Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 488 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Hammad Asif
Babygirl
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I have to say that I respect Phoenix for not campaigning. The performance should speak for itself.

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

NYFCC is far less reliable at predicting Actor nominees at the Oscar’s than NBR is (6/10 vs 8/10). So call me crazy but I actually think Sandler has a higher chance at a nomination than Banderas does now. And with Pryce and The Two Popes flopping at the box office and critic awards, he may be our 5th nominee, unless Murphy beats Leo and wins the Comedy Globe.

For Your Consideration

Best Picture: Parasite
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho,
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Actress: Scarlett Johansson
    Supporting Actor: Al Pacino
    Supporting Actress: Laura Dern
    Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit
    Original Screenplay: Parasite

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

NYFCC is far less reliable at predicting Actor nominees at the Oscar’s than NBR is (6/10 vs 8/10). So call me crazy but I actually think Sandler has a higher chance at a nomination than Banderas does now. And with Pryce and The Two Popes flopping at the box office and critic awards, he may be our 5th nominee, unless Murphy beats Leo and wins the Comedy Globe.

Lol. The industry is not taking Sandler seriously unless he gets in at SAG and Bafta

LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

Man, I’m starting to become one of those massive haters who’ll start hate threads, and I am trying not to.

Adam Sandler should not happen. Please no. Please. I’ll take anyone else.

I just love movies. And awards.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

So it isn’t Driver vs Phoenix as it was thought to be. Honestly,this various winners stuff is entertaining. Total Bloodbath this category is,this year.

All I see is a repeating of last year when precursors downright ignored these critics awards to make their own same choice. Someone will likely sweep CC, SAG, BAFTA (or two of them) and then Oscar after winning GG regardless.

oscarin7
    Participant
    Topics:

If Sanders gets in over Murphy or Banderas.. now that would be a disgrace.

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

Having finally seen the Irishman last night, I’m shocked people have been so cool on De Niro and his chances this year. I’ve seen some that even think he can miss. The entire last act that people love works because of De Niro’a performance. I’d wager he’s a lock for the nomination, and he’s not completely out of the conversation for the win.

Top 3 Films of the Year: Parasite, The Farewell, OUATIH

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

^Oscar 3.0 is very unlikely, but he’s a lock for a nod, I agree.

Yea I think a combination of factors would have to come into play for him to actually win. The Irishman would have to be a massive sweeper AND Joker and Marriage Story would have to cool off (which I think will happen for at least one of them).

Either way, I don’t think the Irishman will be a massive sweeper. It’s becoming clearer to me that The Irishman is the annual critics pick and the populist pick has yet to be determined. I still think Parasite hits the sweet spot of respect from both crowds. But I also recognize I’m deep into stanning territory for it at this point.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Having finally seen the Irishman last night, I’m shocked people have been so cool on De Niro and his chances this year. I’ve seen some that even think he can miss. The entire last act that people love works because of De Niro’a performance. I’d wager he’s a lock for the nomination, and he’s not completely out of the conversation for the win

You are absolutely right though why you are so repellent to the idea Oscar #3 for actors.

I mean there are people who have won 3 before or even more.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

kanil032
    Participant
    Topics:

You are absolutely right though why you are so repellent to the idea Oscar #3 for actors. I mean there are people who have won 3 before or even more.

But no one tops ADAM DRIVER’S performance in Marriage story this year..

Driver will sweep BAFTA,  GG,  SAG, OSCARS…..

FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

I guarantee those trashing Sandler have yet to actually see Uncut Gems. Are you all really that convinced that Sandler has never given a good performance?

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

You are absolutely right though why you are so repellent to the idea Oscar #3 for actors.

I mean there are people who have won 3 before or even more.

Hammad, I think you accidentally misquoted Stegeo for something I said. If you’re directing your comment towards me, I think De Niro’s competition is more of a challenge than the idea of Oscar #3. I don’t want to speak for Stegeo here, but I assume it is because giving someone like Driver or Phoenix an Oscar is more pressing than giving not even a second but a third to De Niro.

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

I have to say that I respect Phoenix for not campaigning. The performance should speak for itself.

but it doesn’t

Banned for making a fake movie poster

Dr. Manhattan
    Participant
    Topics:

As we all know, Jack Nicholson and Daniel Day-Lewis are the only male actors to have won 3 Oscars. Both are legends and are two of the finest actors to have ever graced the silver screen.

If another male actor is to join Nicholson and Day-Lewis in being three-time Oscar winners, I don’t think there is anyone worthier than Robert De Niro, who is every bit as legendary and brilliant as the two aforementioned men. With The Irishman, we’re seeing De Niro delivering some of his most compelling work in a long fucking time. He also hasn’t won an Oscar since 1981. That’s nearly 40 years.

Like a lot of you, I’m predicting Phoenix to win this, but I’m holding out some faith that De Niro is able to gain momentum and win a third Oscar. Could someone please play devil’s advocate and tell me why De Niro can’t/won’t win?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.