Home Forums Movies Actors who will get their first Oscar nomination in the 2020s

Actors who will get their first Oscar nomination in the 2020s

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
wolfali
CateNicole
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Seeing Keeley Hawes pop up in minor roles in high profile films such as cheap Rebecca and Misbehaviour and more after her US audience breakthrough in Bodyguard I have a feeling she’s at the very least popping up this decade at the Oscars like Lesley Manville did if not like Olivia Colman did.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I mean, for someone who’s still relatively young, it’s hard to think of an actor more overdue than Kirsten Dunst (Maybe Michelle Yeoh? Gael Garcia Bernal? Ewan McGregor?) She’ll probably win the first time, but then it’ll be hard for the Academy to ignore her so I’m guessing she’ll get more noms after that.

Most likely:
    Michael B. Jordan
    Elisabeth Moss (find her overrated but it’s gonna happen)
    David Oyelowo
    Kirsten Dunst
    Ann Dowd
    Carrie Coon
    Emily Blunt
    Jeffrey Wright
    Elle Fanning
    John David Washington
    Jovan Adepo
    Jesse Plemons
    Ewan McGregor
    Uzo Aduba (rackin’ up Emmy noms & waiting for the right film)
    Sarah Paulson
    Jean Smart
    Thandie Newton
    Colin Farrell
    Michelle Yeoh
    Zendaya
    Gael Garcia Bernal
    Elizabeth Debicki
    Peter Dinklage

Possibly:
    Kaitlyn Dever
    Elle Fanning
    Thomasin McKenzie
    Donald Sutherland
    Lakeith Stanfield
    Tessa Thompson
    Mary-Elizabeth Winstead
    James McAvoy
    Kaya Scodelario
    Paul Dano
    Gugu Mbatha-Raw
    Kerry Washington
    Sebastian Stan
    Maisie Williams
    Elizabeth Marvel
    Nicholas Hoult
    Hong Chau
    Kodi Smit-McPhee
    Shia Labeouf (?)
    Haley Lu Richardson
    Daniel Radcliffe
    Gina Rodriguez

Here’s hoping:
    Merrit Wever
    Amandla Stenberg
    Letitia Wright
    Kaitlyn Dever
    Danielle Macdonald
    Julianne Nicholson
    Naveen Andrews
    Juliette Lewis
    Stephan James
    Sophie Turner
    Freya Mavor
    Jurnee Smollett
    Adepero Oduye
    Cameron Monaghan
    Lili Reinhart
    Camila Mendes

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Don’t know about other actors but it seems to me that Oscar Isaac, whose hype I don’t understand so I’m not predicting from biased POV,  is going to ride the banner year type of wave to his first nomination. If you look at movies he’ll be in next year (Paul Schrader one, Dune, maybe the political thriller with Blanchett gets ready too) and possible TV as well (Bergman’s remake with Chastain for HBO, Marvel’s Moon Knight),  it’s more likely something pans out than not. he could have Emmy/Oscar situation too if Scenes from a Marriage is well received mini series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    elpiranya
    Topics:

Brendan Gleeson

Timothy Spall

Emily Mortimer

Javier Cámara

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I mean, for someone who’s still relatively young, it’s hard to think of an actor more overdue than Kirsten Dunst

Can’t remember I mentioned this in previous pages but I feel like she’s gonna win on her first nomination similar to Joan Crawford for Mildred Pierce.

Both were huge stars working in the industry for 20+ years without a nomination and Crawford won on her first nod after a sense of “wow, this woman has given so much to this town for the past 30 years, let’s give her an Oscar”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Watching The Queen’s Gambit the now and got me thinking how it could potentially set Thomas Brodie-Sangster for a Oscar nomination in the near future.

Similar to Josh Brolin, TBS was a child actor who broke out in their first film job in an iconic role (Goonies, Love Actually), has been working steadily ever since without “going off the rails” and will be 40 in 2030, the same age Brolin was when he was nominated for Milk.

Watts1

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

I will spill based on categories

Ingenues:

Almost 100% will get nominated and why:

Tom Holland: The Devil all the time proved us that he has incredible range and already break typecast. He will have Andrew Garfield-like Oscar nominations and Cherrie sounds like a legitimate Oscar Bait. I have a hunch between his spiderman gig somehow he managed to land a nomination.

Julia Garner: already a multiple award winner and had an acclaimed first leading performance in a movie. Probably managed to find some Oscar bait gigs between Ozark gigs.

Zendaya: Euphoria win her an emmy. I couldnt see her not getting Oscars nomination. Take more various roles and her chance to get nominated will be increased. The only issue with her is that she should stop looking gig that cast her as a teenager and began taking more adult roles.

Elle Fanning: a chameleonic actress. Insanely versatile despite being only 22 YO. Sophisticated monarch, flirtious teenager, deppressed teenager, Charismatic Priest, Precocious teen with dual personality and etc. Probably will be another case of either Scarlett Johansson, Carey Mulligan or even Kirsten Dunst. In terms of Talent, she is up there with Saoirse Ronan, Florence Pugh, Anya Taylor Joy and Zendaya in her age bracket.

Freddie Highmore: Maybe he aint doing much big screen gig but he still has it in him and just got nominated for Golden Globe Nomination few years ago. He will have a nomination ala Eddie Redmayne or even a win.

Anya Taylor Joy: Another chameleonic actress that doing way above level of actresses around her age. Incredible range despite being only in… 5 years of acting? Clearly new Charlize Theron in the making. Queens Gambit has shown us what she is capable of. If that performance translated well into movie then an Oscar noms is inevitable. Not to mention she is going to take the lead role in Furiosa prequel

Thomasin McKenzie: snubbed for Leave No Trace and Jojo Rabbit. Perhaps the next, yet older Anna Paquin. A great talented young actress that never gave bad performances so far. Joika will be her own “I, Tonya” or Last Night in Soho will be her “Black Swan”

Highly Possible:
    Beanie Feldstein (Probably Similar to Jonah Hill Trajectory)
    Eliza Scanlen
    Finn Wolfhard
    Zoey Deutch (I Can’t unsee her as the new Reese Witherspoon)
    Margaret Qualley
    Kaitlyn Dever
    Haley Lu Richardson
    Amanda Stelberg
    Kathryn Newton
    Joey King
    Isabella Merced
    Dakota Fanning
    Logan Lerman

Will be lucky to get nominated:
    Sydney Sweeney
    Odeya Rush
    Yara Shahidi
    Fionn Whitehead
    Asa Butterfield (This Generation’s Michael Cera)
    Jacob Elordi
    Both of Langford sisters (Katherine is way more possible than Josephine)
    Kiernan Shipka

Looks At The Right Time to be Nominated:
    John David Washington: If he started at the same time as Paul Dano i would consider him as Overdue. But since he only get started, with the right project and right script (Kinda hope he will be a regular in Spike Lee or even Christopher Nolan) He will land an Oscar Noms soon enough

Robert Pattinson: Our darling, after years in Indie Cinema building his craft now he has built reputation as Chameleonic Actor with impeccable range. Its only matter of time he will be nominated

Nicholas Hoult: A quite shaky decade for Nicholas Hoult. Some ups but some lows. Yet He started out very strong in 2020 by “The Great”, its looks like he will excel if he is given roles like Jack Sparrow or someone with great chaotic yet comedic energy. Give him roles like that, an Oscar noms will be locked for him. P.S: He has great serious dramatic chops though.

Lakeith Stanfield: Supposedly included in Ingenue, considering He was born 1991 made me shift him to this list and at 28 with series of outstanding performances, i think there is no reason why the Academy will snub him again.

Mia Wasikowska: I Always saw her as the next Cate Blanchett. Now she might stuck into indie cinemas but she has extraordinary range, even i have to say that talent wise she is equally talented to A-lister around her age like Brie Larson and Emma Stone. Remember guys, Blanchett dominated in her 30s, so its safe to say that Wasikowska could do the same thing.

Overdue:

James McAvoy: Should have been nominated for Split but we all know Academy hates horror movie. Give him similar role in Psycho Thriller ala David Fincher then surely he will get nominated.

Collin Farrell: Considered as Box Office Poison at one point, Farrell is an incredible actor with impeccable range, yet oftenly get overlooked by Academy for his incredible body of work. The Lobster, Killing of Sacred Deer and The Beguiled to mention few

Emily Blunt: Biggest Academy joke of the decade. 5 Golden Globe noms and no Academy noms? Come on.

Kirsten Dunst: another joke for the Academy. Melancholia snub was an absolute robbery. Long list of incredible performances but no single noms? Snubbing Dunst for another great performances will be a war crime

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Emma Corrin

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Collin Farrell: Considered as Box Office Poison at one point, Farrell is an incredible actor with impeccable range, yet oftenly get overlooked by Academy for his incredible body of work. The Lobster, Killing of Sacred Deer and The Beguiled to mention few

He’s one of my all time favs but I think that this will never happen, sadly. The Academy missed the chance to give him the win for In Bruges and now he doesn’t seem to get any more Academy-friendly roles. He’s almost always fantastic even in bad movies but I just don’t see him getting a baity role anytime soon. Especially since his decisions seem to have become worse again recently. If we count The Gentlemen as a 2019 release, every film he has done this year was plain awful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

May I campaign for Elizabeth Debicki (why did they snub her for Widows? nonsensical) , Letitia Wright (as if Small Axe released on theatre) , Lakeith Stanfield and Anya Taylor-Joy.

Emma Corrin

God, please don’t let anyone typecasts her in a shitty period drama. Give her a film about sexual abuse (like Foster’s The Accused) or political thriller.

Kirsten Dunst: another joke for the Academy. Melancholia snub was an absolute robbery. Long list of incredible performances but no single noms? Snubbing Dunst for another great performances will be a war crime

The Academy won’t let Bette Davis’ case to happen again. Sooner or later, we only may hope.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

God, please don’t let anyone typecasts her in a shitty period drama. Give her a film about sexual abuse (like Foster’s The Accused) or political thriller.

Hopefully she doesn’t end up having a similar early career trajectory to Helena Bonham Carter.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m sure that Elizabeth Debicki is getting nominated soon (not for Tenet) because her performance as Diana will SHAKE people.

Anya Taylor-Joy.

She needs to uglify herself like Theron in Monster and she’d probably sweep.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.