Home Forums Movies Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)

Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 465 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +24 hidden )
replies
views
users
Babygirl
thatnerdgreg
Hammad Asif
  • Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Phoenix seems to be a very peculiar case, so I’m dropping him in my head. Driver is winning.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

That certainly doesn’t look good. If people are already accusing it of causing violence before it’s even out in theatres, then that’s gonna hurt the film’s chances. And while I understand Phoenix getting upset, walking out was the wrong choice. He should’ve talked about why the film won’t cause violence. The fact that we’re already seeing Phoenix getting into conflict while campaigning means that his usual behavior will end up hurting his chances again.

He did return after talking to PR, so no harm done. It’s not as big a deal as it’s being made out.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

why are journalist torturing him about terrorism questions?,jesus he is an actor and playing joker ,we al know joker is evil

True, however Phoenix could’ve handled it better then just walking away. As much as these questions are inappropriate, based on what the movie is about, he should’ve expected it and prepared for a proper answer because this won’t be the last time he’s getting asked this type of question.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL,Joaquin is winning his Best Actor.

Nothing is stopping him now,2012 snub was enough.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL,Joaquin is winning his Best Actor. Nothing is stopping him now,2012 snub was enough.

The amount of people that said this about Bradley Cooper last year…

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

The amount of people that said this about Bradley Cooper last year…

GD Thread doubting and being against Joaquin’s immensely deserving Best Actor win is actually good luck for him.

Whoever you guys are against in majority always win or at least recently.

I never said about Cooper being lock,there were better performances last year Bale,Gosling,Joaquin,Hawke.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

GD Thread doubting and being against Joaquin’s immensely deserving Best Actor win is actually good luck for him. Whoever you guys are against in majority always win or at least recently.

A lot of people are on the Phoenix boat lol.

And I never said you said that, just saying I’ve seen many comments like this before and we all know how it turned out.

https://i.postimg.cc/QdjN32M9/79-B58-FA2-9-F0-A-4496-B1-C6-435-C9-FD6-EF71.gif

Movie nerd
    Participant
    Topics:

A certain unproblematic actor (who also happens to be a regal in interviews) rises Joaquin has the talent and material but he really doesn’t know how to behave

Or maybe he knows but doesn’t care?

Speaking of Driver, there is rather large group people on internet who are accusing him of being islamophobic given the reason why he joined marines after 9/11. Personally I strongly disagree with this but there’s that.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

A lot of people are on the Phoenix boat lol.

And I never said you said that, just saying I’ve seen many comments like this before and we all know how it turned out.

https://i.postimg.cc/QdjN32M9/79-B58-FA2-9-F0-A-4496-B1-C6-435-C9-FD6-EF71.gif

Cooper was stupid,he was massively campaigning director and last year lineup had performances.

I can’t say same about Joaquin’s situation.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Speaking of Driver, there is rather large group people on internet who are accusing him of being islamophobic given the reason why he joined marines after 9/11. Personally I strongly disagree with this but there’s that.

Huh? Large group where? I haven’t seen anyone talk about this.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Or maybe he knows but doesn’t care? Speaking of Driver, there is rather large group people on internet who are accusing him of being islamophobic given the reason why he joined marines after 9/11. Personally I strongly disagree with this but there’s that.

That’s not the point. There’s a certain game to play if you want to win an Oscar (mostly ass kissing and hypocrisy)

Not saying that I agree with Hollywood politics but that’s just the way it is. But there are outliers of course

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Bening isn’t even getting nominated, her film is a flop and no one cares about it: Dern has this in the bag. Renee could win, but I feel like she will be this year’s Glenn Close, but with less overdue narrative. Driver feels like the most vulnerable of the 3 since he has the toughest competition, and male actors usually only win if they’re the sole lead. So I think right now Dern and Johamsson win, and Driver loses narrowly to Phoenix.

Robbie from Bombshell can still beat Dern.

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Taron Egerton was amazing in Rocketman… Does he have a chance? What about Michael B Jordan?

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

Taron Egerton was amazing in Rocketman… Does he have a chance? What about Michael B Jordan?

GG nom is very likely for Egerton. On the other hand, Michael B Jordan isn’t in the top 5 for the Oscar nom that’s for sure.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Huh? Large group where? I haven’t seen anyone talk about this.

Maybe it’s some of those Star Wars assholes. I say this as someone who absolutely loves Star Wars.

Robbie from Bombshell can still beat Dern.

I remember hearing awhile back that Bombshell wasn’t well received in test screenings. If that’s true, the that puts and end to Robbie’s status as a possible upset.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 465 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.