Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 506 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +21 hidden )
replies
views
users
O´Hara
EsOS
kellis
  • Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

The main problem for me with Hawke is that the top five are too solid, so his entrance would necessitate a major snub.

Is Washington that solid though? To me he’s clearly the most vulnerable of the SAG five, despite being in a top 5 Best Picture contender, and the most obvious one that could be ‘replaced’.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Is Washington that solid though? To me he’s clearly the most vulnerable of the SAG five, despite being in a top 5 Best Picture contender, and the most obvious one that could be ‘replaced’.

The nominated Daniel Kaluuya last year, so..

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

The nominated Daniel Kaluuya last year, so..

Kaluuya had Critics Choice and BAFTA noms, unlike JD Washington. Also Kaluuya was at least 4th in line for a nom, maybe even higher. Washington is 5th at best because the top 4 are rock-solid.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Kaluuya had Critics Choice and BAFTA noms, unlike JD Washington.

Right, forgot that.

Mason
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh great another actor who plays an old, fat and bald white dude is winning this. I’m so excited.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh great another actor who plays an old, fat and bald white dude is winning this. I’m so excited.

Who, Freddie Mercury? 😉

Lisa Lemon
    Participant
    Topics:

He could win Critics’ Choice. It seems unlikely that Rami Malek wins, seeing as the Broadcast Film Critics are the ones who have been writing all of the articles that trash the Globe wins by Bohemian Rhapsody, so Best Actor is up for grabs there. A Star is Born also stands a good chance at Best Picture there and you would think that they would want to pair it with something bigger than Song.

I thought Rami would not win due to the critics being the ones who have slammed the movie all season since it came out..although Rami just won the Online Critics Award beating both Bale & Cooper so who knows imo..

I think most agree Rami was great..the critics were not trashing his win just the movie right?

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Lisa Lemon.
    Mason
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Rami would not win due to the critics being the ones who have slammed the movie all season since it came out..although Rami just won the Online Critics Award beating both Bale & Cooper so who knows imo.. I think most agree Rami was great..the critics were not trashing his win just the movie right?

He still made the top5 for almost all critics group. You mean L.A. Online Film Critics?

Anonymous
    Topics:

Sensitive Pixie Dream Boy is gonna Charlotte Rampling/Marion Cotillard his way to golden dildo line-up. Mark my words. He’s probably replacing Denzel Washington’s talentless spawn.

Is that Ryan Gosling? Cause I fully agree. I don’t think for a second I’ve predicted Washington this year at the Oscars predix center, been sticking with Gos. Gosling is this year’s American Sniper‘s Cooper though with a BFCA nom.

nevkm
    Participant
    Topics:

Is that Ryan Gosling? Cause I fully agree. I don’t think for a second I’ve predicted Washington this year at the Oscars predix center, been sticking with Gos. Gosling is this year’s American Sniper‘s Cooper though with a BFCA nom.

I think she means Hawke.

Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

I think she means Hawke.

Hawke? But Hawke is 48, so how can the term “Boy” be applied to him?

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I am pretty sure Washington is getting that Oscar nod. He’s gotten in where he needed to: SAG and the Globes. He’s following Denzel’s path from last year. He’s also in a Best Picture nominee, which can only work in his favor.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Mortensen could easily be vulnerable now too. Bale/Cooper/Hawke/Malek/Washington.

Anonymous
    Topics:

I’m sorry, but I can’t buy Hawke getting nominated for a film that aired back in May, and a film nobody cares about except critics. WGA snubbed it in best OScreenplay, so it’s probably missing Screenplay at the Oscars as well. At least First Man has been more appreciated by major awards, tho not acting-wise.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Gosling is this year’s American Sniper‘s Cooper though with a BFCA nom.

Bradley Cooper in American Sniper did not get a Critics’ Choice Award nomination for Best Actor.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.