Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 488 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Hammad Asif
Babygirl
  • Spark87
    Participant
    Topics:

If Joaquin Phoenix wins the Oscar… is the Joker the second character in history after Vito Corleone to win two times with different portrayals?, or are more?

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s also weird is that if Bale does get nominated for the BAFTA we call it “Le Mans ‘66” not “Ford v Ferrari”. This inconsistency doesn’t sit well with me. The film has also not been a big money maker in Britain.

It’s actually better title and also film has very less Ferrari.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Gee thanks for telling us we have bad taste. And I think both Adam and Scarlet were great

LOL, yeah, that’s exactly what I wrote.
    NOT.

Libby
    Participant
    Topics:

Gene Hackman. There’s a sequel to The French Connection.

Barbra Streisand made Funny Lady.

Was Bells of St Mary’s a sequel to Going my Way or not? Bing Crosby won Actor for Going my Way then got nominated again for Bells.

Thank you so much! I thought I probably missed a couple. I initially thought the fact there is going to be a Joker sequel might hurt Joaquin but I think there’s enough instances of wins for actors who then appear in sequels for it not to really effect him.

tom92
    Participant
    Topics:

Driver
    Phoenix
    DiCaprio
    Pryce
    Egerton

Banderas will probably drop out for me but I’m not sure about Pryce yet.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s actually better title and also film has very less Ferrari.

Both titles are pretty shitty but I agree Ford v. Ferrari is a rather misleading title for the real subject of the film. But Le Mans 66 is like calling a movie about when England won the World Cup FIFA 66 – it sounds like a title for a video game.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

As am I. It’s a mess

Speaking as a fellow Brit, I always think regional UK accents seem trickier than American ones, no matter where you’re from. He tried, and it wasn’t all bad, though I actually didn’t think about Ken Miles being Brummie until reading about it afterwards, and I’m originally from near there! Maybe I was just being thick.

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

Good lord, if Bale gets in for his only OK performance over Banderas… well I won’t be surprised, but I will be disappointed in the Academy continuing to reward mediocre American movies over masterpiece overseas movies.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Parasite

cinetastic
    Participant
    Topics:

If Joaquin Phoenix wins the Oscar… is the Joker the second character in history after Vito Corleone to win two times with different portrayals?, or are more?

If he wins it, it will be the second.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Paul Walter Hauser is amazing as Richard Jewell. he plays the child-man to absolute perfection. Terrific chemistry with both Sam Rockwell and Kathy Bates – who are also both superb. Favorite scene: when his lawyer asks him if he is angry about his mistreatment and he finally shows some anger rather than deference. It’s also a very funny performance, as he is asked not to speak and can’t help himself, always deferring and trying to be helpful!

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Are we all underestimating Egerton or naw? Personally, I didn’t care for Rocketman or Taron. I didn’t think they were bad… just whatever. He was able to score both Globe and SAG noms, yet most of us don’t think he’ll be nominated. Will his nomination be a shocking surprise?

Personally I’d rather see the likes of Christian Bale, Eddie Murphy, Antonio Banderas, Robert De Niro, Adam Sandler, George MacKay and Robert Pattinson nominated before him. Maybe that’s why most aren’t predicting Taron… bc there are cooler/more interesting options/performances??

tom92
    Participant
    Topics:

Are we all underestimating Egerton or naw? Personally, I didn’t care for Rocketman or Taron. I didn’t think they were bad… just whatever. He was able to score both Globe and SAG noms, yet most of us don’t think he’ll be nominated. Will his nomination be a shocking surprise?

Personally I’d rather see the likes of Christian Bale, Eddie Murphy, Antonio Banderas, Robert De Niro, Adam Sandler, George MacKay and Robert Pattinson nominated before him. Maybe that’s why most aren’t predicting Taron… bc there are cooler/more interesting options/performances??

Egerton has an ego and that’s always been my issue with him, but he’s getting nominated this year.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Taron Egerton is great in Rocketman and deserves to be a nominee for sure but his movie isn’t going to get a Picture,Screenplay nomination which I think hurts his chances alot.

He is winning Best Actor Comedy-Musical at Globes but I wonder if he’s the one to get one of two remaining spots considering we have 3 locks.

tom92
    Participant
    Topics:

Taron Egerton is great in Rocketman and deserves to be a nominee for sure but his movie isn’t going to get a Picture,Screenplay nomination which I think hurts his chances alot.

He is winning Best Actor Comedy-Musical at Globes but I wonder if he’s the one to get one of two remaining spots considering we have 3 locks.

What made Bohemian Rhapsody so special then?

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

What made Bohemian Rhapsody so special then?

Freddie Fucking Mercury

Absolutely perfect release date

Unexpected gigantic box office

Universal love from general audiences

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.