Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 350 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 hours ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
Dana S.
O´Hara
KEllis
  • Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Cooper is done and it’s between Malek and Bale with Malek having an edge because of his GG.

I also think that it’s between Malek and Bale right now. But I don’t see how Malek has an edge because of his GG, since Bale also won GG.

ReplyCopy URL
    nevkm
    Participant
    Topics:

I meant the GG for Drama as well.

He’s definitely got more momentum but we’ll see.

ReplyCopy URL
    Thomas Eagan
    Participant
    Topics:

Hard to separate best actor and best picture when it come to Rami Malek. He was the movie and he was sensational.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vicennn
    Participant
    Topics:

John David Washington was just ok on BlackKk. For what I’ve been reading I assume Hawke was better. Hawke gets the 5th slot.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Hard to separate best actor and best picture when it come to Rami Malek. He was the movie and he was sensational.

That is exactly what pulls him back. You can’t separate him from his movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

I meant the GG for Drama as well.

That’s actually dualistic. Cause that particular win attracted backlash against the movie, while, if only Malek himself won, everything would be more smoothly.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s actually dualistic. Cause that particular win attracted backlash against the movie, while, if only Malek himself won, everything would be more smoothly.

Exactly. Had the HFPA not rewarded the entire movie in general, I might have been more inclined to put him at the top of predictions (not really). But since no one liked that win, it’s going to affect his win as well (also because they were all over the place that night).

ReplyCopy URL
    H. H.
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think it will affect him as much as some of you think or hope but that remains to be seen. I’m perfectly fine with Bale winning as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Problemchild
    Participant
    Topics:

Malek vs Bale with slight edge to Malek who seems to have more passionate supporters. Is Cooper really going home empty handed?

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully there’s space for Hawke. I would also love Lucas Hedges but that probably ain’t happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cair
    Participant
    Topics:

I really want Rami Malek to win. I love Bohemian Rhapsody. I know it’s not likely, but crossing my fingers that he does.

ReplyCopy URL
    Arias
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Hawke is getting that 5th slot. I think he has enough imdustry support to squeeze in. Plus those big critics prizes couldn’t have gone unnoticed, right? When did an actor sweep LA, NY and NSFC and not get nominated? When was the last time an actor swept those three, period?

If he does get nominated, i also think it helps Malek. Cooper-hawke will split votes. And I don’t think Bale even cares lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The main problem for me with Hawke is that the top five are too solid, so his entrance would necessitate a major snub.  Those do happen, but I do not see a path here, like I do in supporting actor for example.  I thought for the longest time that Rami Malek would be the major snub because he was in a critically-derided film, but he has since become the frontrunner to win, so I abandoned that line of thought.  But back when I was thinking that Malek was on track for a snub, I did not necessarily think that Hawke would be the replacement.  I successfully predicted his snub at both the Globes and SAG, even though he was favoured in the odds for nominations at both.  Maybe Willem Dafoe as Vincent Van Gogh is more palatable? It seems to have been overlooked that he amassed nominations from both the Globes and Critics’ Choice; he is probably the only such contender that is not even being considered for the Oscars.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Bird
    Participant
    Topics:

Only way I see Cooper entering back into the Best Actor conversation is if he is snubbed for Best Director. In that case, I can see an Argo scenario occurring, except with driving a Best Actor win instead of a Best Picture win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

He could win Critics’ Choice. It seems unlikely that Rami Malek wins, seeing as the Broadcast Film Critics are the ones who have been writing all of the articles that trash the Globe wins by Bohemian Rhapsody, so Best Actor is up for grabs there. A Star is Born also stands a good chance at Best Picture there and you would think that they would want to pair it with something bigger than Song.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 350 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.