Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 488 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
teri
Hammad Asif
Babygirl
  • Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Just rewatched Marriage Story and I just want to remind y’all that Adam Driver gave an extraordinary performance and that he’s coming for the gold.

kanil032
    Participant
    Topics:

Just rewatched Marriage Story and I just want to remind y’all that Adam Driver gave an extraordinary performance and that he’s coming for the gold.

Yesss,….  Adam Driver is lock for OSCARS..   there is no competition here…

Keth
    Participant
    Topics:

I just watched “Marriage Story”. Driver definitely gives one of the best performances of the year. What an opportunity for an actor to play a character so well written by Noah Baumbach. I loved this script. The writer really captured two very flawed people going through such a difficult process. I went back and forth from liking and disliking both based on how effectively human they were written. Well done, Noah!

I’ve now seen two terrific, and very different, performances that are both award worthy. Joaquin Phoenix is equally as good as “The Joker”. If I was an award voter, I would have a really hard time picking between the two actors. Two great performances by two actors portraying two different characters so beautifully.

And there is also Antonio Banderas getting raves in “Pain and Glory”- which I haven’t seen yet. Interesting Oscar race shaping up for best actor.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Keth.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Keth.
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Top 5 performances of the leading actors this year:

1) DiCaprio

2)Phoenix

3)Banderas

4)Pryce

5)DeNiro

If any of the first four wins I will be content, I don’t think Bob’s performance in Irishman although great is worth third Oscar

Dude,are you being sarcastic here?

I mean Yes,DiCaprio will be a decent nominee at 4-5 but no way he gave a better performance than De Niro,Driver,Joaquin and Banderas this year.

But if you think that seriously then it is your opinion,it’s good and I respect that.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Sayuri is the girl that’s going to be snubbed.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve now seen two terrific, and very different, performances that are both award worthy. Joaquin Phoenix is equally as good as “The Joker”. If I was an award voter, I would have a really hard time picking between the two actors. Two great performances by two actors portraying two different characters so beautifully.

This is why I think the popularity factor and potential ratings boost will act as a tiebreaker and give Phoenix the win at the Globes. That being said, I’m seeing Marriage Story tonight, so let’s see if Driver’s as undeniable as y’all say he is.

BP: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Uncut Gems, Joker, Ford v Ferrari, Marriage Story,
    BD: Bong-Joon Ho, Benny and Josh Safdie, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips, Noah Baumbach
    Actor: Phoenix, Sandler, Pattinson, Driver, Bale
    Actress: Nyong'o, Johansson
    S. Actor: Dafoe, Kang-Ho, Rockwell, Pacino, Hopkins
    S. Actress: Dern, McKensie, Yeo-Jeong, Julia Fox
    AS: Jojo Rabbit, Joker, The Irishman, Toy Story 4
    OS: Parasite, Marriage Story, Ford v Ferrari, Uncut Gems, Us

Lpwings08
    Participant
    Topics:

This is why I think the popularity factor and potential ratings boost will act as a tiebreaker and give Phoenix the win at the Globes. That being said, I’m seeing Marriage Story tonight, so let’s see if Driver’s as undeniable as y’all say he is.

Finally saw Marriage Story. Driver has a strong performance. Loved the movie. Best picture contender for sure, but I still think Phoenix has the slight edge in the actor category. Would be happy if either won tbh

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m super excited for Marriage Story, but, because my mom is too, I’m likely gonna have to wait until next week to watch it when we’re together for Christmas. Really excited though, and I’m glad to hear all these great things about Driver. I’ve always thought he was a great actor, and the fact that so many people are proclaiming this his best performance makes me really want to see it.

It’s also worth noting, whether Driver of Phoenix wins, both of them are likely gonna have many more opportunities to compete in the future. I’m pretty sure whoever loses will likely win the award at a later time.

LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

I have been in Phoenix’ corner since Joker but having watched Marriage Story, I’m conflicted. Im giving myself a few more days and hopefully, I can decide who I want to win. Both are so good in two different ways.

I just love movies. And awards.

justonemorething
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe if Murphy wins the Comedy Globe then he’ll take Leo’s spot – I don’t see that happening, though. Banderas, De Niro, Driver, DiCaprio, and Phoenix.

Nikhil
    Participant
    Topics:

Sandman is getting stronger day by day, huh? He will be nominated, as I predicted months ago.

Ethan Hawke won every critics prize last year for First Reformed and he did not make the Oscar 5. Don’t look too deeply into what’s happened thus far. This is what the critics awards will try to do in certain categories. They attempt to turn the Academy’s attention to things they know the Academy will overlook.

In my opinion, they have less and less relevance every year as the Academy grows. An Academy member is unlikely to look for inspiration in the “Detroit Online Film Critics Nominees” or whoever all of 20 people none of whom are Academy voters decided on. But, I bet they watch the Globes!

Top 3 Films of the Year: Parasite, The Farewell, OUATIH

arabian
    Participant
    Topics:

Finally watched Marriage Story, excellent film. Brilliant performance by Driver, however, I have to disagree with the critics. I still think his best performance was Paterson or Hungry Hearts. With that said, definite Oscar nom lock. I haven’t seen a few other big contenders yet so can’t compare, but, Adam was still amazing, two or three really baity scenes, and so many small moments (the final scene reading the letter got to me the most) that just killed.

(Not actor, but Scarlett underwhelmed a bit, while Dern is so getting that Oscar!)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  arabian.
    CateNicole
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw Marriage Story. I have few words to say about Driver! He was perfect! Every moment was so spontaneous and fresh! And he was trying so hard to be the perfect dad, battling his emotions that got in the way. Classy. The scene in which that thing happens was more suspenseful than any scene I’ve ever seen before, truly. I was nervous, uncomfortable and nauseous and it was because he acted those moments so well. Would be very deserving of the Oscar.

Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

Congratulations to Antonio Banderas for adding the European Film Award for Best Actor to his collection!

FYC:

Antonio Banderas and Asier Etxeandia, Dolor y Gloria (Best Actor/Supporting Actor)
    Emily Beecham, Little Joe (Best Actress)
    Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren, The Good Liar (Best Actor/Actress)

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Adam was so fucking great in that movie

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 488 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor 2020 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.