Home Forums Movies Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)

Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 434 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Babygirl
thatnerdgreg
Hammad Asif
  • Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

I liked him in the role prior to his unfortunate disability. After that he became a caricature.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Profile picture
    Angela Lewis
    Topics:

Huh? Large group where? I haven’t seen anyone talk about this.

The only people who are talking about it are the fake wokes that hate Adam in the first place and wants to slander him.

Profile picture
    Angela Lewis
    Topics:

Taron Egerton was amazing in Rocketman… Does he have a chance? What about Michael B Jordan?

Regarding Taron, the same reason why I think Joaquin isn’t going to win is the same reason Taron is unfortunately will get snubbed: another person before them that play the same or similar character won the Oscar. I really love Taron in Rocketman, but the category is very crowded and he is the unfortunate early fav that has quickly been forgotten.

MJB, on the other hand, had stronger performances (Fruitville Station and Black Panther), and still got snubbed. His performance in Just Mercy is good, but isn’t strong enough to even be considered in the top 10.

Profile picture
    Mr. Tintin
    Topics:

Regarding Taron, the same reason why I think Joaquin isn’t going to win is the same reason Taron is unfortunately will get snubbed: another person before them that play the same or similar character won the Oscar. I really love Taron in Rocketman, but the category is very crowded and he is the unfortunate early fav that has quickly been forgotten. MJB, on the other hand, had stronger performances (Fruitville Station and Black Panther), and still got snubbed. His performance in Just Mercy is good, but isn’t strong enough to even be considered in the top 10.

I think Taron will get in. He has to at least get the Globe nomination and campaign hard for that so that he can glide through the season. MBJ isn’t happening, I agree with that.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Taron will certainly get nominated at the Globes and Bafta. If he wins the Globe, then I’ll put him in my predictions. It’ll be a shame if he misses out, as he has the performance of a winner. It’s sad knowing that Bohemian Rhapsody will end up doing so much better at the Oscars despite Rocketman being better in pretty much every single conceivable way.

Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Taron will certainly get nominated at the Globes and Bafta. If he wins the Globe, then I’ll put him in my predictions. It’ll be a shame if he misses out, as he has the performance of a winner. It’s sad knowing that Bohemian Rhapsody will end up doing so much better at the Oscars despite Rocketman being better in pretty much every single conceivable way.

Reasons will be

Freddie Mercury being bigger than Elton John.

BR’s massive box office.

Rocketman’s early release date and Bohemian Tragedy’s perfect release date.

Campaigning

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Who is Taron kicking out at BAFTA? I dont see it.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Taron Egerton won’t be a factor.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Who is Taron kicking out at BAFTA? I dont see it.

He gave a critically acclaimed performance playing one of Britian’s natural treasures. He’ll get in.

Profile picture
    Cinephile
    Topics:

He gave a critically acclaimed performance playing one of Britian’s natural treasures. He’ll get in.

that feels true. Although, its so tough to think who will be snubbed at the BAFTA. And most definitely this lineup will not reflect the Oscar nominees. These I feel are least vulnerable:

pryce
    driver
    dicaprio
    egerton

phoenix, banderas, deniro and kaluuya are fighting for the last slot.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

Is he really a treasure if it couldnt even outgross Dumbo at UK box office? This aint Bohemian Rhapsody.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Is he really a treasure if it couldnt even outgross Dumbo at UK box office? This aint Bohemian Rhapsody.

Yes. Elton John most certainly is a British national treasure. Just cause his movie got outgrossed by Dumbo doesn’t mean he’s not. If you honestly believe he’s not, then you’re insane.

Profile picture
    atonement
    Topics:

that feels true. Although, its so tough to think who will be snubbed at the BAFTA. And most definitely this lineup will not reflect the Oscar nominees. These I feel are least vulnerable: pryce driver dicaprio egerton phoenix, banderas, deniro and kaluuya are fighting for the last slot.

i think the lineup will be:

1. phoenix
    2. pryce
    3. driver
    4. kaluuya
    5. egerton

what does everyone else prediction for the baftas?

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, I’m devastated but I won’t be in this race. It’s been a pleasure. Take care!

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/2019-emmy-awards-ceremony-reactions-part-4/page/7/#post-1203097801

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Darlings, I’m devastated but I won’t be in this race. It’s been a pleasure. Take care!

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/2019-emmy-awards-ceremony-reactions-part-4/page/7/#post-1203097801

You’re leaving because Lena didn’t win?
    Shouldn’t you be launching a fleet against the West Coast?
    Come back as Maduro or Macron or Merkle perhaps?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 434 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.