Home Forums Movies Actors who will get their first Oscar nomination in the 2020s

Actors who will get their first Oscar nomination in the 2020s

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 331 through 333 (of 333 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
wolfali
Elsa Korr
  • Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

I’m… not disagreeing with either of you. The above isn’t a ranking of most to least likely; I literally just looked up the Harry Potter film series cast list on Wikipedia, which is organized alphabetically by character and by each film they debuted in. That’s the only reason why Watson came before Radcliffe; I totally think Radcliffe is way more likely to get nominated over Watson (even though I still think he’ll be nominated first for his aforementioned stage work than his film work – it’s hilarious to me that the closest he’s gotten to an Oscar nomination is SWISS ARMY MAN).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Just going to run down the list:

Harry Melling – I’m going to second the above, he’s been having a moment since Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

Warwick Davis – BY ALL THE GODS, PLEASE. HOW HAS THE HIGHEST-GROSSING SUPPORTING ACTOR OF ALL-TIME NEVER BEEN IN CONSIDERATION?

Emma Watson – I know everyone hates her for… getting a glow-up (?), but she really just needs better role choices. I think the Academy is going to do a “should-have-happened-earlier” nomination because of La La Land for her (a la Sacha Baron Cohen for Bohemian Rhapsody/Trial of the Chicago 7). I should also mention: most of the other female kid actors from Harry Potter have moved towards activism, so she’s the most likely of them by default.

Daniel Radcliffe – Of the main kids, he’s basically become the best, most respected actor of all of them. I find it ironic, then, that he’s literally in the middle of Cedric Envy with his career just like Harry Potter himself. My prediction: Radcliffe will be nominated for a Tony (fingers crossed his Merrily We Roll Along revival goes to Broadway) before he’s nominated for an Oscar.

Alfred Enoch – He’s actually more respected than I thought he was (then again, never seen How To Get Away with Murder)

Mark Williams – He’s fairly popular on television, so maybe an International Emmy?

Timothy Spall – Absolutely overdue, should have been nominated for Mr. Turner. Speaking of which, there are many actors in Harry Potter associated with Mike Leigh, both before and after the series; he may be their best bet at getting nominated, especially if they’re older.

Robert Pattinson – Enough said.

Kathryn Hunter – It’s possible she’ll get a career boost after Tragedy of Macbeth got her critics love.

Ralph Ineson – Maybe it’s just me stanning The Witch again, but I feel he’s on the cusp of a major breakout.

Jamie Campbell Bower – another actor I had no idea was as popular as he is, and with him being added to Stranger Things 4 (and rumored to be the villain at that) he’s probably going to get really big really soon.

Rhys Ifans – Pretty well-respected, and might get some more attention after No Way Home (even if he got the least amount of attention out of all five villains in that movie).

He’s been in so many things but I’m wondering if you’ve seen Warwick Davis in Willow? He is wonderful in that fantasy and Val Kilmer looks human.
    Great cast and beautiful spirit.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Btw if the Harry Potter question also applies to the FB series, then I’m pretty sure Mads Mikkelsen will be among the series alumni who will get at least a nomination this decade.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 3 posts - 331 through 333 (of 333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.