Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +21 hidden )
replies
views
users
O´Hara
ospencer
KEllis
  • kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Not just that he’s always sweaty and looks high and dirty as fuck,not my type sorry.

Can see where you’re coming from then. I can most definitely see that opinion when it comes to ASIB, that was rough but I guess that fits the character

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Christian Bale, Vice; Bradley Cooper, A Star Is Born; Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody; Viggo Mortensen, Green Book; and John David Washington, BlacKkKlansman

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I have now seen the performances of Christian Bale in Vice, Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody and Viggo Mortensen in Green Book. Bale is not a factor in this despite the physical transformation. I think people are under estimating Mortensen, but Rami Malek would be ranked first for me.

Still need to see A Star Is Born and BlacKkKlansman.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

As someone who wants Hawke to win the Oscar, I think Washington is a lock for a nomination.

There has never been an instance in which Denzel Washington lost out on an Oscar nomination after nabbing nominations at the Golden Globes and at SAG. John David Washington has earned both nominations and also stars in a Best Picture hopeful.

On the other hand, Ethan Hawke has lost out on nominations at both the Globes and at SAG and isn’t starring in a Best Picture hopeful. Sure, he has swept all the critic awards, but critics aren’t Oscar voters. The Charlotte Rampling analogy is always passed around but that was a completely different race. That year, she was competing against performances that weren’t in Best Picture hopefuls (that year, only Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan starred in Best Picture nominees.) This year, however, Hawke is competing against someone in a Best Picture hopeful. This, I believe, completely eradicates his chances of earning a nod.

Performances in BP nominees have on occasion been snubbed for performances without many or even any other nominations when the latter had more #1 passion votes. And John David isn’t Denzel.

金娜璉
    Participant
    Topics:

There has never been an instance in which Denzel Washington lost out on an Oscar nomination after nabbing nominations at the Golden Globes and at SAG. John David Washington has earned both nominations and also stars in a Best Picture hopeful.

Wow. i cannot believe you got John David Washington and Denzel Washington confused. they are two different people, you racist bigot. just because they are black does not mean they are the same person or look the same.

i bet you thought Regina King and Regina Hall were the same actress too.

金娜璉
    Participant
    Topics:

And John David isn’t Denzel.

this.

Elazul
    Participant
    Topics:

Erm I don’t think he actually confused them, he was making a comparison. Not to mention they are related…

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow. i cannot believe you got John David Washington and Denzel Washington confused. they are two different people, you racist bigot. just because they are black does not mean they are the same person or look the same.

This is hilarious. What a totally misguided attempt at self-righteous social justice. John David is Denzel’s son, so calm down.

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

I think he was referring to the fact the John David Washington was Denzel’s son…

金娜璉
    Participant
    Topics:

John David is Denzel’s son, so calm down.

wow. not all black people are related.

and i’m just kidding people!

JROCK1772
    Participant
    Topics:

Washington was fantastic and it is going to be pretty hard to omit him from the final line-up. As great as Hawke was, I don’t see him nabbing another nomination. Dafoe is even less of a threat at this point, along with Gosling, Hedges, Redford, and Eastwood.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

wow. not all black people are related. and i’m just kidding people!

I’m sure you are. Lol.

金娜璉
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sure you are. Lol.

i am honey. of course i know of the Washington’s genealogies.

金娜璉
    Participant
    Topics:

ok why is Best Actress at part 11 and Best Actor is still at part 3???

anyway, I think Best Actor is now more exciting than Best Actress this year.

because of Close’s overdue factor, and Colman’s sheer talent – they are the two to watch for Best Actress. Colman is likely to win BAFTA, while the overdue factor for Close can play heavily in favour as we have seen in the past with Gary Oldman and Julianne Moore. i think Gaga is over.

as for Best Actor, its a different story i think. Christian Bale is also one to watch in winning the Oscar however, Vice is as badly reviewed as Bohemian Rhapsody, AND does not have the box office to back it up (ATM). depending on how badly Vice’s run goes going forward Christian Bale may lose momentum in this race. secondly, Bohemian Rhapsody won the Drama Globe, and we are all still very doubtful of its chances of winning Oscar Best Picture. it could be a disconnect between Golden Globes and Oscars in this respect. so Rami Malek does not exactly have this in the bag yet. Bradley Cooper may still have a chance to steal frontrunner status. we’ll have to wait and see BAFTA nominations and whoever wins SAG. whoever wins SAG wins Oscar. as of now I do still think it’s Rami Malek but not counting Cooper completely out just yet.

O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s nothing interesting about this category.Malek is winning everything and then never appear close to an award season again.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.