Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 506 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +21 hidden )
replies
views
users
O´Hara
ospencer
kellis
  • Icecreamben
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I loved Blackkklansman, but Washington and Driver did absolutely nothing special in their parts.  They were perfectly serviceable.  A nomination for either would be head scratching for me.</p>

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll never forgive this category for being so boring when Joaquin Phoenix’s performance in You Were Never Really Here exists. I hope Hawke at least gets nominated, smh

Miguel Marrero
    Participant
    Topics:

So Hawke gets in because of Critics Choice nom. and critics prizes?

Washington scored Golden Globe, SAG nominations and a BP frontrunner.

Arias
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going with my gut and predicting Hawke gets in.

Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want to say Blackkklansman is my top 3 favorite film of 2018, but Washington totally doesn’t deserve a Oscars nom. Lol he is more like a supporting actor in the film. There’s literally no Oscars-worthy scene.

Okay, but he’s still gonna get in,right?

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Final predictions

Christian Bale

Rami Malek

Bradley Cooper

Ryan Gosling

Ethan Hawke

Anonymous
    Topics:

I just want to say Blackkklansman is my top 3 favorite film of 2018, but Washington totally doesn’t deserve a Oscars nom. Lol he is more like a supporting actor in the film. There’s literally no Oscars-worthy scene. Okay, but he’s still gonna get in,right?

The Oscar-worthy scene is when he tells David Duke over the phone and sadly telling him the fake childhood story in his “white voice.”

He was also objectively THE lead in regards to screen time and story focus.

Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

Ah: after reading over and the over the same comments by the same users saying the exact same thing every single time, which is that Willem Defoe gives a bad, mediocre performance in At Eternity’s Gate: well, after all of it the fact that he actually got nominated for his magnificent and unforgettable turn as Van Gogh has a particularly sweet taste. Congrats to a great actor who deservedly got recognized!

MultipleOscarWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

Ah: after reading over and the over the same comments by the same users saying the exact same thing every single time, which is that Willem Defoe gives a bad, mediocre performance in At Eternity’s Gate: well, after all of it the fact that he actually got nominated for his magnificent and unforgettable turn as Van Gogh has a particularly sweet taste. Congrats to a great actor who deservedly got recognized!

His performance in “The Florida Project” was my favorite from the acting categories last year. I haven’t watched “At Eternity’s Gate” yet but if there was passion among voters this year to get him nominated it must mean something, right?

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone else think that Cooper’s snub in Director could improve his chances in Best Actor? I’m probably going to go lock step with SAG, but if Bale/Malek win SAG and ASIB takes Ensemble, I think it’s more difficult to predict. If Cooper somehow wins SAG I’d say he’s good here.

O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it’a too late already.That narrative could have helped him but SAG are taking place in five days so most votes are in already.Sadly, he’s over.

Lexa
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone else think that Cooper’s snub in Director could improve his chances in Best Actor? I’m probably going to go lock step with SAG, but if Bale/Malek win SAG and ASIB takes Ensemble, I think it’s more difficult to predict. If Cooper somehow wins SAG I’d say he’s good here.

NO. Let him rest in peace.

BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

If they play their cards right, then yes, this can 100% help Cooper for Best Actor. But this campaign has failed tremendously in the past few weeks. Bale is vulnerable even if he’s the frontrunner, I’m not able to even think of Malek winning this, not at all. It might seem like Dafoe can win because he got this difficult nomination, but it won’t happen. And Mortensen is just gone. So yeah, they have a shot. Just take advantage of this.

They already lost Gaga her BA Oscar weeks ago, and now they lost Cooper his BD nomination and even their Editing nod. Not to mention how they screwed up the Globes.

Get to work people!

Anonymous
    Topics:

His performance in “The Florida Project” was my favorite from the acting categories last year. I haven’t watched “At Eternity’s Gate” yet but if there was passion among voters this year to get him nominated it must mean something, right?

It’s Tommy Lee Jones all over again.

Dan Jo
    Participant
    Topics:

I knew all along that Dafoe will get shortlisted and Washington will get snubbed. I’m happy with this year’s Best Actor nominees and here they are.

Best Actors of 2018.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor 2019 Oscar Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.