Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

Best Actor 2019 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 362 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Harmon Van deth
marchingwizard
  • Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

http://www.awardsdaily.com/2018/11/17/christian-bale-delivers-finest-performance-to-date-as-dick-cheney-in-adam-mckays-vice/ https://variety.com/2018/film/in-contention/oscars-christian-bale-leaps-into-the-lead-actor-race-with-adam-mckays-sobering-vice-1203031566/ This is looking very good for Bale and not so good for Cooper. If he fails to win BA is in a very bad position and in the path of leaving the Oscars empty handed.

I doubt they will give Oscar for BA for playing real-life historical person two years in a row.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Bale is winning. Cooper might win for the next Oscar bait he’s directing, “Bernstein”.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt they will give Oscar for BA for playing real-life historical person two years in a row.

Lincoln, Dallas Buyers Club, The Theory of Everything, The Revenant. One after the other.

You can go back a little bit: Ray Charles, Truman Capote, Idi Amin. Same thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I also got that feeling for a while. But the reviews that are coming out are very strong for Bale. Almost every review I’ve seen so far as mentioned him as the next Oscar winner for BA.

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

I don´t care how many raves Bale gets.This oscar is Bradley´s.

ReplyCopy URL
    FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh, finally something interesting happening. I’m all for Bale taking down Cooper, although I really wish it were Hawke doing the derailing. Apologies, but mimicking one of your fellow actor’s voices to sound as if you are his brother should not win you an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

Lincoln, Dallas Buyers Club, The Theory of Everything, The Revenant. One after the other. You can go back a little bit: Ray Charles, Truman Capote, Idi Amin. Same thing.

But in this case we have two real life political figures, not just real life historical figures – both Churchill and Cheney were politicians. In both case actors applied makeup and prosthetics ( Bale also gained weight). Bale even consulted with Oldman about makeup. I mean that’s too close.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

But in this case we have two real life political figures, not just real life historical figures – both Churchill and Cheney were politicians. In both case actors applied makeup and prosthetics ( Bale also gained weight). Bale even consulted with Oldman about makeup. I mean that’s too close.

But the academy adores this type of performance. I’m on team Cooper (unless Bale really blows me away), but Bale is a real threat here. Cooper may suffer from being eligible in several categories, while Bale “just” has Actor.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:
    1. Bradley Cooper
    2. Christian Bale
    3. Willem Dafoe
    4. Viggo Mortensen
    5. Rami Malek
    ReplyCopy URL
    Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

Bale wins BAFTA, GG, CC

Cooper wins SAG, GG and Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Harmon Van deth
    Participant
    Topics:

Just spoke with someone who was at the SAG screening of Mary Poppins Returns yesterday and believe Lin Manuel Miranda is in a good place for a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Just spoke with someone who was at the SAG screening of Mary Poppins Returns yesterday and believe Lin Manuel Miranda is in a good place for a nomination.

Lead or supporting? I do think he can get a GG nomination (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Harmon Van deth
    Participant
    Topics:

Lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I am feeling pretty confident of my predictions in this category (way more so than the too crowded Best Actress category!):

Christian Bale, Vice
    Bradley Cooper, A Star Is Born
    Willem Dafoe, At Eternity’s Gate
    Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody
    Viggo Mortensen, Green Book

I do wish Lucas Hedges would get nominated; I am worried about Clint Eastwood, but am hoping that it doesn’t happen. Ryan Gosling still has a shot at it but I am increasingly thinking that First Man is only going to do well in the technical categories of sound and design. The male acting categories are feeling easier to predict than the female acting categories this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see how Dafoe is likelier than Gosling considering First Man is a more relevant picture this year and less art-housy.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 362 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.