Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 341 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Harmon Van deth
marchingwizard
  • Nona fierce
    Participant
    Topics:

Stay pressed.

But Mr.Talented Bradley Cooper is gonna win the Oscar.  Actor or Director #SorryNotSorry🙊

He learned how to play the guitar. He learned how to play the piano. He learned to sing. Not just enough to be convincing onstage , enough to be a professional musician. He has demonstrated that he is far more versatile then the rules he’s been given have allowed him to be. 😘☕

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

Ethan Hawke is still gonna happen even if he got snubbed by HFPA.

ReplyCopy URL
    unbb24
    Participant
    Topics:

If Ethan Hawke gets a SAG nomination (which is still very likely), his Oscar nod will be more secured.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Hawke not being nominated today means for me that I am back to being on the fence with him. His film isn’t great, he is, but the film isn’t (in the case of Dafoe, though, neither the film nor the performance is great). Gosling is well liked and even though First Man has been sinking fast with the precursors I am not ruling him out. I finally put Hawke in after much thought but I am less certain now.

Has anybody seen Stan & Ollie? Can John C Reilly get a nomination beyond the GG’s?

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Reilly is pure filler and almost surely won’t show up elsewhere.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    dorseyhorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

Globes don’t change my predictions here. For Oscars I have Cooper, Bale, Hawke, Mortensen, and Dafoe.

Hawke missing GG is far from a disaster, as long as he makes SAG which I’m pretty confident he will. Malek/Borhap is typical Globes nonsense. I’m sure about the first four, I have Dafoe, Hedges, and Malek on the bubble in that order.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

^Rami Malek is getting nominated and deserves to be nominated for his superb performance. He deserves to WIN. I know the conventional wisdom says Bradley Cooper – we shall see.

Willem Dafoe’s performance is painful to watch, slow and boring. And I say this as a big fan of his; I was enormously disappointed by his movie and his performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    dorseyhorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

Having a hard time with the idea that a homophobic freddie mercury movie even happened in the first place, but that they let a child rapist direct it and people truly believe it should be anywhere near Best Actor is just wild. Wild.

re: Dafoe, the movie isn’t out where I am so I’m not that invested, but being the only awards attention for his film is his thing now I guess. I think people are just looking for a reason to award him, he just needs the right movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL @ Gosling not even getting a globe nod. I wonder if Washington has been underrated. SAG will be telling.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Having a hard time with the idea that a homophobic freddie mercury movie even happened in the first place, but that they let a child rapist direct it and people truly believe it should be anywhere near Best Actor is just wild. Wild.

I have seen Bohemian Rhapsody 3 times now and I don’t regard it as homophobic; it’s shy about delving into his sexuality, the movie chooses to focus more on his career, and from everything I have read it is accurate to say his love of his life was a woman. Times were different then; I believe he had internal homophobia, which meant that he valued more the “normalcy” of love for a woman than for a man. He did have a longer relationship the last 5 or so years of his life with Jim, which is touched on in the movie. The movie condensed and changed the time line for reasons of making the movie more dramatically satisfying. I am hoping there will be another movie, play or a musical that delves more into the later part of his life, after live aid. (He didn’t actaully get diagnosed with AIDS until after Live Aid). I believe they made the decisions they made for a more accessible movie, that would be seen by more people. My hope is that other movies or plays get produced that delve into other aspects of this fascinating legendary performer. While the movie is imperfect it is also one of my favorites from 2018 – for me it is one of the most emotionally satisfying movies I have seen this year, flaws and all.

Rami Malek’s performance is extraordinary. It has stayed with me more than any other performance I have seen in 2018.

ReplyCopy URL
    Spark87
    Participant
    Topics:

Before the GG noms:

1. Bradley Cooper – A Star is Born (predicted winner)
    2. Rami Malek – Bohemian Rhapsody
    3. Christian Bale – Vice
    4. Viggo Mortensen – Green Book
    5. Ryan Goslin – First Man

After the GG noms:

1. Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born (predicted winner)
    2. Christian Bale – Vice
    3. Rami Malek – Bohemian Rhapsody
    4. Viggo Mortensen – Green Book
    5. Willem Dafoe – At Eternity’s Gate

I like the last line-up way more.

ReplyCopy URL
    DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw Green Book and I much preferred Viggo’s performance over Bradley Cooper’s in ASIB. But I’m sure his comment at that Q&A hurt any chance he had at the Oscar. Also I don’t see how Mahershala isn’t considered co-lead…

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw Boy Erased last night and Lucas Hedges Killed it

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Harmon Van deth
    Participant
    Topics:
    • Mortensen
    • Malek
    • Bale
    • Cooper
    • Dafoe
    ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher
    Participant
    Topics:

It would be a disaster if Robert Redford, Willem Dafoe or Ryan Gosling get snubbed and that ATROCIOUS cartoonish Freddie Mercury impression gets in. I mean, that film was bad as hell and Malek was Razzie-worthy. Rami Malek and Hysterical Collette are my choices for Worst Acting of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 341 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.