Home Forums Movies BAFTA 2021 Film Awards

BAFTA 2021 Film Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 551 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
George Ehret
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

When will the nominations be announced? Isn’t it supposed to be around this time?

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

When will the nominations be announced? Isn’t it supposed to be around this time?

8 AM Nashville time, which is 9 ET, 6 PT

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

8 AM Nashville time, which is 9 ET, 6 PT

Thank you!

Rooting hard for Wunmi Mosaku and Morfydd Clark.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

If jodie wins bafta is it her vs maria at the oscars?

I mean, it would be a great achievement for Bakalova if she could win, but the truth is that she won’t even get that nomination to begin with. I can’t imagine Academy voters, who also snubbed Oscar winners (Nyong’o) and popular/well-known/familiar actresses (Blunt, Lopez, Collette), who we thought had a lot of passion, highlighting a foreign actress from a staged mockumentary sequel instead of going with traditional Oscar contenders or coattails.

Critics Choice wanted to be edgy, but the more important Golden Globe made it clear that Bakalova isn’t that strong (so it kinda doesn’t matter that the film made it to the top ten of PGA because it also won two Golden Globes without Bakalova’s individual success).

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

Here is the YouTube link:

https://youtu.be/nJzTA5K72ok

Profile picture
    Eddy Q
    Topics:

Thank you!

Rooting hard for Wunmi Mosaku and Morfydd Clark.

I’d like for both to get in, but ultimately I think it will be difficult for two actresses in horror movies to be nominated even with a jury, so my priority would be Mosaku. That performance was bone deep.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

I mean, it would be a great achievement for Bakalova if she could win, but the truth is that she won’t even get that nomination to begin with. I can’t imagine Academy voters, who also snubbed Oscar winners (Nyong’o) and popular/well-known/familiar actresses (Blunt, Lopez, Collette), who we thought had a lot of passion, highlighting a foreign actress from a staged mockumentary sequel instead of going with traditional Oscar contenders or coattails. Critics Choice wanted to be edgy, but the more important Golden Globe made it clear that Bakalova isn’t that strong (so it kinda doesn’t matter that the film made it to the top ten of PGA because it also won two Golden Globes without Bakalova’s individual success).

She wasn’t in supporting actress at the globes though so we don’t know how strong she is compared to the other supporting actress contenders, whom she beat at the Critics Choice. You can put that on them being edgy or maybe it does show strength and passion behind her performance.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Here is the YouTube link: https://youtu.be/nJzTA5K72ok

Oh thank god it’s on youtube and not JUST on TV or an insta live lmao

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I’m even more nervous than I was for globe and sag noms. Really hoping for big noms for The Father and Promising Young Woman.

6th Place WGA 2021
    12th Place VES 2021
    61st Place BAFTA nominations 2021

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Waiting on the nominations. BAFTA better NOT screw up with the nominations

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I am already dreading how people will pretend like these noms are the be-all and end-all. I already see Twitter getting ready.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I am already dreading how people will pretend like these noms are the be-all and end-all. I already see Twitter getting ready.

I’m already picturing the Best Actress thread in my mind… it ain’t pretty

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

One of the people at NBP is literally predicting Amy Adams, Glenn Close and Mark Rylance (?!). I am not saying they cannot happen but considering the jury system it’s highly unlikely. They are bound to get surprised big time when the nominations are released.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Oh thank god it’s on youtube and not JUST on TV or an insta live lmao

I’m still recovering from those Instagram announcements. Why oh why

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Mark Rylance I totally get — I am predicting him myself — but Amy’s and Glenn’s chances are veeeeeery slim, especially the latter’s. But they’re reasoning that prediction with her track record, which, as we all know, is irrelevant this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 551 total)

The topic ‘BAFTA 2021 Film Awards’ is closed to new replies.