Home Forums Movies BAFTA Film Awards 2021 Reactions (Part 3)

BAFTA Film Awards 2021 Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 935 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
George Ehret
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 3. Several awards will be given out on Saturday. Most will be awarded on Sunday.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Everyone ready to have their predictions fucked this weekend?

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

If Ali somehow wins this over Youn when she’s not even in the movie that much and does nothing special…yikes

Everyone else in that category deserves it more.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

Everyone ready to have their predictions fucked this weekend?

can’t wait for everything to get even more chaotic

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Ali somehow wins this over Youn when she’s not even in the movie that much and does nothing special…yikes Everyone else in that category deserves it more.

If Ali wins period… yikes

Rooting for Bukky Bakray to win though. But I also would love any of the other nominees winning!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Kinda off topic, but just realized that the only non-BP nominee to win Original Score in 18 years was The Hateful Eight, with a massive overdue narrative by the greatest composer of all time.

Soul will probably overcome this stat and will win both BAFTA and the Oscar, but I wonder if some movie could pull a Brokeback Mountain winning over Memoirs of Geisha (which took Globes and BAFTA). If Nomadland’s score was eligible, maybe, but Minari and Mank aren’t Brokeback.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

The more I read here the more i get tempted to change something but my head and my heart are telling me to stick with what I got now.

I expect Minari to go empty-handed but if Bakalova doesn’t win either (which is what I’m predicting) I’m changing for Youn at the Oscars, getting a good feeling about it (will probably switch either way but I’m gonna wait until after BAFTAs are over to change anything)

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

If anything could upset Soul I think it is Minari, but I don’t think that’s gonna happen. If it happens here, I’ll predict Minari to win at the Oscars. Now I want it to happen because Minari is easily the best score of the year and honestly should’ve done a complete sweep

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Minari wins foreign language feature here I might actually predict it to win Best Picture at the Oscars.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

If Minari wins foreign language feature here I might actually predict it to win Best Picture at the Oscars.

I can’t tell if you’re serious or if this is like the Best Actress thread earlier lmfao

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

If Minari wins foreign language feature here I might actually predict it to win Best Picture at the Oscars.

You’re brave. At least someone is having fun with their predictions

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

i don’t think minari has enough support to overcome nomadland but if it infact wins the foreign language I think its the clear no2

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

i don’t think minari has enough support to overcome nomadland but if it infact wins the foreign language I think its the clear no2

To be fair, does anything have the support to overcome Nomadland?

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

If anything upsets Nomadland it is The Father. I’ve seen more and more people saying that the movie made them remember about their parents and grandparents who were gone. The IMDB and Rotten scores are insanely high for a movie like this

I’m feeling incredibly confident in The Father taking Adapted Screenplay and I’d say is third in Editing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 935 total)

The topic ‘BAFTA Film Awards 2021 Reactions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.