Home Forums Movies BAFTA 2021 Film Awards (Part 2)

BAFTA 2021 Film Awards (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 537 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
George Ehret
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ang Lee will receive the BAFTA Fellowship Award this year! https://www.bafta.org/media-centre/press-releases/ang-lee-to-be-honoured-with-bafta-fellowship-2021

Yay! I’m such a big fan of Lee’s body work. His use of naturalism in his storytelling is quite a sight to watch. I will never stop saying he deservingly won the Oscar for Life of Pi.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I think Ma Rainey will take at least one tech award: Make-up or Costume. While Ma Rainey was not well liked in BAFTA I think voters will still acknowledge the film’s techs the same way they honored Mad Max Fury Road’s make-up and costumes when it was not nominated for best film and George Miller missed director, despite making it into both at the Globes. Of course Mad Max was much more well liked at the Oscars than Ma Rainey, so it’s not a fair comparison but I think Ma Rainey takes one tech, leaning towards costume design.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The amount of people who mention Bukky Bakray and Kosar Ali in this video.

https://twitter.com/BAFTA/status/1380189190491676675

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Best case to save your score is having both Rocks actress win if you can’t predict which lady will win which category. It’s like people who predicted 1917 for both sound categories last year.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

The amount of people who mention Bukky Bakray and Kosar Ali in this video. https://twitter.com/BAFTA/status/1380189190491676675

this is making me second guess my take on rocks and rising star lol

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wonder if The <i>Dig </i>was actually next in line for Best Film and not Mank and if Rocks was actually next in line for the Best Film long-list and not Minari.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Speaking of <i>The Dig</i>, for people who have seen it does it have “flashy” make-up? Or is its costume design stronger? I’m trying to predict it in either category.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Vanessa is really doing everything. I am really finding it hard to choose between predicting her and Bakray.

https://twitter.com/BAFTA/status/1380149546240647169

Speaking of <i>The Dig</i>, for people who have seen it does it have “flashy” make-up? Or is its costume design stronger?

The makeup isn’t particularly flashy? It’s more like “put mud on these people on a dig”.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Has anyone ever won an acting category and Rising Star the same year? I feel weird predicting Bakray for both. Brie Larson won Actress but lost Rising Star in 2016.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Yeah I’m thinking I will stick with Ma Rainey in make-up with Pinocchio as a dark horse. I want to predict Emma in costume but it’s so strange how it tanked at the BAFTA lol. It even got a make-up nomination at the Oscars but not BAFTA.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Has anyone ever won an acting category and Rising Star the same year? I feel weird predicting Bakray for both. Brie Larson won Actress but lost Rising Star in 2016.

No. But that’s because the indie choices and bigger Oscar contenders always lose to someone from a popular film franchise or a popular British TV show. Brie Larson lost to John Boyega, Michelle Williams lost James McAvoy (who became famous for the British version of Shameless), Carey Mulligan lost to Kristen Stewart and Eddie Redmayne lost to Adam Deacon (who was in one of the British Indies of the year and had a big campaign behind him like Bakray and Khan do this year).

This year there are no actors from blockbusters.

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

Vanessa is really doing everything. I am really finding it hard to choose between predicting her and Bakray. https://twitter.com/BAFTA/status/1380149546240647169 The makeup isn’t particularly flashy? It’s more like “put mud on these people on a dig”.

I think Rocks is taking casting which leaves Vanessa in a better position. Especially when Kosar who could potentially upset her category has seemed to be garnering the most attention

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Whoever gets 3/3 for Rising Star, Supporting Actress, and Actress at BAFTA should be very proud.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Speaking of <i>The Dig</i>, for people who have seen it does it have “flashy” make-up? Or is its costume design stronger? I’m trying to predict it in either category.

Costumes I think would make more sense. The makeup isn’t really prosthetic-heavy in the way that Pinocchio or Hillbilly Elegy are. And it doesn’t have the hair that Ma Rainey’s has. It honestly looks like Carey Mulligan didn’t have any makeup on in the movie, which may be intentional on their part. I guess they made her look older while still looking pretty? But one look at her shows that that’s not really hard to do

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Considering Kosar Ali after hearing some people’s points in this thread. Anyone know where I can watch Rocks in the states?

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 537 total)

The topic ‘BAFTA 2021 Film Awards (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.