh-jung of europe or asia and some rising stars like jessie buckley or maria bakalova

Ben Wishaw

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

–       Jesse Plemons

Jessie Buckley

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Aunjaune Ellis too

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

who are some international veterans need a big movie to get them an oscar nom ?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

Accidentally deleted my original post. Anyhow, this is the list of actors who’ve received their first acting Oscar nomination in the 2020s thus far … this time including Stewart! Riz Ahmed Maria Bakalova Sacha Baron Cohen Chadwick Boseman Jessie Buckley Andra Day Ariana DeBose Kirsten Dunst Aunjanue Ellis Ciarán Hinds Vanessa Kirby Troy Kotsur Leslie Odom Jr. Jesse Plemons Paul Raci Kodi Smit-McPhee Lakeith Stanfield Kristen Stewart Steven Yeun Yuh-jung Youn

With a second nomination this year for Live Action Short, Riz Ahmed could even be called an Academy Award winner!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince1
    Topics:

I saw this on twitter

The most common names are Rob Pattinson, Ana de Armas, Oscar Isaac, Anya Taylor Joy, Emily Blunt and Tessa Thompson.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.