Home Forums Movies BAFTA Film Awards 2021 Reactions (Part 3)

BAFTA Film Awards 2021 Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 934 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
George Ehret
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

To be fair, does anything have the support to overcome Nomadland?

as JV said too The Father… its getting brilliant reviews as more and more people see it. If it performs well at the BAFTAs it can even shake nomadland imo but it is still a long shot
    also it has only 3k sth votes to enter imdb top 250 movies and has the highest rating on Letterboxd amongst the BP nominees not even mentioning the metascore and rotten tomatoes scores

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

If anything upsets Nomadland it is The Father. I’ve seen more and more people saying that the movie made them remember about their parents and grandparents who were gone. The IMDB and Rotten scores are insanely high for a movie like this I’m feeling incredibly confident in The Father taking Adapted Screenplay and I’d say is third in Editing.

I think we were talking about the Oscars, but I definitely think The Father is at least #3 here

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Kinda off topic, but just realized that the only non-BP nominee to win Original Score in 18 years was The Hateful Eight, with a massive overdue narrative by the greatest composer of all time.

Soul will probably overcome this stat and will win both BAFTA and the Oscar, but I wonder if some movie could pull a Brokeback Mountain winning over Memoirs of Geisha (which took Globes and BAFTA). If Nomadland’s score was eligible, maybe, but Minari and Mank aren’t Brokeback.

Soul is definitely strong enough to overcome this stat.

Memoirs of a Geisha was a panned film and it had already won three other awards. I also don’t think there was any urgency to award John Williams for a 6th time.

I also suspect that Reznor and Ross being nominated with Jon Batiste is helping Soul. It wouldn’t body well to award Reznor and Ross alone when they can be awarded with somebody else.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I’m not convinced that The Father has any chance of a Best Picture win because of its PGA miss. We say all the time that stats are meant to be broken, but that is a MASSIVE hurdle to overcome. Maybe if it wins here I’ll consider it, but that’s a definite maybe

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I’m not convinced that The Father has any chance of a Best Picture win because of its PGA miss. We say all the time that stats are meant to be broken, but that is a MASSIVE hurdle to overcome. Maybe if it wins here I’ll consider it, but that’s a definite maybe

Plus the DGA miss. But let’s be real every film is basically last after Nomadland.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Topics:

true but still it is doing so well when we consider how poor everyone thought it was going to perform with the noms so there must be some love behind it yk

Profile picture
    Topics:

Plus the DGA miss. But let’s be real every film is basically last after Nomadland.

Florian Zeller actually got into the First Feature so it wasn’t really a miss imo

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Florian Zeller actually got into the First Feature so it wasn’t really a miss imo

Yeah but the main directing category.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

C’mon guys, nothing can stop Nomadland at this point. It’s easily taking BAFTA.

Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

If anything upsets Nomadland it is The Father. I’ve seen more and more people saying that the movie made them remember about their parents and grandparents who were gone. The IMDB and Rotten scores are insanely high for a movie like this I’m feeling incredibly confident in The Father taking Adapted Screenplay and I’d say is third in Editing.

I’m predicting ‘Nomadland’ of course but I think PYW is the only one that could upset it at BAFTA since it has a story which is extremely prevalent to what is going on in the UK today. Not enough people are talking about this and it’s why I also believe it will eventually take British Film over The Father.

Profile picture
    Topics:

Yeah but the main directing category.

yeah but like aaron sorkin made in where he is w the oscar noms? i am not saying the father is for sure will upset in some categories but if it performs well w the baftas it is something to consider

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I still have PYW at #2 at the Oscars, so I think it makes sense that it’d be #2 here. But Nomadland was always gonna win here no matter what

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

yeah but like aaron sorkin made in where he is w the oscar noms? i am not saying the father is for sure will upset in some categories but if it performs well w the baftas it is something to consider

An over performance at the BAFTA (only needs to win adapted and British film) would make it very strong for adapted at the Oscars.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

if it overperforms at BAFTA, then I’ll consider making it my Screenplay prediction at the Oscars, but besides that I don’t think it has a chance of winning anything else

#StopAsianHate

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 934 total)

The topic ‘BAFTA Film Awards 2021 Reactions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.