Home Forums Movies BAFTA 2021 Film Awards

BAFTA 2021 Film Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 544 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
George Ehret
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Margot
    Topics:

Honestly shocked at Carey. I no longer see her as a front runner, this is race is suuuuper open now if it wasn’t already before.

What y’all got going on over here?

Profile picture
    Yiploo
    Topics:

What the freak? They seriously nominated both PYW and The Dig in two different Best Picture categories, then pretend they did not see Carey fucking Mulligan?!!

A Fervent Believer in the Church of Two-Time Academy Award Winner Viola Davis.

Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Lmaooooo BAFTA said « FUCK YOU GOLDDERBY !!!! »

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

WAIT HOW DO YOU NOMINATE PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN BEST FILM BUT NOT BEST DIRECTOR OR ACTRESS OR OUTSTANDING FILM DEBUT????????

It didn’t make the shortlist for Debut and juries decided Director and Actress whilst Best Film was decided by the general membership (who long-listed the film 13 times).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Alan Kim but no Steven Yeun? Clake Peters but no Delroy Lindo? what

Profile picture
    Sean C
    Topics:

There are very strange results in terms of films being recognized in some areas but not others — PYT getting a bunch of stuff but not Actress (!), Judas got a breakthrough nom for Fishback in addition to Kaluuya but nothing else, the really scattered recognition for Da 5 Bloods.

Honestly, the only major film without at least one weird omission is Nomadland.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Morfydd Clark snubbed! Happy for Mosaku (and KIRBY!!!)!

Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

The Clarke Peters nod is such an inspired choice

https://thecinemike.wordpress.com/
    Twitter: @TheCineMike

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

These nominations really mean NOTHING. It’s a jury of literally 6-12 people. What we should look at is the Mauritanian getting into Best Picture which is voted by all the people.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

These nominations are amazing. They give some warranted attention to quality performances that actually deserve it.

Radha Blank, Adarsh Gourav, Alan Kim, Yuh-Jung Youn, Dominique Fishback, Niam Alghar, PAUL RACI, AFLRE WOODARD. This is amazing.

Snubbing Davis, Sasha Baron Cohen, Gary Oldman, and Olivia Colman is inspired. Truly inspired.

Profile picture
    willum
    Topics:

oh my god this is one of the craziest nomination lineups i’ve ever seen i thought they’d go with the top consensus then add some british actors here and there but NO they choose to snub big players instead I-

FYC Emmys 2021:
    - Hailee Steinfeld (Dickinson) for Comedy Lead Actress

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Best Film was not juried, right?

You are correct. Best Film is still decided by the general membership as it always has been.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

This is a very bad haul for Mank. It should not have missed Best Film. Nomadland, <i>Promising Young Woman </i>and The Trial of the Chicago 7 all are top 4 at the Oscars in Picture. They’ve made Best Film at all of the televised. Mulligan and Davis’ jury snubs means this bAFTA will probably go to Vanessa Kirby.

Frances McDormand…

Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Yes to Alan Kim, Dominique Fishback, Yun-jung Youn and Alfre Woodard but Viola Davis, Olivia Colman and Carey Mulligan being snubbed?????? Emerald Fennell was snubbed????? No Ma Rainey or One Night In Miami for Adapted??? No Judas and the Black Messiah for Original?????

I’m NOW convinced that Viola Davis will win SAG.
    We’re getting an upset for Best Actress at BAFTA.

Overall, these nominations are ????!!!!!!!#####………….WOW 🙁 🙁

Profile picture
    Galang
    Topics:

I swear to god people complain for YEARS that precursors just nominate the same films and only care about predicting the Oscars

We finally get some interesting races and inspiring nominations and you want to ‘throw them in the trash’?

Throw yourselves in the trash!

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 544 total)

The topic ‘BAFTA 2021 Film Awards’ is closed to new replies.