Home Forums Movies BAFTA Film Awards 2021 Winners Reactions (Part 4)

BAFTA Film Awards 2021 Winners Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 163 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Oscirus_Jones
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Here are the identities of those juries:

So “seven to twelve” actually means “ten to thirteen” and we have Alice Eve and James Bobin to blame for Carey’s snub.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

BAFTA messed up best actress. They’re racist and their jury thing just proved to be useless. A black woman is never winning best actress at the BAFTAs.

Curious to know who do you think should have won. Lol. None of them are even at the standard of Kirby, Mcdormand, and Mulligan who they snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Curious to know who do you think should have won. Lol. None of them are even at the standard of Kirby, Mcdormand, and Mulligan who they snubbed.

Bakray, Woodard and Mosaku all gave better performances than McDormand, Kirby nd Mulligan who did absolutely nothing in that silly film. Even Kirby would have been more deserving than McDormand.

I still say BAFTAs are racist and gives no damn about WOC. Emma Stone won the BAFTA for La La Land and you think Woodard wouldn’t have been deserving? That’s pure racism. They should end the jury thing if it won’t translate to wins. There was no point in giving McDormand another win just three years after she won the category.

I’m glad the didn’t go the Boseman route though. Hopkins gave the best performance of the season and would be winning everything if not for the sympathetic votes for Boseman.

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

In hindsight I’m actually surprised that PYW was able to hold off The Father in British Film given the latter scored some high profile wins, both of which I’d call upsets even though Screenplay was widely predicted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

One last thing I will say: BAFTA did PYW dirty with those clips. I have never seen more ill-fitting clips to represent a movie. It’s not a rom-com!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    aahoto
    Topics:

One last thing I will say: BAFTA did PYW dirty with those clips. I have never seen more ill-fitting clips to represent a movie. It’s not a rom-com!

Right?! The Score clip was just Mulligan and Burnham kissing! I actually looked away, haha. The score was great all the way through (was surprised how good it was when watching the movie), could have picked other clips.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

The power these three wins have..

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

BAFTA messed up best actress. They’re racist and their jury thing just proved to be useless. A black woman is never winning best actress at the BAFTAs.

Yeah, they messed up for rewarding the most acclaimed female performance of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Ratings tanked:

Public audiences failed to spark to the program, however, with TV viewing figures likely to be among BAFTA’s lowest, if not the lowest on record. The ceremony was watched by just 1.9M people on BBC One in the UK, down from 3M last year, which itself was a 12-year low. It was beaten by ITV quiz “Tipping Point: Lucky Stars” and a new episode of “Midsomer Murders.” The first half of the ceremony, broadcast on Saturday night, was watched by just 400,000 viewers on BBC Two, according to overnight Barb figures supplied by overnights. From Deadline.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The ceremony was watched by just 1.9M people on BBC One in the UK, down from 3M last year, which itself was a 12-year low. It was beaten by ITV quiz “Tipping Point: Lucky Stars” and a new episode of “Midsomer Murders.

I’m sorry but this is so British lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Ratings tanked: Public audiences failed to spark to the program, however, with TV viewing figures likely to be among BAFTA’s lowest, if not the lowest on record. The ceremony was watched by just 1.9M people on BBC One in the UK, down from 3M last year, which itself was a 12-year low. It was beaten by ITV quiz “Tipping Point: Lucky Stars” and a new episode of “Midsomer Murders.” The first half of the ceremony, broadcast on Saturday night, was watched by just 400,000 viewers on BBC Two, according to overnight Barb figures supplied by overnights. From Deadline.

So the Globes, SAG, and BAFTAs hit all time viewership lows. Can the Oscars make it a quadruple?

It’s sad to see the diversity jury which was in part created to interest more general public POC, backfire so dramatically. More changes to be made for next year I would imagine.

FYC:

Virginie Efira, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson, Benedetta (Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor)

Jim Broadbent, Helen Mirren, The Duke (Actor, Supporting Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    supermalt
    Topics:

Every year is a new low. I do not see an increase in any televised showing after next year. They can make all the changes they want the result is going to be the same.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They can make all the changes they want the result is going to be the same.

The Oscars increased in viewership in 2019. It’s not implausible for each of the awards ceremonies to bounce back next year with the pandemic plateauing.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aurelius
    Topics:

Actual awards ceremonies rather than zoom awards in a drawn out season, rewarding theatrically released movies rather than streaming movies, will see ratings go up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

All award shows have suffered badly in ratings. People are not watching in the traditional sense anymore. They are catching it through streaming and social media. It’s 2021.

At this point, a small increase or only a small decrease for the Oscars would be shocking.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.