Home Forums Movies Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)

Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 489 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +22 hidden )
replies
views
users
Babygirl
thatnerdgreg
Hammad Asif
  • Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

A teaser dropped today for Uncut Gems and the trailer comes next week!

I think people don’t need to count out Adam Sandler just yet! I know Best Actor is unbelievably stacked this year, and Driver and Phoenix are obviously the frontrunners to win, but I can very much so see a narrative forming behind Sandler to receive a nomination (NOT A WIN PEOPLE) as a pat on a back for giving such a dramatic turn after years of misfires. And hey, he placed third on the IndieWire Critics Poll for best performance at TIFF and articles like these are already circling the internet every week!

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/tiff-2019-critics-survey-toronto-best-films-performances-parasite-adam-driver-1202174083/

Darlings, I’m shocked Stripper Lopez is getting these raves. Thatcher will have to stan then.

I was your Prime Minister once.

TOSHlRO
    Participant
    Topics:

Nose Driver giving the same, “Ooh look at my 90’s  Keanu Reeves hair, ooh I’m quirky, ooh listen to me I have a deep voice” performance Marriage Story is a crime. Just let Joaquin have that statue to reward him for his extensive range and commitment.

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Nose Driver giving the same, “Ooh look at my 90’s Keanu Reeves hair, ooh I’m quirky, ooh listen to me I have a deep voice” performance Marriage Story is a crime. Just let Joaquin have that statue to reward him for his extensive range and commitment.

Darling, did you just call him “Nose Driver”? I HAVE TO STAN.

I was your Prime Minister once.

Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

Nose Driver giving the same, “Ooh look at my 90’s Keanu Reeves hair, ooh I’m quirky, ooh listen to me I have a deep voice” performance Marriage Story is a crime. Just let Joaquin have that statue to reward him for his extensive range and commitment.

why don’t you say that straight to his Julliard- trained face. Obviously you haven’t seen his filmography, because you would realise, he doesn’t need a new haircut to play diverse roles. That’s called real range

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2019/09/joaquin-phoenix-next-movie-mike-mills-director-a24-joker-1202738671/

Phoenix is starring in a film with Mike Mills directing and production starts soon so I guess he won’t campaign much?

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, did you just call him “Nose Driver”? I HAVE TO STAN.

Because making fun of a a perfectly nice, hard working, and talented actor’s face is so clever. Definitely not embarrassingly juvenile. Doesn’t really matter though. I doubt someone as successful and respected as Driver cares that two assholes on GoldDerby think he’s ugly. He’s got plenty of fans who say otherwise.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol everybody “doesn’t care” until they realize they actually have a chance to win. Joaquin isn’t stupid.

Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol everybody “doesn’t care” until they realize they actually have a chance to win. Joaquin isn’t stupid.

exactly! He is campaigning, he will even be attending Deadline’s Contenders Event in London Oct. 5

https://deadline.com/2019/09/the-contenders-london-2019-netflix-amazon-universal-pictures-sony-pictures-news-lineup-invites-1202737337/

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol everybody “doesn’t care” until they realize they actually have a chance to win.

Except Brad Pitt apparently.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Joker
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Joker

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

exactly! He is campaigning, he will even be attending Deadline’s Contenders Event in London Oct. 5

https://deadline.com/2019/09/the-contenders-london-2019-netflix-amazon-universal-pictures-sony-pictures-news-lineup-invites-1202737337/

Thats a great non campaign campaign he is doing. He probably doesnt want to get stud slapped like what happened with Cooper. So he has to humble it up.

Hector Raskolnikov
    Participant
    Topics:

A teaser dropped today for Uncut Gems and the trailer comes next week! I think people don’t need to count out Adam Sandler just yet! I know Best Actor is unbelievably stacked this year, and Driver and Phoenix are obviously the frontrunners to win, but I can very much so see a narrative forming behind Sandler to receive a nomination (NOT A WIN PEOPLE) as a pat on a back for giving such a dramatic turn after years of misfires. And hey, he placed third on the IndieWire Critics Poll for best performance at TIFF and articles like these are already circling the internet every week!

He is being a quite underrated here. His chances are good.

Yeah, maybe is a stacked year, but we are forgotten that names like De Niro (The Irishman), Driver (Marriage Story), Pryce (Two Popes) and Murphy (Dolemite is my name) are all from Netflix? And no way the Academy is gonna make three of them nominated, this never happened (and Netflix absolutely not gonna be the pioeneer). Two is possible, but no more than that.

So, I calling it now: Sandler WILL be nominated, fellas.

Phoenix
    Driver
    De Niro
    Sandler
    Banderas/DiCaprio

It’s it.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Sandler is not happening at the Academy Awards but I feel like he’s a lock for a Comedy Globe nod since critics seem to love his performance.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Sandler’s not getting nominated. Yes, he’s received very strong notices, but there are many other performances (Driver, Phoenix, Pryce, DiCaprio, Banderas) that have gotten even better reviews. And many of these acclaimed actors are not only much more respected than Sandler, they’re in much bigger films. It’s simply too crowded a field for him to slip through.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Because making fun of a a perfectly nice, hard working, and talented actor’s face is so clever. Definitely not embarrassingly juvenile. Doesn’t really matter though. I doubt someone as successful and respected as Driver cares that two assholes on GoldDerby think he’s ugly. He’s got plenty of fans who say otherwise.

Couldn’t have said it better

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 489 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.