Home Forums Movies BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 511 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
M
Manav
  • Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

The jury is so predictable. Literally the 3 we universally predicted. The surprise came in the top 2. I think they nominated Haim instead of Zegler. So Colman having missed the top 2, was just too big of a name to be nominated by the jury.

I think the top 2 was Gaga and Scanlan. In my opinion Haim does not have enough passion for the top 2. But I think you’re right about the jury not wanting to pick a big name like Colman, still it’s so weird that she missed while her co-star made it in supporting.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

If Leo wasn’t a jury pick, then why SAG snubbed him despite DLU making Ensemble?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Vanessa Kirby also got into all precursors last year.

This year

Cumberbatch
    Smith

Gaga

Kostur
    Smit-McPhee

Balfe
    DeBose

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

If Leo wasn’t a jury pick, then why SAG snubbed him despite DLU making Ensemble?

Because SAG.

We also have to take in consideration that Don’t Look Up was big at the voting period.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling, where to see the tech noms?

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

My gut instinct is that Andrew Garfield’s Jonathan Larson, Tick Tick…Boom!, and West Side Story in general are just too American for BAFTA voters to feel the passion to rally behind. Absolutely thrilled for Mike Faist, though. He absolutely needed this, jury system or not.

This was my fear about West Side Story: it is simply too American ): I guess doggy Dog will actually win and it will suck big time ): But who knows? Maybe sanity will prevail with academy members? I am giving up hope.

Not nominating Olivia Colman is disgusting and I really thought Kathryn Hunter would be nominated too… I worried about these nominations and while there were some great ones (Mike Faist and Jessie Buckley in particular) there were heartbreaking ones too.

Profile picture
    Zuranthium
    Topics:

Weird snubs for Dunst and the editing of TPOTD.

Those aren’t weird at all. It’s been coming.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

Stewart is DONE! HAHAHA

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Why are some of y’all refusing to believe the possibility that Leo was top 2? He is the biggest name on the list along with Will Smith and his film is a huge hit, and got crucial above the line nominations (plus tons of people saw the movie, unlike most of the films nominated) Yall just hate DLU THAT much lol.

Why should a jury system that snubbed Carey Mulligan, Viola Davis, Glenn Close, Gary Oldman and countless other showy performances go for super-showy-not-artsy-at-all Leo in DLU? It just doesn’t make sense. You’re right, he was top2 and there is passion for him and the movie. I don’t even like the movie but it’s literally clear as day.

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

Profile picture
    Michael Windfeldt
    Topics:

no. Belfast missed Director. It didn’t get all it needs.

If you consider the fact that the director nominations is deceided on by a jury whose sole purpose is to have diverse nominees, I wouldn’t count that as a snub. Belfast could very well win this.

FYC:
    Best Picture: Licorice Pizza, West Side Story, Dune.

Best Director: PTA, Denis Villeneuve

Best Original Screenplay: Licorice Pizza.

Best Actress: Alana Haim

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Other notable observations:

— Neither Leto nor Cooper showed up in supporting actor despite their movies performing rather well — I think we can potentially rule them out as possible spoilers at the Oscars (given that some people were considering a Cooper win)

— West Side Story might not even be top 4 in BP at this point. All these guilds snubs + the underperformance here aren’t a good sign. I might move Dune up to No. 3.

— BP here is easily Belfast vs. POTD and I wouldn’t declare either the winner yet. POTD got more nominations, but that’s also because the jury saved Jesse and director was completely juried. Caitriona and Ciaran were very likely top 2 and unlike POTD, Belfast got editing, which may or may not be crucial. That said, Belfast didn’t get sound, cinematography and production design, which boasts some weakness.

— Tick, Tick… BOOM! needed something here. I already didn’t have it in BP, but this solidifies my prediction. I always sensed the lack of international support.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think at the end of the day the top 2 when it comes to nominations with each voting body is different from the other. Sure we have commonalities like Gaga and Smit-McPhee but in best actress for example neither of Colman, Kidman or Stewart were top 2.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

The fantasy that Garfield is winning is over now. Told ya’

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Because SAG.

We also have to take in consideration that Don’t Look Up was big at the voting period.

Because SAG is not an argument. He still had no reason to be snubbed there.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 511 total)

The topic ‘BAFTA 2022 Film Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.