Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 488 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Hammad Asif
Babygirl
  • Angela Lewis
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I in the Best Actor thread?

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Everybody keeps bringing Viola Davis, my girl didn’t go to the Oscars with a GG, so she wasn’t that strong.

Everbody keeps bringing “what if Colman lost the BAFTA” – SHE WAS NEVER LOSING THE BAFTA! What about her going to the Oscars with 0 GG lol! with her BAFTA only and all the critics awards she has won, Glenn Close would have beaten her.

Kidman and Cotillard are the only legitimate cases as they won over contenders with GG + SAG. Even that, Julie Christie was a previous winner and tho Cotillard was undeniable, had Christie won BAFTA, she would have beaten Cotillard. Kidman has goodwill since she just got dumped by Cruise and lost one year ago for her acclaimed turn in Moulin Rouge.

Stop putting BAFTA up because SAG is more relevant!

You contradicted yourself. Notice that?

BAFTA has 8000 members and counting.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

arabian
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I in the Best Actor thread?

My thoughts exactly. *sigh* I guess it’s my fault. I made the mistake of bringing up Close not winning the Oscar despite winning the GG when the definitive claims by Phoenix stans that his GG win (because apparently he’s already won*) will mean he WILL win the Oscar and it turned into… this.

*I know, I know, Hammid, whom I quoted, did not say this, but others are.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

My thoughts exactly. *sigh* I guess it’s my fault. I made the mistake of bringing up Close not winning the Oscar despite winning the GG when the definitive claims by Phoenix stans that his GG win (because apparently he’s already won*) will mean he WILL win the Oscar and it turned into… this.

*I know, I know, Hammid, whom I quoted, did not say this, but others are.

How is it your “fault”? Are you suge?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t like when fellow Phoenix fans say that he is a lock to win anymore than I like when fellow Driver fans claim that about him. Let’s wait and see who wins the GG and especially SAG.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t like when fellow Phoenix fans say that he is a lock to win anymore than I like when fellow Driver fans claim that about him. Let’s wait and see who wins the GG and especially SAG.

arabian
    Participant
    Topics:

How is it your “fault”? Are you suge?

I was being sarcastic. I was the one who brought up Close, haha, so I started the ball rolling.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Y’all are that bored huh

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Joaquin Phoenix’s performance in Joker was mind-blowing and visceral. The performance is the best this year and should be showered with all the awards available. It may also one of the best performances in film this century. Joker has many detractors on this site. I feel pity for those people. Joker is one of the most groundbreaking superhero films of all time. Its exploration of important themes such as mental health is unique within its genre. Not only is the film a richly thrilling viewing experience, it is also a deeply compelling character study.

Oh, not another…Give me a break

oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

Joaquin Phoenix’s performance in Joker was mind-blowing and visceral. The performance is the best this year and should be showered with all the awards available. It may also one of the best performances in film this century. Joker has many detractors on this site. I feel pity for those people. Joker is one of the most groundbreaking superhero films of all time. Its exploration of important themes such as mental health is unique within its genre. Not only is the film a richly thrilling viewing experience, it is also a deeply compelling character study.

This! I so agree with you. Phoenix deserves to win the Oscar!

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly De Niro shouldn’t even attend the SAG ceremony nor accept the prize. It’s embarrassing as hell at this point! Just to show how a sexual harrassment accusation in Hollywood can hurt you even in the slightest!

deaetee
    Participant
    Topics:

De Niro is out, Egerton is in!!!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  deaetee.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  deaetee.
    NevadaR
    Participant
    Topics:

What I think BAFTA will look like for Best Actor

Adam Driver

Joaquin Phoenix

Leonardo DiCaprio

Jonathan Pryce

Christian Bale/Taron Egerton

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

What to do with DeNiro….

From locked to snubbed real quick

LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

Tempted to put Egerton back in my predictions because I feel like he will get in for BAFTA (and I love his performance). Almost a whole month before we get more noms elsewhere so I’ll just let that simmer for now.

I just love movies. And awards.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.