Home Forums Movies Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)

Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 465 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +24 hidden )
replies
views
users
Babygirl
thatnerdgreg
Hammad Asif
  • Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

After seeing Joker,this race seems done and dusted to be honest.

Joaquin is one of greats but what he achieves in this movie is amazing,perhaps his best performance till date.He was born to play Arthur Fleck/Joker.

With all my love for Driver and Banderas,I don’t think any other contender will reach Joaquin’s level this year.It is like Daniel Day Lewis in 2007 or any other towering lead actor performance you can imagine.

Many of you will agree with me once you have seen this movie.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah but with all the buzz and raves Marriage Story is having especially for Driver, I don’t see Netflix prioritizing Pryce (or Two Popes for that matter) over him. Even if Irishman’s gonna be their main focus in Picture/Director, they’ll probably gonna go ham for Marriage Story in the acting categories.

It rly isn’t about campaigning at the end of the day, since Globes have the upper hand most of the time now. Pryce could win the Comedy Globe and Driver could lose the Drama one. Driver will probably be dead then even if he might have the biggest campaign for his category behind him.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

It rly isn’t about campaigning at the end of the day, since Globes have the upper hand most of the time now. Pryce could win the Comedy Globe and Driver could lose the Drama one. Driver will probably be dead then even if he might have the biggest campaign for his category behind him.

Watch Murphy win the comedy globe. Im hoping that would happen.

Marcel
    Participant
    Topics:

After seeing Joker,this race seems done and dusted to be honest.

Joaquin is one of greats but what he achieves in this movie is amazing,perhaps his best performance till date.He was born to play Arthur Fleck/Joker.

With all my love for Driver and Banderas,I don’t think any other contender will reach Joaquin’s level this year.It is like Daniel Day Lewis in 2007 or any other towering lead actor performance you can imagine.

Many of you will agree with me once you have seen this movie.

In this thread an user has just disagreed

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/2020-oscars-predictions-part-4/page/24/

LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know how Joaquin Phoenix can be topped this year. I’m still shook about the final act of that movie.

I just love movies. And awards.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know how Joaquin Phoenix can be topped this year. I’m still shook about the final act of that movie.

Absolutely right.

He may not win because of movie not being politically correct and it’s subject matter but performance wise he has outdone himself.I humbly can’t think there will be a better lead performance this year with this much depth,intensity and layers.

In a fair world,Joaquin should be sweeping all lead actor awards next year.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Watch Murphy win the comedy globe. Im hoping that would happen.

He’s definitely a threat. But I’m not sure his movie is good enough to back his win up.

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it was an interesting choice on the Kimmel show…..that JP was aware of but it failed horribly. I am still not buying the JP hype though. I think DiCaprio or Driver still.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  vinny.
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

He’s definitely a threat. But I’m not sure his movie is good enough to back his win up.

Who knows. In my mind, The comedy race is between Dicaprio, Murphy, and Pryce. Anyone of those three could win.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it was an interesting choice on the Kimmel show…..that JP was aware of but it failed horribly. I am still not buying the JP hype though. I think DiCaprio or Driver still.

Leo’s not winning the Oscar. He’ll get the Comedy Globe at best

and eww @ Pryce

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Leo’s not winning the Oscar. He’ll get the Comedy Globe at best

and eww @ Pryce

I feel like people are sleeping on Pryce and DiCaprio but I think Driver is the one that has the best shot right now

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Predictions for best actor

1. Antonio bandares (Pain and glory)
    2. Adam driver (marriage story)
    3. Robert de niro (the irishman)
    4. Joaquin phoenix (joker)
    5. TBD (Whoever wins the comedy globe)
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

After watching Joker tonight (I could have watched it 12 hours ago in Vietnam but I had to woooorrrrrkkk), I will mainly root for Joaquin of all four acting races this year! I love, I love, I love his performance so much! I think tons of praise has already been given to Phoenix so I’m not gonna say anymore. He truly deserves the Oscar this year! You can hate the film but his performance is too hard to hate here. That’s it, Driver, even though I put so much faith in you and I may have to predict you in the future, after tonight, much of my enthusiasm for you has been moved to Phoenix. Just pull through and get it Joaquin!

JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

After watching Joker tonight (I could have watched it 12 hours ago in Vietnam but I had to woooorrrrrkkk), I will mainly root for Joaquin of all four acting races this year! I love, I love, I love his performance so much! I think tons of praise has already been given to Phoenix so I’m not gonna say anymore. He truly deserves the Oscar this year! You can hate the film but his performance is too hard to hate here. That’s it, Driver, even though I put so much faith in you and I may have to predict you in the future, after tonight, much of my enthusiasm for you has been moved to Phoenix. Just pull through and get it Joaquin!

You might feel just as strongly for Adam after watching Marriage Story

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

You might feel just as strongly for Adam after watching Marriage Story

I will enjoy his too but Joaquin is the first Oscar contender this year that completely blew me away. Yknow, first impression is always hard to resist lol

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 465 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor for 2020 Oscars (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.