Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 488 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Hammad Asif
Babygirl
  • Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

The lies in that post, I cannot. Geez, when the fuck did GD become such a cesspool?

Profile picture
    Film expert
    Topics:

With every critic award Driver loses the blood pressure of his stans rises, I’m worried they might explode if he doesn’t win LA today.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

More dupes lmao

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Will you stop this please! This is inadmissible!

He isn’t going to stop. He LIES as well.
    It’s everyone else’s problem. Not his.
    Report his posts as spam. And forward any private messages he may send calling you a cunt.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

I like when the critic awards are all over the place and we not seeing the same person winning every award for a particular category.

Why? Because each acting category has more than one award worthy performance.

Example:
    Best Actor: Driver and Phoenix – loved both performances.
    Best Actress: Zellweger and Johansson and Awkwafina – Renee’s Judy has been my favorite until I watched the other two performances. And I think it still is, but the other ladies were also excellent.
    I’m watching “US” in the next few day as I noticed it was on Amazon Prime. We’ll see what Lupita Nyong’o brings to the Oscar race.

My letter to the Academy – honor best performances, not specifically Actor, Actress and Supporting performances. I know, I know. It’s never going to happen.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I swear, I could create an account today with no profile picture (as has been done multiple times) and simply say “Driver doesn’t have challenging material” or the same thing that’s been recycled on this thread for days now and all the sycophants would come to like my comment.

I don’t agree that Driver’s material isn’t challenging, but you can’t honestly argue that Phoenix’s material wasn’t more challenging. Just the laugh alone took more skill than anything Driver did. Not only that, but Phoenix improvised so many scenes that he desrves a script credit.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I like when the critic awards are all over the place and we not seeing the same person winning every award for a particular category.

Why? Because each acting category has more than one award worthy performance.

Example:
    Best Actor: Driver and Phoenix – loved both performances.
    Best Actress: Zellweger and Johansson and Awkwafina – Renee’s Judy has been my favorite until I watched the other two performances. And I think it still is, but the other ladies were also excellent.
    I’m watching “US” in the next few day as I noticed it was on Amazon Prime. We’ll see what Lupita Nyong’o brings to the Oscar race.

My letter to the Academy – honor best performances, not specifically Actor, Actress and Supporting performances. I know, I know. It’s never going to happen.

Lupita shows that her Oscar win was no fluke. She can also do this to the horror/genre bias
    https://images.app.goo.gl/RJW39yh5YR7pApEw9

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

Can you imagine what hell would be unleashed if for example 8/10 actors awarded in this scenerio would be a men?

It’s very good thing that there a seperate awards for actors and actresses, it would be insufferbale otherwise.

I actually agree with you – Hell would definitely be unleashed. I was part joking and part serious. I just feel every year Oscar worthy performances go Oscarless because of the category restrictions. I wish the academy would revisit how ties are awarded. Instead of having to have the exact number of votes, maybe if second place came within 10 or 15 votes than it would be considered a tie. Just my early Sunday morning thoughts.

Profile picture
    Mukund
    Topics:

Just the laugh alone took more skill than anything Driver did

Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

I would consider this with supporting category, it’s basically every year full of category frauds and people who are clearly co-Leads.

Does the Academy leave it up to the Acting Branch to decide if a performance is lead or supporting? Or does the Academy have guidelines on what is considered Lead or Supporting (which I think they should). Anyone know? I internet researched it but didn’t come up with anything.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Joaquin won NYFCO deary and beside that he doesn’t need critics awards to win an Oscar. And yes, his performance was undeniable, only sad haters like you think otherwise.

I loved Joaquin’s performance, but I don’t consider it undeniable. He’d be a worthy winner, but Taron Egerton is probably still my vote for Best Actor, and I wouldn’t mind seeing Robert De Niro take it either. I also haven’t seen Adam Driver, Antonio Banderas, or Jonathon Pryce yet, so it’s very possible one of them will get my vote, as I hear stellar things about all three.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by thatnerdgreg.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by thatnerdgreg.
    Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Just the laugh alone took more skill than anything Driver did.

You are joking right?

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

You are joking right?

Uh, no I’m not. Phoenix not only had to meticulously research this real-life phenomenon in order to perfectly replicate it, but he then had to act out a laugh, then act out tears and crying, then choke on those tears while continuing to laugh, all while still acting. The most challenging thing Driver did aside from yell was sing Sondheim.

Academy-Award winners:

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Uh, no I’m not. Phoenix not only had to meticulously research this real-life phenomenon in order to perfectly replicate it, but he then had to act out a laugh, then act out tears and crying, then choke on those tears while continuing to laugh, all while still acting. The most challenging thing Driver did aside from yell was sing Sondheim.

With a small difference…Driver was believable and Phoenix was a JOKE.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

With a small difference…Driver was believable and Phoenix was a JOKE.

Ok, fine. That’s your opinion and I won’t argue with it. In my opinion Driver was great but Phoenix was better.

Academy-Award winners:

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.