Home Forums Movies BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 494 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
M
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You say this but Summer of Soul over-performed in the nominations (it got into editing) whilst Flee under-performed (it missed international feature). I do agree that Flee is a film with a lot of poignancy (although tbh it sadly always has been) right now and that could push it over the line but I don’t think Summer of Soul lacks in appeal from the membership.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Yeah, Flee *feels* like it might appeal to the BAFTAs more, so I could definitely see an upset, but then I remembered that Editing nom for SoS, which I think is boosting it a lot. Ironically, I think the one place Flee might be gunning for an upset is the Oscars actually. Best Director winners Bong Joon-ho and Guillermo del Toro have publicly sang its praises, so I think it might have considerable support within the branches. I think that International Feature is pretty much locked in favor of Drive My Car, but I’m wondering if Flee can upset current Animated Feature frontrunner, Encanto.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Is this not airing on BBC America this year? Where instead?

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

Is this not airing on BBC America this year? Where instead?

Britbox

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Britbox

Never heard of that. I’ll have to research it.

Profile picture
    BamaEd
    Topics:

Never heard of that. I’ll have to research it.

I’ve seen commercials for it. They air a lot of British shows, especially crime shows according to the commercials. That may just be because they know crime shows are big here. Just saying it may have a lot of other programming you may want to watch.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I’ve seen commercials for it. They air a lot of British shows, especially crime shows according to the commercials. That may just be because they know crime shows are big here. Just saying it may have a lot of other programming you may want to watch.

It’s a pay subscription service. That’s infuriating.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I’m surprised to see people predicting Kotsur for here. I think Hinds is more likely. BAFTA have shown in the past in that category that they’ll go British when the race is split.

My prediction is still with Smit-McPhee though as I reckon TPOTD is beloved.

Profile picture
    BamaEd
    Topics:

It’s a pay subscription service. That’s infuriating.

Yeah, that’s why I was trying to play up the possibility of extra things you like in case you wanted to justify spending money on it haha. Only cushioning the blow.

Profile picture
    samisimac
    Topics:

Strong feeling that TPOTD will perform better at BAFTA than at Oscars.

Profile picture
    Stefania
    Topics:

Well, at least in USA you can watch it somewhere. I have nowhere to watch it apparently from Italy without installing a VPN… ☹️

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Drive My Car is definitely the adapted screenplay upset contender to TPOTD. TLD has USC Scripter and Venice Best Screenplay, but DMC wasn’t competing with TLD in either awards body. Interestingly enough, Drive My Car won Best Screenplay at Cannes so both films are in equal ground when it comes to festival prizes. But Drive My Car certainly has more passion seeing how it got nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars. Not only that but Drive My Car also won Best Screenplay at LFCC and took the screenplay awards from 2 of the trifecta — LAFCA and NSFC.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Strong feeling that TPOTD will perform better at BAFTA than at Oscars.

I actually feel the opposite tbh. TPOTD missed Dunst, Editing and Sound here, while the Oscars nominated all three (plus Production Design).

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

Drive My Car is definitely the adapted screenplay upset contender to TPOTD. TLD has USC Scripter and Venice Best Screenplay, but DMC wasn’t competing with TLD in either awards body. Interestingly enough, Drive My Car won Best Screenplay at Cannes so both films are in equal ground when it comes to festival prizes. But Drive My Car certainly has more passion seeing how it got nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars. Not only that but Drive My Car also won Best Screenplay at LFCC and took the screenplay awards from 2 of the trifecta — LAFCA and NSFC.

if it wins at the oscars i will believe that the academy truly changed

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

For those who like to speculate who’s winning based on the presenters (which we all know it doesn’t make any sense), Patrick Stewart is there (he will be on Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.