Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 435 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
8 hours ago
( +20 hidden )
replies
views
users
O´Hara
ospencer
Dana S.
  • Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Mortensen could easily be vulnerable now too. Bale/Cooper/Hawke/Malek/Washington.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sorry, but I can’t buy Hawke getting nominated for a film that aired back in May, and a film nobody cares about except critics. WGA snubbed it in best OScreenplay, so it’s probably missing Screenplay at the Oscars as well. At least First Man has been more appreciated by major awards, tho not acting-wise.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Gosling is this year’s American Sniper‘s Cooper though with a BFCA nom.

Bradley Cooper in American Sniper did not get a Critics’ Choice Award nomination for Best Actor.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Officially my awards snack.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Gosling is this year’s American Sniper‘s Cooper though with a BFCA nom.

American Sniper was a very late-breaking hit (and definitely too late for SAG), so Cooper was able to crash into the Best Actor lineup at the last minute. First Man has been out for months and more or less flopped, though it has its admirers (including me). There’s no excuse for a star like Gosling in a big studio film with plenty of exposure to have missed everywhere he has. His situation is not remotely similar to Cooper’s four years ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going wild with this category and predicting Willem Dafoe instead of John D. and Hawke

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Bradley Cooper in American Sniper did not get a Critics’ Choice Award nomination for Best Actor.

I meant the opposite. Gosling got one, while Cooper didn’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate to say it, but it does seem like Ethan Hawke will be missing out on the nomination (which is a shame, because he gave the best performance). The problem is that his film is TOUGH to watch… not fun… I can see many voters with the screeners just quit watching halfway through the film.

There’s no way Mortensen misses out bc of controversy. People who love Green Book love it in large part bc of him.

Mr. Washington has A LOT going for him to score his first nom… SAG & Globe noms… Spike Lee as his director… Best Picture contender… and who his dad is.

Still, if I were a voter, I would give my #1 vote to Ethan Hawke. If enough people saw the (entire) film, I think he would be nominated. I just don’t think enough did.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s just a fake news!

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s just a fake news!

What part of The Onion you don’t understand?

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw Green Book. Mortense was pretty bad. This italian schtick (because it was a lot of things) was terrible. Can’t believe he was a front runner for the win ealier in the race.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t get why people keep doing this. They forget all about everyone else once Golden Globe winners are out and always go it’s Drama Actor vs Comedy/Musical Actor. Why? They did the same last year with McDormand and Ronan. The race remained McDormand vs Hawkins even after the Globes, simply because Hawkins had given a superior performance to Ronan’s. I remember all the awards’ odds being shifted to McDormand then Ronan then Hawkins. And this year everyone’s like it’s Malek vs Bale and Close vs Colman. It’s really annoying. The race is still Malek vs Cooper, and Gaga isn’t done already. Sometimes it applies like Marion Cotillard vs Julie Christie, but just because those 2 actually were the top 2 most buzzed or top performances. It’s just really frustrating.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Sometimes it applies like Marion Cotillard vs Julie Christie, but just because those 2 actually were the top 2 most buzzed or top performances. It’s just really frustrating.

I’m just really sad Ellen Page didn’t get more recognition. It is a great performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    金娜璉
    Participant
    Topics:

Ethan Hawke’s Body Found Dumped In Laurel Canyon As 2019 Oscar Race Heats Up

I THOUGHT IT WAS REAL!!

i actually started tearing up! 🙁

who tf thinks this shit is funny????!!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 435 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.