Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 436 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
11 hours ago
( +20 hidden )
replies
views
users
O´Hara
ospencer
Dana S.
  • 金娜璉
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s nothing interesting about this category.Malek is winning everything and then never appear close to an award season again.

im still not counting out Cooper or Bale however Malek does seem to be the front runner now given Vice’s mediocre performance so far.

also I think Rami Malek is talented enough to entering awards season again in the future – he’s still only in his 30s.

ReplyCopy URL
    touchofmyfeet
    Participant
    Topics:

Cooper is winning

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

I never thought he was winning, but Cooper is done after tonight. Malek will probably sweep, Bale is a spoiler. I think Mortensen would win over Cooper.

ReplyCopy URL
    zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

I never thought he was winning, but Cooper is done after tonight. Malek will probably sweep, Bale is a spoiler. I think Mortensen would win over Cooper.

So do you think Cooper, who will likely be nominated for 4 Oscars- producing, writing, directing, acting- will go home empty-handed?

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

So do you think Cooper, who will likely be nominated for 4 Oscars- producing, writing, directing, acting- will go home empty-handed?

No guarantee he is nominated for them all.

ReplyCopy URL
    zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

What if Cooper wins the Critics Choice next weekend?

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

He won’t. They are sheep trying to predict oscar. 95% sure Malek is gonna win that.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, if the Globes were fine with sending him home empty handed then the Oscars definitely will be.

What if Cooper wins the Critics Choice next weekend?

I mean, he won’t, that’s between Bale and Malek. But even if he did, a sole Critics Choice win is not enough to win the Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

The FYC campaign for Malek and BR Tom kept shoving in our faces on here definitely worked lol (not really laughing but oh well).

ReplyCopy URL
    musicreloaded
    Participant
    Topics:

BALE VS MALEK

Im a huge fan of Dafoe´s work but he is not happening, I mean Van Gogh´s life screams OSCAR, but Freddie Mercury is a legend and Bale did that!

ReplyCopy URL
    Spark87
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m quite surprised of Malek surpassing Cooper at the awards race… taking into consideration how Malek’s performance was early recieved here by some posters (some of them even strongly denied that Malek could be even nominated when I put him on my prediction list).

Personally I found Cooper’s acting more natural and sincere. But I would be quite happy if Malek wins since his performance is brilliant in my book.

Now is not a runner up in my predictions but the front-runner with Cooper as a possible upset.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  Spark87.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher
    Participant
    Topics:

The worst performance is winning this… My goodness…

ReplyCopy URL
    M Bocioaca
    Participant
    Topics:

I still believe Cooper has this. I base this on the assumption that ASiB will win Picture.

Mark my words. Oscar voters will notice ASiB underperforming at the Globes and will try to make up for this. The Globe snubbing actually avoids the La La Land effect. Roma, The Favourite and Black Panther (less likely) are still the other viable candidates.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

Cannot wait for Rami Malek ‘I’m an actor’ intro at SAG awards. Hi, I’m Rami Malek. I’ve been in a movie directed by a child molester which all of you really loved. Oh, and btw I’m an actor. 😂

He just needs to keep NOT mentioning Singer’s name, hoping people would forget that fact.

Though Singer posted an image of himself on Instagram in the director’s chair working on a scene that recreates Queen’s celebrated I Want to Break Free music video, and wrote: “What an honor. Thank you #HollywoodForeignPress.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bryan-singer-posts-thank-you-instagram-bohemian-rhapsody-win-1174069

ReplyCopy URL
    Vicennn
    Participant
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.