Home Forums Movies BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 494 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
M

• snowball
    Topics:

Best Actress is so chaotic. No one would surprise me outside Thompson (unfortunately).

wolfali
    Topics:

Best Actress is so chaotic. No one would surprise me outside Thompson (unfortunately).

Totally off topic question but is that Betty Gilpin in your profile picture by any chance?

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

snowball
    Topics:

Totally off topic question but is that Betty Gilpin in your profile picture by any chance?

Yesss.

wolfali
    Topics:

Yesss.

I always thought it was Jodie Comer haha and only noticed now it wasn’t!

Hopefully Betty can get her own awards vehicle someday. It’s a travesty she never won an Emmy for GLOW.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

snowball
    Topics:

I always thought it was Jodie Comer haha and only noticed now it wasn’t!

Hopefully Betty can get her own awards vehicle someday. It’s a travesty she never won an Emmy for GLOW.

Betty has been joking about their resemblance haha

Hopefully she’ll get some great material soon. She’s so underrated.

The Oscarguy
    Topics:

The Power of the Dog’s potential win haul is one of those things that I am most interested in here at BAFTA (and the Oscars). Is it just Picture, Director and Screenplay? Is an acting win coming along? Does it have a shot at any below the line category?

I am confident it’s going to win more here that at the Oscars, so I think it’s smart to predict at least one of Cumberbatch and Smit-McPhee. I am right now picking the former because the guy has like 8 BAFTA nominations and no win on the film side and is in a movie that’s going to win big. Smith winning isn’t as unlikely as I thought earlier in the season, but this is his first nomination and he was most likely juried.

Supporting Actor gives me headache. I have been predicting that Kodi has Globe + BAFTA combo and Kotsur has SAG for the longest time, but I am starting to wonder if Kotsur could win even here. It just feels like Kodi is the critical darling and Troy takes over at the televised awards. CODA winning SAG Ensemble and going 2/2 there is convincing me that he will win the Oscar in the end. Safe to say I’m very interested to see what happens here.

wolfali
    Topics:

Director

1. Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog

2-6. The rest

xohours
    Topics:

Campion is literally the only locked through the rest of the season, the other categories are up for upsets and surprises

Mankishta
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>To the people not predicting Benedict for BAFTA and instead prediction Smith, are y’all discarding the Best Film/Best Actor stat?</p>

Melvinezq
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>To the people not predicting Benedict for BAFTA and instead prediction Smith, are y’all discarding the Best Film/Best Actor stat?</p>

I’m aware that discarding and betting against are two different things.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

Anything can happen. But I truly don’t think Will Smith is winning BAFTA either. I hope he does

Mankishta
    Topics:

I’m aware that discarding and betting against are two different things.

Help I’m confused because I’m genuinely asking if people are willing to overlook that since I’m very confused who to predict between Will and Benedict here. Malek is the only one to have won in 12 years without Film but Bale, while British, also didn’t have Best Film and I think Cumberbatch has more going for him than Bale.

So I have no idea who to predict.

Although apparently there was some podcast with a few BAFTA voters who said that Stephen and Benedict seemed to be the frontrunners for the category but that probably doesn’t matter lol.

Mankishta
    Topics:

Anything can happen. But I truly don’t think Will Smith is winning BAFTA either. I hope he does

I’m fine with Will winning the Oscar but I really would like Benedict to win BAFTA because I think he deserves *something* for TPOTD.

MD
    Topics:

I hope he DOES NOT if there’s any justice in this world.

Mankishta
    Topics:

Also, does BAFTA often correlate decently with LFCC or something? Since I’ve seen people use it here a few times.

Benedict and Kodi did both win LFCC

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.