Home Forums Movies BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 494 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
M
  • Profile picture
    m_butterfly
    Topics:

Leo was obviously top 2. DLU did pretty well overall, got into Best Film. Thinking Cumberbatch wasn’t in the top 2 is dumb. And let’s be honest BAFTA are not known for nominating POC (hell Denzel still hasn’t been nominated) it’s not hard to believe Will Smith wasn’t in their top 2. And the jury saved Aunjanue Ellis so we know King Richard was in their wheelhouse after all.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Dicaprio could have been a “Jury Pick.” Yes, he’s a big star, but his performance has been overlooked by many critic awards and SAG/CC.

On a personal note, he truly deserves to be nominated here. His film is more watchable than Tick, Tick…Boom and The Tragedy of Macbeth.

Profile picture
    Moviebuff22
    Topics:

Dicaprio could have been a “Jury Pick.” Yes, he’s a big star, but his performance has been overlooked by many critic awards and SAG/CC.

On a personal note, he truly deserves to be nominated here. His film is more watchable than Tick, Tick…Boom and The Tragedy of Macbeth.

We will know the answer to this Tuesday morning. If he’s nominated he was top 2 for sure. If he misses, then yeah he might have been a jury selection

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Caitriona Balfe wins then really after Yuh-jung Youn won after getting snubbed by the LFCC and missing AACTA, not doing well with both those groups in this category is almost like an awards blessing 💀💀💀.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Haim could be a jury pick, but the over performance of LP in other categories makes me believe she was a Top pick instead of a jury pick.

If she gets nominated for the Oscar, she is 100% membership pick. If she misses however, then it’s pretty likely Scanlan is top 2, which is a possibility we considered before the nominations.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

The most out-of-the-box jury picks they made were Plemons, Faist, and Buckley, and at least the argument there is that they’re smaller performances that have been overlooked to this point.

That’s not Leo in DLU. With that logic, they would’ve picked someone like Dinklage or Hoffman. DLU was peaking when voting closed. He was top 2.

Profile picture
    jez89
    Topics:

The BAFTA nomination/jury process has really skewed the awards race the last two years. It’s gotten silly. Too many random picks and legitimate contenders snubbed, like Dunst and Kidman this year.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Regarding the deleted post. To finally answer who’s top 2. It’s Scanlan. Scanlan won BIFA and made it in LFCC. In other words Scanlan is the ONLY nominee on the ENTIRE lineup who NEVER missed a nomination. It’s her. Not Colman. Scanlan and Gaga.

Haim isn’t even nominated in LFCC or BIFA while Scanlan made both.

Profile picture
    annveal
    Topics:

Not that this matters much but I’m pretty sure it’s a different jury for each acting category, the idea being you can count on people to watch 13 films/performances during a two week period but across all acting categories the picks will turn out more populist. So it was two different groups of people that picked Plemons & passed over Dunst

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

It’s so hilarious to me that Gaga CONTINUES to be underestimated even after today haha. You’d think that they learn from last year. But it’s probably for the best, considering the Golderby frontrunner curse is pretty brutal

Profile picture
    Joe Burns
    Topics:

This jury system is just garbage. They need to change it back to normal next year, what an embarrassment. It really invalidates the awards season to me.

Profile picture
    aahoto
    Topics:

(I’m going to brag real quick – came in 22nd. Took some silly chances on Screenplay and forgot to use my Superbets but yaaaaay!)

Imagine not voting for Villeneuve in Director, I mean honestly.

I suppose Gaga is winning, they go mainstream after the nominations. I finally put her in my Oscar predictions.

Now watch me tank predicting the BAFTA winners. 😛

Profile picture
    Orestes
    Topics:

Oh my gosh, I came in 3rd place! Was not expecting that.

My main disappointment is the jury not seeing fit to nominate Kathryn Hunter for The Tragedy of Macbeth. I really thought she’d get in even if Denzel didn’t.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Imagine not voting for Villeneuve in Director, I mean honestly.

Directing was fully juried, he was probably top 5 if not higher. But thank god jury stopped him.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.