Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 488 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Hammad Asif
Babygirl
  • cracker of whips, bringer of jocks
    Participant
    Topics:

Adam, like Scarlet, was brilliant in Marriage Story. Would be a very deserved win, indeed. Probably my favourite performance by a male actor this year.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

okay, what the fukc is going on here?

Jessica Only Child Illinois Chicago
    Participant
    Topics:

Joaquin Phoenix is dead in the water. He should not have been in the conversation in the first place. A mentally challenged person ‘playing’ someone who is mentally challenged? Is it acting? This isn’t reality TV honey.

Adam Driver will be nominated because he’s the nubile new hottie on the scene for the vampiric Hollywood elite. Does he deserve to win? It’s in the stars. But did you know about who was sacrificed so Adam could have his come up? Do you ever ask yourself, whatever happened to Josh Hartnett? Hmmm.

Adam Sandler should be nominated and should win. He copped a lot of slack but the intelligence in his films since I’d say ‘Click’ has been growing. Terrific comic actor who is a competent allrounder and will likely have an enduring legacy like other comics before him like Dave Chappelle and Charlie Chaplin.

Antonio Banderes is for sure being nominated, when you’re bad your entire career and put in one okay performance the whole world is in awe. He should not win, and won’t.

Robert DeNiro. Will and should be nominated and should win if Sandler doesn’t somehow. The way he forced his body to move like someone 40 years younger, a physical sacrifice and pure willpower. He deserves rewarding.

Robert Pattinson will be nominated, like his Twilight co-star Kristine Stewart for Seberg, if only to prop up The Lighthouse as a true Best Picture contender.

Leonardo Dicaprio should be nominated but he won’t be. New Hollywood wants new blood, and Dicaprio will be the sacrificial lamb like Tom Hanks was 15 years ago. I don’t know what Meryl is doing that keeps her a mainstay in the nominations because she hasn’t been good since August Osage County.

Jonathan Price is not nominated. I’ve heard rumblings that the catholic higher powers at be will sink The Two Popes in a day or two within release.

Eddie Murphy is also out.

SANDLER

Pattinson

Driver

Banderes

Deniro

Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

Joaquin Phoenix is dead in the water. He should not have been in the conversation in the first place. A mentally challenged person ‘playing’ someone who is mentally challenged? Is it acting? This isn’t reality TV honey.

I mean I hate Joker too but this is so uncalled for.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

He copped a lot of slack but the intelligence in his films since I’d say ‘Click’ has been growing.

Would you care to explain Jack and Jill then?

MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

Adam Driver will be nominated because he’s the nubile new hottie on the scene for the vampiric Hollywood elite. Does he deserve to win? It’s in the stars. But did you know about who was sacrificed so Adam could have his come up? Do you ever ask yourself, whatever happened to Josh Hartnett? Hmmm.

Adam Sandler should be nominated and should win. He copped a lot of slack but the intelligence in his films since I’d say ‘Click’ has been growing. Terrific comic actor who is a competent allrounder and will likely have an enduring legacy like other comics before him like Dave Chappelle and Charlie Chaplin.

Antonio Banderes is for sure being nominated, when you’re bad your entire career and put in one okay performance the whole world is in awe. He should not win, and won’t.

Robert DeNiro. Will and should be nominated and should win if Sandler doesn’t somehow. The way he forced his body to move like someone 40 years younger, a physical sacrifice and pure willpower. He deserves rewarding.

Robert Pattinson will be nominated, like his Twilight co-star Kristine Stewart for Seberg, if only to prop up The Lighthouse as a true Best Picture contender.

Leonardo Dicaprio should be nominated but he won’t be. New Hollywood wants new blood, and Dicaprio will be the sacrificial lamb like Tom Hanks was 15 years ago. I don’t know what Meryl is doing that keeps her a mainstay in the nominations because she hasn’t been good since August Osage County.

Jonathan Price is not nominated. I’ve heard rumblings that the catholic higher powers at be will sink The Two Popes in a day or two within release.

Eddie Murphy is also out.

SANDLER

Pattinson

Driver

Banderes

Deniro

Your post is poison, but your username is brilliant

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

I see y’all, Joaquin’s stans as over the top fanboy culture, while Adam’s stans as over the top gay culture. Both of y’all stans are truly disgusting as fukc! As someone who have seen both Marriage Story and Joker, why not appreciate both performances and not trashing one another to make you feel better? And it’s the HFPA, not random GoldDerby users’ job to dictate who the Academy is going to recognize most so get off your bubbles ffs!!!

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Driver is taking this.  His performance is going to resonate more with voters and many are going to recognize that what Driver does is significantly more difficult.  Playing crazy is easy because you can make bizarre choices and you don’t have to explain or justify them.  Phoenix is very good (maybe even great), but other actors are doing far more impressive work this year.  Phoenix probably lands at the bottom of my personal top 5.  A lot of Oscar voters, especially actors are going to recognize that what Driver does is harder and more impressive.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone who is against Joaquin Phoenix winning his Oscar obviously do not like good things.

I mean let’s face it….was he good? Yessssss.

Was he great? Absolutely.

It’s easily the performance of the year and there’s a reason the film hit a billion Dollars. Go Phoenix

Joker Deserves Everything.

Joaquin Phoenix is the Man

Cynthia Erivo should win best actress

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Joaquin Phoenix is dead in the water. He should not have been in the conversation in the first place. A mentally challenged person ‘playing’ someone who is mentally challenged? Is it acting? This isn’t reality TV honey. Adam Driver will be nominated because he’s the nubile new hottie on the scene for the vampiric Hollywood elite. Does he deserve to win? It’s in the stars. But did you know about who was sacrificed so Adam could have his come up? Do you ever ask yourself, whatever happened to Josh Hartnett? Hmmm. Adam Sandler should be nominated and should win. He copped a lot of slack but the intelligence in his films since I’d say ‘Click’ has been growing. Terrific comic actor who is a competent allrounder and will likely have an enduring legacy like other comics before him like Dave Chappelle and Charlie Chaplin. Antonio Banderes is for sure being nominated, when you’re bad your entire career and put in one okay performance the whole world is in awe. He should not win, and won’t. Robert DeNiro. Will and should be nominated and should win if Sandler doesn’t somehow. The way he forced his body to move like someone 40 years younger, a physical sacrifice and pure willpower. He deserves rewarding. Robert Pattinson will be nominated, like his Twilight co-star Kristine Stewart for Seberg, if only to prop up The Lighthouse as a true Best Picture contender. Leonardo Dicaprio should be nominated but he won’t be. New Hollywood wants new blood, and Dicaprio will be the sacrificial lamb like Tom Hanks was 15 years ago. I don’t know what Meryl is doing that keeps her a mainstay in the nominations because she hasn’t been good since August Osage County. Jonathan Price is not nominated. I’ve heard rumblings that the catholic higher powers at be will sink The Two Popes in a day or two within release. Eddie Murphy is also out. SANDLER Pattinson Driver Banderes Deniro

what a mess and waste of space

Joker Deserves Everything.

Joaquin Phoenix is the Man

Cynthia Erivo should win best actress

Philip
    Participant
    Topics:

So many new members that are just here to run Phoenix’s Oscar campaign.

Driver is taking this. His performance is going to resonate more with voters and many are going to recognize that what Driver does is significantly more difficult. Playing crazy is easy because you can make bizarre choices and you don’t have to explain or justify them. Phoenix is very good (maybe even great), but other actors are doing far more impressive work this year. Phoenix probably lands at the bottom of my personal top 5. A lot of Oscar voters, especially actors are going to recognize that what Driver does is harder and more impressive.

I think Driver was really good, but I completely disagree with you that playing “crazy” is easy. In a lesser actor, the performance in Joker could have been extremely one note and false. Phoenix took his talent and skills and made it look easy.

Btw, not saying that Adam wasnt good, but let’s not pretend that he rewrote the book on acting. Actors having been playing divorced dads for decades. It’s not an original story at all.

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

Go fuck yourself. There is criticising a performance, and then there’s bigoted vitriol. This is the latter.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Parasite

LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

That callback to Josh Hartnett… hahahhaa… I miss him

I just love movies. And awards.

Bethanie
    Participant
    Topics:

Excuse me? How fucking disrespectful. Joaquin is in no way mentally challenged. Driver fans are really proving how vile they can be.

Bethanie
    Participant
    Topics:

Phoenix gave the better performance. New users are here to reinforce this. All I see on these forums are angry Driver fans.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.