Home Forums Movies Awards Schedule 2020

Awards Schedule 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
James Gibson
ayanami
BICTH
  • Grigorakis
    Participant
    Topics:

The Academy’s decision to move the Oscars has made for a hectic schedule in 2020!

This is how it is supposed to go down, according to this year’s schedule:

Jan. 5: 77th Golden Globe Awards
    Jan. 12: 25th Critics’ Choice Awards
    Jan. 19: 26th Screen Actors’ Guild Awards
    Jan. 26: 62nd Grammy Awards
    Feb. 2: 73rd British Academy Film Awards
    Feb. 7: 24th Satellite Awards
    Feb. 8: 35th Film Independent Spirit Awards
    Feb. 9: 92nd Academy Awards

This makes for six weekends full of award shows, and leaves other respected awards such as Annie Awards and the Producers’, Directors’ & Writers’ Guild of America Awards with no date that won’t clash with a larger, scale-wise, award show.

How do you think they’ll handle it and what do you think in general about this tight season?

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m fine with it actually. A long awards season is fun but a short awards season will be quick so obsessives like me can return much faster to my normal life.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

hopefully there’s gonna be some fun chaos come nomination time

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it might be more exciting (or more stressful) and actually feel like a race as every weekend there’s gonna be a big stop for celebrities.
    Also, Grammys feature a different public so some of the big guild ones like DGA or PGA could enter there.

like someone said above, it’s gonna be a quick burn and we can go back to reality earlier in the year

FYC: Best International Film - The Invisible Life (Brazil)

ReplyCopy URL
    JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, considering in my country most Oscar films come out in january or really close to the ceremony, it’s gonna be brutal watching all films. It was already brutal this year if the awards at the end of February and still hurts me Never Look Away was the only one I had no possible chance to watch 🙁

FYC: Best International Film - The Invisible Life (Brazil)

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

They are looking for ratings, but continue making decisions that prevent a large part of the public feel complete apathy toward the films. Most people will not have seen the films by Feb. 8.

And the thing is: Will enough Oscar voters be able to see them?

And this is a decision that they won’t reverse, as the Dolby Theatre will be booked afterwards (and if they decide to reverse it, they’ll look – in the best case scenario! – at a late March date).

The Academy is just insane. Yes, a shorter season might appear like a race but it won’t be. It will be all about voters copying other awards, because they won’t have time to see the films and form their own opinions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

If the voting windows are overlapping or close together it might prevent some of the sheep voting. But the films will have to be out sooner so people can actually watch them, which us great if they actually are, bad if they can’t adjust.

brb stanning Adam Driver

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.