Home Forums Movies BAFTA 2021 Film Awards

BAFTA 2021 Film Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 544 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
George Ehret
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

Thanks for the date information. So I guess GG won’t impact this nomination that much, right? Talking mainly about Foster…. but I still have her at 6th in my prediction.

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah I don’t think it will (or at least very much). It’s partly why even though I have Foster in at 6th (I dropped her from my BAFTA predictions just before the Globes and then slotted her back in as soon as she won lmao) I am uneasy about the prediction. It’s a performance that I think will appease to the jury but her making the cut largely depends on whether Olivia Colman makes the cut (which is uncertain with a jury but if it was the membership vote for the nomination she’d be the safest) and how many newcomers and breakthrough performances gain traction here.

I do think The Mauritanian is going to do very well at BAFTA.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Does anyone know when the noms are announced on Tuesday?

I’d say around 7AM GMT.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I’d say around 7AM GMT.

Okay thanks! That’s 8AM here, so perfect.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really feel like we’re getting a shock snub in Actress and S. Actor.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Do you think that we’ll have a “Dallas Buyers Club” or “Her” this year?

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Then please, let it be SBC.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I’d say around 7AM GMT.

It’s gonna be 4AM here, I’m just unsure if I wait til 4AM or I go to bed early and wake up 4AM…

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Then please, let it be SBC.

That’s actually who I think it will be.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Is there any chance Viola misses? I am worried. It’s BAFTA, after all. I know they have their new “guidelines” in place, but I still don’t trust them, lol.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Is there any chance Viola misses? I am worried. It’s BAFTA, after all. I know they have their new “guidelines” in place, but I still don’t trust them, lol.

Zero chance. They even nominated her for Widows when nobody else cared.

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson, Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor)

Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I don’t think so tbh. I’m pretty confident they’ll nominate, at least, two PoC in Best Actress. Right now I have Viola Davis and Wunmi Mosaku.

Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

The one person I am utterly perplexed as to how they fit into this is Maria Bakalova. Her performance is quite a loud one and it’s a part where she gets to show off her comedic range but it feels like it would be such a populist choice for a jury that I imagine will teeter more towards prestige and snobbery. Her Globe loss was something I considered as possibly hurting her but I don’t think it really will. Voting closed on Monday.

I think they will nominate her not only for her performance, but also as a way of honouring SBC and their movie, since he probably isn’t getting nominated for it.

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson, Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor)

Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)

Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

The fact that Viola Davis got in for WIDOWS makes me think she could still pull off a nom here…granted I know that was a McQueen film which could’ve helped.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Hmm ok. And can someone explain why there are doubts about Morfydd Clark? Does the rising star nom really hurt her?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 544 total)

The topic ‘BAFTA 2021 Film Awards’ is closed to new replies.