Home Forums Movies Are you watching the 2019 Oscars? (Poll)

Are you watching the 2019 Oscars? (Poll)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
mellobruce
ayanami
Monsoon
Are you watching the 2019 Oscars? (Poll)
Yes
46 votes (73.02%)
No
13 votes (20.63%)
Certain categories only
4 votes (6.35%)
  • Profile picture
    WildforFilm
    Topics:

Since this year is shaping up to be one of the most controversial Oscars ceremonies ever, I pose of the question asking who will be watching. Please explain your reasoning below.

Personally, I am so disgruntled with the current frontrunners that I really have no desire to watch so many undeserving wins. I will be watching True Detective instead and might pop in for certain categories.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Scott.
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

I’m going to follow all the reactions on Twitter whenever Bohemian or Green Book win anything.

I’m here for the justifiable meltdowns.

“you look like your picture, thank god.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anthony 🐜
    Topics:

Yes. As I have always done. Whether I like who wins or not.

Saying you are not watching because of specific films is beyond ridiculous. It is not the ROMA CUARON Awards, or THE FAVOURITE awards. It’s an awards ceremony celebrating FILMS, and the people who make them. All films.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Yes

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

I never watch full award shows even when the stream is available to me,I always follow commentary online.Opening Monologues are good sometimes.Oscars are pretty much predictable after whole award season.I live in Pakistan and time Oscars or any award function starts is very late.I guess Oscars will start 6am Pakistan time and end at 9am.I basically wakeup at 7am daily but I’ll be back from gym by the time Best Picture is announced which is only award I’m curious to other than Best Supporting Actress.You can find funny bits later on Youtube.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I never understand why it’s always on a Sunday, people in other countries don’t watch as it starts at 1.am Monday morning, if it was a Saturday night I would probably stay up to watch

FYC Emmys-
    Limited- Quiz/ Unbelievable/ Years and Years

Drama-Big Little Lies/ The Crown/ Killing Eve/ The Morning Show
    Jennifer, Jodie, Sandra, Olivia & VIOLA DAVIS

Comedy- Schitts Creek/ Dead to Me- Christina Applegate, Catherine O’Hara, Suzy Nakamura, Annie Murphy, Dan Levy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

No. Only because I am in the middle of work at that time and it’s the kind of work that demands my full attention.

I love following the Oscars, even if the winners and nominees can be frustratingly disagreeable sometimes.

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mckenzie
    Topics:

It’s in the afternoon where I live. I record it, and then start watching an hour or two later and fast forward through a lot. I don’t know how people can watch all of the show, I care who wins but most of it is tedious.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dao Truong Giang
    Topics:

No. But only because I can’t. HBO Asia will not be airing the Oscars in South East Asian countries like they did the last recent years, not even encore or delayed etc. Apparently they could not reach an agreement, but the Oscars probably consider those markets to be too insignificant to even make an attempt anyways, so much for trying to skew international viewer lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aunt Peg
    Topics:

No. Simply because I care little for most of the films in the running and most of the films/performances likely to win.

The only people with a chance I’d I will view once it up on YouTube are Spike Lee & Regina King. If people like Colman or Grant unseat the frontrunner I’ll watch their speeches but that’s about it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

I have a 10-page political theory paper due tomorrow night that I haven’t even started yet, so I’ll let you know then lol.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Yes, I do so every year whether I like the frontrunners or not.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BenNunis
    Topics:

Living in a part of the world (South East Asia) where it is not even being broadcast. This despite the fact that Michelle Yeoh is going to be one of the presenters. Sad. This will be first time in years I won’t get to see it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mellobruce
    Topics:

Yes,

if the satellite feed and electricity hold out.  It will be a cold windy day here in the Great White North and I live in the country.

From Environment Canada:

“Flurries and strong westerly winds with gusts of 100 km/h are expected following the passage of a sharp cold front Sunday. Any fresh snow will be whipped up by the winds creating near whiteout conditions. Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility. Visibility may be significantly and suddenly reduced to near zero.  Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada.

I will be driving into town for a nice bottle (two, likely), of wine.  A decades long tradition will not be interrupted by a little bad weather.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ayanami
    Topics:

No. But only because I can’t. HBO Asia will not be airing the Oscars in South East Asian countries like they did the last recent years, not even encore or delayed etc. Apparently they could not reach an agreement, but the Oscars probably consider those markets to be too insignificant to even make an attempt anyways, so much for trying to skew international viewer lol.

Same tbh. I could stream it like I’ve done a couple of times with the precursors but I’ll be going shopping tomorrow around the time of the Oscars, lol. I’ll pop in after the meltdowns and tears have been wept.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.