Home Forums Movies BAFTA Film Awards 2020 Reactions

BAFTA Film Awards 2020 Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 434 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gabe Guarin
Singsongoflov..
PJ Edwards
  • Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Just here to collect my winnings! I only missed Rising Star, Casting and Visual Effects. And even though I called the upsets by Klaus and 1917 in Production Design, I still have Toy Story 4 and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood for the Oscars. Joker is what I would have voted for in Casting, so I predict my own preference in the category next year if they keep the same system (panel of about a dozen voters).

ReplyCopy URL
    ArtIsntEasy
    Participant
    Topics:

Me either.

SPOTLIGHT may be the exception, but I do think MOONLIGHT and especially WATER and BIRDMAN were fairly polarizing. I’m actually a tad amazed that THE SHAPE OF WATER managed to pull it off on the preferential ballot.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Just here to collect my winnings! I only missed Rising Star, Casting and Visual Effects. And even though I called the upsets by Klaus and 1917 in Production Design, I still have Toy Story 4 and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood for the Oscars. Joker is what I would have voted for in Casting, so I predict my own preference in the category next year if they keep the same system (panel of about a dozen voters).

I predicted Klaus and 1917 too but didn’t do nearly as well as you did.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is anyone paying attention to what that hag says anymore?

lol little women made her lose her mind this season. there is always one film that does it. she just has something personal against gerwig and baumbach.

ReplyCopy URL
    CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

lol little women made her lose her mind this season. there is always one film that does it. she just has something personal against gerwig and baumbach.

Maybe because she knew they were only hype??? Sentimental-toned movies always have so much hype and never end up with much industry acclaim.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe because she knew they were only hype??? Sentimental-toned movies always have so much hype and never end up with much industry acclaim.

It got 6 noms and will most likely win costumes and come in 2nd for screenplay. Not a bad haul for a film that was only hype.

ReplyCopy URL
    CuriousHedgehog
    Participant
    Topics:

Did she hate Lady Bird too? I can’t remember.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Jo
    Participant
    Topics:

Just learned the winners. I’m happy for Klaus. It was underrated but now it got the recognition it deserves. It’s a serious threat to win at the Oscars (I hope.)

Although Parasite didn’t bag the Best Picture, in which I understood because it will crowned in Foreign Language category, it is destined to be one of the classics. It will be remembered and mentioned in the future.

ReplyCopy URL
    CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

It got 6 noms and will most likely win costumes and come in 2nd for screenplay. Not a bad haul for a film that was only hype.

I mean “hype” in terms of the potential awards haul. One award is not equivalent to the hype it had going into this season when people were predicting it to be a player for BP, Actress, SA, screenplay, costumes, score, and director.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Finished watching telecast. Nice and streamlined for the most part, although Ian McKellen ran on way too long about Andy Serkis. Graham Norton was a solid host, but he’s no Stephen Fry, is he? I’ve resigned that the acting winners are set in stone now. The only nail-biters will be maybe the screenplay categories. Rooting for Greta and “Parasite” duo there. “1917” will probably take BP and BD now, but whatever. “Parasite” is a modern-day classic that will be studied, imitated, and revered for years to come. That will have to suffice, along with International Film and maybe Original Screenplay. And one more thing, Joaquin just gives no fucks, right? Must be nice when you’re the frontrunner and nothing can touch that. Great message, but the delivery was so uncomfortable and squirmy. I’m almost dreading what his Oscar speech is going to sound like. Just thank Todd, Rooney, and Heath and call it a day man lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Joaquin’s speech was well needed and it can sometimes be a good thing to make people uncomfortable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t say Phoenix’s speech wasn’t needed. I said the delivery was squirmy and inappropriate for that venue.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hinrich689
    Participant
    Topics:

Joaquin’s speech was moving and terrific and it’s getting wide acclaim in social media. He may not have the best public speaking skills but I am proud of him for not doing the usual “thank you” speech and calling out systemic racism instead.

ReplyCopy URL
    CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t say Phoenix’s speech wasn’t needed. I said the delivery was squirmy and inappropriate for that venue.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

nenebye

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 434 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.