Home Forums Movies BAFTA Film Awards 2021 Reactions (Part 3)

BAFTA Film Awards 2021 Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 935 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
George Ehret
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Chicago 7 will win Editing here and nothing else, just like the last four winners in this category.

I don’t know what will happen at ACE, but Nomadland and Minari aren’t winning, for sure. They denied Cuaron for Gravity and he was nominated along with another guy. Why would be different for Zhao, who edited Nomadland alone ?

I think SoM or The Father will end up winning the Oscars.

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

In case anyone on this thread really wants to relive it, they uploaded the spoken word thing to twitter

https://twitter.com/bafta/status/1380985586211819520?s=21

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    thomasrigours
    Topics:

I am also for some reason fearing for Promising Young Woman in Original Screenplay

Me too, I feel Rocks could easily upset in this category.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Trial has editing on lock for BAFTAs.Fennell is winning original screenplay too.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I don’t really see a reason that Fennell wouldn’t win Screenplay. Especially not here. Like I’m not gonna say she’s a lock, but I just don’t really have any reason to think she’d lose the BAFTA

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    NevadaR
    Topics:

So what do you think it’s winning British Film? More confused now than before.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So what do you think it’s winning British Film? More confused now than before.

I have <i>Promising Young Woman </i>with The Father as a spoiler but it wouldn’t surprise me if Rocks broke the Best Film = British Film stat. Especially in light of its Casting win over Promising Young Woman. I am regretting having that film in 4th behind <i>The Mauritanian </i>now.

The Dig was very obviously 5th in British Film during the nominations stage. The rest are jury picks that BAFTA members are unlikely to have seen in masses.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Rocks missed the longlist for Best Film, so I really don’t think it’s taking British Film against two movies that actually made the top5.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Rocks missed the longlist for Best Film, so I really don’t think it’s taking British Film against two movies that actually made the top5.

Another thing against it in Screenplay

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I have two wrong already because of Ma Rainey, so I am probably not placing second again.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Well, it’s more embarrassing to have one wrong because of The Midnight Sky💀

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I just never bought The Midnight Sky as a winner in VFX, ngl.

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m sorry to brag but I really don’t get why people thought The Midnight Sky stood a chance at winning Visual Effects? I hated Tenet as a film but these people literally long-listed it in Best Director lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 935 total)

The topic ‘BAFTA Film Awards 2021 Reactions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.