Home Forums Movies Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)

Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 434 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Babygirl
thatnerdgreg
Hammad Asif
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

As much as I love Joaquin, I agree with all of those “woke” critics. Movies will always live in the political zeitgeist of the times, and when you’re dealing with a country so torn over gun reforms, it’s inevitable that people will start complaining about violent movies.

This reminds me when Kesha’s “Die Young” was pulled out of radio after the Sandy Hook shooting. It isn’t fair to the artist, but it also isn’t fair to those parents hearing about youth dying.

At the end of the day, everyone’s opinion will be biased, and that’s fine because it’s an opinion. Critics are allowed to dislike something.

FYC: Joji – Best New Artist
    Nectar – Album of The Year, Best Alternative Album
    Run – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Performance
    Gimme Love - Best Music Video

FYC: Ariana Grande
    Rain On Me: ROTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance
    Imagine - SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    Nobody (w/ Chaka Khan) - Best Trad R&B Perf.

Profile picture
    Green Spleen
    Topics:

“woke”critics are idiots,banning and censoring art is fascism,that is exactly what dictators in communist countries are doing, banning art and free speech

Not necessarily agreeing with the “woke critics” here, but does anyone (aside from maybe a handful of crazies on Twitter) actually want to ban or censor the film?

Critique =/= desire for censorship.

Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I think the the thing is, Driver and Phoenix are getting similarly outstanding reactions (you can debate who is more outstanding, but that’s irrelevant to this point) and Phoenix’s comes alongside growing backlash. Driver is cleaner.</p>

Profile picture
    Cinephile
    Topics:

Y’all I’m afraid Phoenix doesn’t prevail this time around. Joker’s growing backlash and some people I know keep telling me Driver is JUST outstanding.

I’m hoping Driver prevails and voters go for a non-transformative role like Affleck in Manchester By The Sea. But, I can’t help but feel with the recent track record of past winners, Joaquin’s role seems too juicy and irresistible to deny.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I’m hoping Driver prevails and voters go for a non-transformative role like Affleck in Manchester By The Sea. But, I can’t help but feel with the recent track record of past winners, Joaquin’s role seems too juicy and irresistible to deny.

Well Casey did went go against Denzel who had a juicy and showy performance. Besides raves, I think Adam gets the upper hand because he’s part of a stronger film.

Profile picture
    Bradley Jackson
    Topics:

Clint Eastwood’s ‘Richard Jewell’ Enters Awards Season With December Release Enter: Paul Walter Hauser. Welcome and join the race.

Who?

Profile picture
    FairWeatherAffair
    Topics:

“woke”critics are idiots,banning and censoring art is fascism,that is exactly what dictators in communist countries are doing, banning art and free speech

Please do not ever comment on communism again, at least until you know what you are talking about.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Please do not ever comment on communism again, at least until you know what you are talking about.

Babe, don’t waste precious seconds trying to reason with these trolls. They’re not even controversial.

Profile picture
    FairWeatherAffair
    Topics:

Babe, don’t waste precious seconds trying to reason with these trolls. They’re not even controversial.

This forum is dissolving right before our eyes – all of a sudden, everyone has some bit they are committing to. And hardly any actual conversation, what with people just talking at each other in memes and barbs that have nothing to do with each other.

Glad you’re still around!

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

Poor The Two Popes though, getting overshadowed by two bigger and better received movies, with two bigger directors and two even more recognized and outstanding casts. Jonathan Pryce will sadly be forgotten and underrated again

Profile picture
    sofan
    Topics:

Clint Eastwood’s ‘Richard Jewell’ Enters Awards Season With December Release Enter: Paul Walter Hauser. Welcome and join the race.

Nope, no film of that senile, old, chair-talker is ever getting close to the Oscars again.

Profile picture
    thatnerdgreg
    Topics:

Poor The Two Popes though, getting overshadowed by two bigger and better received movies, with two bigger directors and two even more recognized and outstanding casts. Jonathan Pryce will sadly be forgotten and underrated again

I think Pryce will make it over De Niro. His performance was more singles out, and he has an overdue narrative going for him.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I’m putting De Niro back in my predictions. He’s been getting a lot of praise from critics and journalists and The Irishman looks like it’s going to be even more of a juggernaut than I anticipated. Plus I’m feeling less confident about Bale now (unless he goes supporting) and Pryce still feels like a snub waiting to happen.

Academy-Award winners:

Parasite: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay

Joker: Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix

Jojo Rabbit: Best Adapted Screenplay

Profile picture
    TheDreamingHead
    Topics:

I think Pryce will make it over De Niro. His performance was more singles out, and he has an overdue narrative going for him.

But De Niro portrays the title character in one of the most anticipated and well-reviewed movies of the year. No way he is going to miss a nom.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 434 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.