Home Forums Movies BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 494 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
M
  • Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

Dog was made in NZ with a British/ NZ/Oz cast and NZ Director so I don’t know what you’re talking about ..it’s not an American movie at all except that it was supposedly set in 1920s Montana King Richard will win ZERO BAFTAS

This is still the same logic that “Olivia Colman has Bafta in her bag because her nationality is British”. I mean sure, it could be Dog sweeping the Bafta because it is a top 2 contender after all. And Richard could very well go empty handed because the movie is at best no.5 in BP. But the factor that causes these results wouldn’t be “Benedict is British” or “Richard is too American”.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

the UK has always been more open and loving to Gaga, both her music & now acting career

Which is why I don’t think losing this Bafta is a bad thing. If she happens to have another chance to compete for an Oscar in the future, her most reliable path to win could easily be British voters + movie executives + directors.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Lexa
    Topics:

Another great interview. I loved how Benedict didn’t shy away from discussing Sam Elliott’s disgusting rant and underlined how necessary the movie is to counteract the dangers of toxic masculinity.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Also smart for Benedict to be one of the only two who did the interview.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The question for people like Scanlan and Reinsve is how far ahead both Haim and Gaga are in the race. Is their lead (and visibility) too big for anyone to catch up to them or is this race fractured enough that Scanlan and Reinsve can come from behind with passion and perhaps a sample of voters catching up on their films post nominations.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

The question for people like Scanlan and Reinsve is how far ahead both Haim and Gaga are in the race. Is their lead (and visibility) too big for anyone to catch up to them or is this race fractured enough that Scanlan and Reinsve can come from behind with passion and perhaps a sample of voters catching up on their films post nominations.

don’t know about Scanlan but I can see a case for Reinsve since her movie is more seen now than it was before nominations + Alana’s and Gaga’s film being kinda on a down path

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Renate Reinsve is a Sagittarius lol just saying.

Is that suppose to be good or bad?

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

The chemistry with Gaga was so palpable they were eye-f*cking the entire time 😭 And with her background I guess

Gaga and Renate?

Girl, I’m so confused 🤣🤭

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Gaga will introduce the Rising Star Award and Bukky Bakray will announce the winner

Okay…so Gaga definitely is not winning BAFTA. 😂

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

Gaga will introduce the Rising Star Award and Bukky Bakray will announce the winner

Why would the announce order means she’s not winning though?

Profile picture
    Colin Powis
    Topics:

This is still the same logic that “Olivia Colman has Bafta in her bag because her nationality is British”. I mean sure, it could be Dog sweeping the Bafta because it is a top 2 contender after all. And Richard could very well go empty handed because the movie is at best no.5 in BP. But the factor that causes these results wouldn’t be “Benedict is British” or “Richard is too American”.

======================================
    The obvious difference with Olivia Colman is that she was not in a movie that was expected to win BP at both BAFTA and OSCAR ..there’s an obvious home town advantage for Brits at Bafta

I thought Colman actually won BA at Bafta ?

Profile picture
    Govrnmentjudas
    Topics:

Okay…so Gaga definitely is not winning BAFTA. 😂

why would this mean that she cant win BAFTA?

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

why would this mean that she cant win BAFTA?

Because in most years presenters are never winners.

2018 Presenters:
    The roster of presenters includes: Gemma Arterton, Orlando Bloom, Sam Claflin, Bryan Cranston, Natalie Dormer, Taron Egerton, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rebecca Ferguson, Karen Gillan, Naomie Harris, Salma Hayek, Edward Holcroft, Nicholas Hoult, Isabelle Huppert, Lily James, Jennifer Lawrence, Gugu Mbatha Raw, Lupita Nyong’o, Sergei Polunin, Will Poulter, Andrea Riseborough, Sir Patrick Stewart, Mark Strong, Hayley Squires, Tom Taylor, Anya Taylor-Joy, Rachel Weisz and Letitia Wright.

2019 Presenters:
    The roster of presenters includes: Riz Ahmed, Yalitza Aparicio, Jamie Bell, Cate Blanchett, Mary J. Blige, Lucy Boynton, Rachel Brosnahan, Lily Collins, Elizabeth Debicki, Marina de Tavira, Taron Egerton, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Luke Evans, Joseph Fiennes, Henry Golding, Danai Gurira, Salma Hayek, Regina King, Olga Kurylenko, Richard Madden, Eddie Marsan, Bill Nighy, Sophie Okonedo, Gary Oldman, Ellen Page, Will Poulter, Michelle Rodriguez, Andy Serkis, Eleanor Tomlinson and Michelle Yeoh.

2020 Presenters:
    The roster of presenters includes: Joe Alwyn, Gillian Anderson, Aisling Bea, Zazie Beetz, John Boyega, Asa Butterfield, Dean-Charles Chapman, Emilia Clarke, Olivia Colman, Stephen Graham, Hugh Grant, Richard E. Grant, Roman Griffin Davis, Naomie Harris, Sharon Horgan, Daniel Kaluuya, Vanessa Kirby, George MacKay, Ian McKellen, Daisy Ridley, Andrew Scott, Kristin Scott Thomas, Song Kang Ho, Mark Strong, Jodie Turner-Smith and Rebel Wilson.

2021 Presenters:
    Awards presenters at the Royal Albert Hall will include Asim Chaudhry, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Sophie Cookson, Phoebe Dynevor, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Cynthia Erivo, Hugh Grant, Richard E. Grant, Tom Hiddleston, Felicity Jones, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, James McAvoy, David Oyelowo, Pedro Pascal and Jonathan Pryce.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.