Home Forums Movies Amy Adams 2019 Oscar?

Amy Adams 2019 Oscar?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
Aameson
Pulp
M: The Original
  • Sam
    Participant
    Topics:

As a huge Amy Adams fan, I was so sad when she was snubbed for arrival it was one of my favorite performances. I told myself that the reason she missed was because of vote splitting between Arrival and Nocturnal animals. Do you think she anthor shot next year with backseat and hopefully propelled by buz from Sharp Objects? Or has her time of Oscar nominations ended?

RobertPius
    Participant
    Topics:

I think she has to really give a knock out performance to win. She’s had so many nominations but a lot of them were kind of borderline ones where she was in fourth of fifth place among the nominees. I think last year she was snubbed for Arrival simply out of fatigue. She had had so many in just a few years that people just stopped voting for her. Same thing happened to Julianne Moore a while ago. She got a bunch and then was left out a few times. Then finally the cards came up in her favor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I am also a huge Amy Adams stan but I don’t see her happening next year. I agree with the Julianne Moore comparison. I think she might have a long gap in nominations (she hasn’t been nominated since 2013, and I think she might not be nominated for a while) and then come back with a narrative and a baity performance. I think she’s going to win in lead though since she’s starting to have mostly lead roles. But not next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gain
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope she won’t be forgotten by the Academy like Julianne Moore had been. She definitely should’ve been nominated last year. Arrival was the best performance in her career and was better than pretty much everyone in the 2016 lineup – except for Negga, aka my winner.

Btw I don’t think she’s always been borderline. The only borderline nomination she’s gotten is American Hustle, before that she was always a lock. She was most likely 3rd for Junebug (after Weisz and Williams) and 3rd for The Master (after Hathaway and Field). She hit all the precursors for Doubt and The Fighter as well (interestingly, almost all others in the lineup missed one or two), so I doubt the notion that she was in danger in those two years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope she won’t be forgotten by the Academy like Julianne Moore had been. She definitely should’ve been nominated last year. Arrival was the best performance in her career and was better than pretty much everyone in the 2016 lineup – except for Negga, aka my winner.

I think they snubbed her because she was in a sci-fi movie. They don’t go for sci-fi movies. When I first saw the film, I liked her performance, but it didn’t really knock me out; I think she just proved she can be a solid leading lady. Huppert, Portman and Stone were locks, Streep was nommed due to Trump and then Negga, Bening and Adams were left; Bening doesn’t do anything different, Adams gives a sci-fi performance, and Negga is a talented newcomer who gives a nice & demanding if u will performance. I’m not surprised.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

She should be winning Supporting Actress this year for acting like she enjoyed being in Justice League during the film’s press tour

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I won’t be surprised if there is a “Give Amy an Oscar!” campaign next year. It’ll be reminiscent of the one for Leonardo Dicaprio in 2015-16.

ReplyCopy URL
    DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

As a huge Amy Adams fan, I was so sad when she was snubbed for arrival it was one of my favorite performances. I told myself that the reason she missed was because of vote splitting between Arrival and Nocturnal animals. Do you think she anthor shot next year with backseat and hopefully propelled by buz from Sharp Objects? Or has her time of Oscar nominations ended?

I hope she finally ends her dry spell. Five snubs is more than enough.

Speaking of Backseat, there’s a real possibility that if Amy goes Supporting, all four of her fellow nominees will also be redheads.

You’ve got both Jessica Chastain and Susan Sarandon for The Death and Life of John F. Donovan.

You’ve got Isla Fisher for The Starling, if it gets released this year.

You’ve got Nicole Kidman for Boy Erased.

You’ve got Margot Robbie for Mary, Queen of Scots. She’s not a natural redhead, but she is a redhead in the movie, so I’m counting her.

You’ve got Sissy Spacek for Old Man and the Gun.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s overdue for a supporting actress trophy. Four nods in the category and a barely-lead lead actress nod is nobody’s rallying cry for an overdue statuette in the main category. Especially since nobody seems to be that impressed with her. She’s likable but not iconic nor commanding. I think a backlash equivalent to Hilary Swank Oscar two is in the cards for Adams winning best actress on narrative alone.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Adams has never given an undeniable performance. She’s never been second place or the frontrunner for any of her nominations even if they were in strong films. She needs a performance that says “Give her an Oscar right now”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully she can at least get nominated, I don’t want to see her go 10+ years without even a nomination. I can wait for a win though. As much as I love her, I’m not sure if there’s a performance I’d give her the Oscar for. She would have been an amazing winner for The Master, but Hathaway was even better that year. My guess is she will win off the overdue narrative, which is annoying, but she wouldn’t be the first.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully she can at least get nominated, I don’t want to see her go 10+ years without even a nomination. I can wait for a win though. As much as I love her, I’m not sure if there’s a performance I’d give her the Oscar for. She would have been an amazing winner for The Master, but Hathaway was even better that year. My guess is she will win off the overdue narrative, which is annoying, but she wouldn’t be the first.

Her inflated nod count is the problem. Actors branch denying her for Arrival was a good pause on the pressure narrative to give her one just because she’s been cited so often.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

supporting win coming

ReplyCopy URL
    Jamie Nicholl
    Participant
    Topics:

It is a miniseries she can’t win the Oscar for a miniseries

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

It is a miniseries she can’t win the Oscar for a miniseries

Paramount Pictures is releasing the Cheney biopic she’s up for this year.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.