Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 488 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Hammad Asif
Babygirl
  • tom92
    Participant
    Topics:

Freddie Fucking Mercury

Absolutely perfect release date

Unexpected gigantic box office

Universal love from general audiences

Rocket man is the better film though. BR was a terrible film and got 4 wins (?). I think Rocketman will get a few nominations. Definitely not BP though.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Rocket man is the better film though. BR was a terrible film and got 4 wins (?). I think Rocketman will get a few nominations. Definitely not BP though.

Bohemian Rhapsody was a terrible film but it had some advantages Rocketman doesn’t have.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

tom92
    Participant
    Topics:

Bohemian Rhapsody was a terrible film but it had some advantages Rocketman doesn’t have.

Definitely. I still don’t understand Rocketmans release date.

LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

Are we all underestimating Egerton or naw? Personally, I didn’t care for Rocketman or Taron. I didn’t think they were bad… just whatever. He was able to score both Globe and SAG noms, yet most of us don’t think he’ll be nominated. Will his nomination be a shocking surprise?

I asked this question around September or something, hoping that he makes it. But the lead actor oscar always skew old, and there’s a bunch of good performances by old men this year. So…

I just love movies. And awards.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    tom92
    Participant
    Topics:

1 billion in box office + Best Picture nom + Globe wins which sealed it all

Curious to know when it reached 1 billion at the box office?

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Are we all underestimating Egerton or naw? Personally, I didn’t care for Rocketman or Taron. I didn’t think they were bad… just whatever. He was able to score both Globe and SAG noms, yet most of us don’t think he’ll be nominated. Will his nomination be a shocking surprise?

Personally I’d rather see the likes of Christian Bale, Eddie Murphy, Antonio Banderas, Robert De Niro, Adam Sandler, George MacKay and Robert Pattinson nominated before him. Maybe that’s why most aren’t predicting Taron… bc there are cooler/more interesting options/performances??

Nah. Getting SAG nom was great get but not outside the realm of possibilities. I think he is above Murphy but that still puts him in 6-7. It would be interesting if he did get BAFTA over Pryce or Bale considering how low brow Rocketman is and how high brow BAFTA is. I wouldnt predict him regardless since I think Academy isnt going to snub DeNiro when he is in a top 3 film.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Nah. Getting SAG nom was great get but not outside the realm of possibilities. I think he is above Murphy but that still puts him in 6-7. It would be interesting if he did get BAFTA over Pryce or Bale considering how low brow Rocketman is and how high brow BAFTA is. I wouldnt predict him regardless since I think Academy isnt going to snub DeNiro when he is in a top 3 film.

I have him marginally below Eddie. BAFTA maybe. An Oscar nod? Just don’t think so.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Spark87
    Participant
    Topics:

<quote> Curious to know when it reached 1 billion at the box office? </quote>

Joker has been for weeks above the 1 billion mark. As for today, it’s with $1,057,405,374 Box Office

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

<quote> Curious to know when it reached 1 billion at the box office? </quote> Joker has been for weeks above the 1 billion mark. As for today, it’s with $1,057,405,374 Box Office

They’re talking about Bohemian Rhapsody….

fvg627
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m very curious why everyone seems to have decided that Egerton is winning the globe, when Leo is sitting right there, has been nominated everywhere else, and had a film with way more nominations. Spreading the wealth is not something the globes have been known to do in this category (see la la land) and there’s no reason to assume that the globes would love Egerton’s performance more.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m very curious why everyone seems to have decided that Egerton is winning the globe, when Leo is sitting right there, has been nominated everywhere else, and had a film with way more nominations. Spreading the wealth is not something the globes have been known to do in this category (see la la land) and there’s no reason to assume that the globes would love Egerton’s performance more.

DiCaprio winning Globe will mean 3rd in row Golden Globe for him after Wall Street and Revenant.

I don’t think they’ll be keen to award him that.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with Hammad although it sucks because I think DiCaprio was freaken HILARIOUS in ouatih… much more than in wolf street (that physical comedy making his way to the car tho…)

I just love movies. And awards.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Jonathan Pryce is AMAZING and stunning in The Two Popes! (: Truly a great magnificent performance! I didn’t really know what to expect from it and I was blown away by every aspect of it – superb direction, writing, production, design, music, and 3 superb performances (Pryce, Hopkins and Juan Mijunin who plays the younger version). This is truly a dazzling performance – so glad he’s a GG nominee and I am now hoping for an Oscar nomination for him!

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.