Home Forums Movies BAFTA Film Awards 2021 Winners Reactions (Part 4)

BAFTA Film Awards 2021 Winners Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 163 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Oscirus_Jones
boredandricho..
  • Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

This Alfre Woodard erasure.

Oh I meant from the Oscar 5, Frances is my favourite this year. Alfre Woodard is much superior and I was literally screaming with joy when I saw her get nominated here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

I had Frances in actress and Bukky in rising star and swapped them out last minute ughhhh

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Jury system or not we can see now that voters will just vote for what they want.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Systematic racism is a system.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Systematic racism is a system.

So you’d rather have a fake representation of a voting body that hasn’t changed one bit and has been praised for its new diverse system? The members are the same. They haven’t changed. Does the organization deserve praise for changing the system because they couldn’t change the individuals? Why don’t they invite more POC members? Screen more POC-led movies? Promote more POC stuff? It’s so much easier to put 7 people there and tell them to go with 4/6 POC choices in all acting categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

So invite more members of color. Having juries to pander to actors of color is BS.

FFS you can’t invent a list of distinguished “members of colour” overnight to satisfy your quota that isn’t representative of the history of British film and television. Change is coming but you are either 20 years old and think you’re inventing the wheel, or just completely ignorant of reality and history. Black British people account for about 3% of the UK but were greatly represented in tonight’s ceremony.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Why don’t they invite more POC members? Screen more POC-led movies? Promote more POC stuff? It’s so much easier to put 7 people there and tell them to go with 4/6 POC choices in all acting categories.

They literally are, did you not watch tonight’s ceremony? I am so confused, I just do not understand why Americans think every other country is the same as theirs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

So you’d rather have a fake representation of a voting body that hasn’t changed one bit and has been praised for its new diverse system? The members are the same. They haven’t changed. Does the organization deserve praise for changing the system because they couldn’t change the individuals? Why don’t they invite more POC members? Screen more POC-led movies? Promote more POC stuff? It’s so much easier to put 7 people there and tell them to go with 4/6 POC choices in all acting categories.

Because you still have the problem of people ignoring movies that they dont want to watch.  They’re addressing the problems one aspect at a time. Sure they could add more poc members and hope for the best, but until such time as you address the root of the problem, aint nothing gonna get done.  Obviously baftas work isnt quite done yet, but as long as they continue building on what they did this year, things will be improved and the deserving people will win/ be nominated once the system is completely implemented.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I see some of the Gold Derby racists are still pressed at the sheer amount of phenomenal performances from people of colour being nominated.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

They literally are, did you not watch tonight’s ceremony? I am so confused, I just do not understand why Americans think every other country is the same as theirs.

Love you for thinking I’m American 🙂 So my English is not as bad.

I think they have been really diverse tonight. I was speaking about the issue in general. 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Because you still have the problem of people ignoring movies that they dont want to watch. They’re addressing the problems one aspect at a time. Sure they could add more poc members and hope for the best, but until such time as you address the root of the problem, aint nothing gonna get done. Obviously baftas work isnt quite done yet, but as long as they continue building on what they did this year, things will be improved and the deserving people will win/ be nominated once the system is completely implemented.

Yes this is a crime and must be outlawed. Everyone must like the same prescribed movies. Are you kidding me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Yes this is a crime and must be outlawed. Everyone must like the same prescribed movies. Are you kidding me.

Yes Im the asshole for expecting the people voting on giving an award to something, to have knowledge on all the participants submissions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The real winning moment tonight:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The real winning moment tonight:

That was absolutely joyous!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.