Home Forums Movies Best Actor of The Decade (2010-2019)?

Best Actor of The Decade (2010-2019)?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
21 hours ago
replies
views
users
loudtoilet
fefface
Stank83
Best Actor of The Decade (2010-2019)?
Leonardo Di Caprio
Joaquin Phoenix
Christian Bale
Bradley Cooper
Tom Hardy
Micheal Fassbender
Ryan Gosling
Jake Gyllenhaal
Adam Driver
Daniel Day-Lewis
  • Profile picture
    Hammad Asif
    Topics:

Also kudos to vets such as Leo/Bale/Joaquin for they were child actros so really long and prosper careers.

Wish all 3 of them appear in a film together.

Kubrick-Tarkovsky-Scorsese-Bergman-Bresson-Kurosawa

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

that would be amazing. Leo/Pitt worked so well.

@fefface you are right, Lincoln is where Kathy Kennedy noticed him.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by loudtoilet.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by loudtoilet.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FairWeatherAffair
    Topics:

Day-Lewis and it is not close.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

I ended up going with Phoenix as he had four performances that were first rate: THE MASTER, HER, YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE, and JOKER.

Bale and DiCaprio deserve mentioning too. I feel like Driver will be the person we most likely are praising come 2029-2030.

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

that would be amazing. Leo/Pitt worked so well. @fefface you are right, Lincoln is where Kathy Kennedy noticed him.

And turning two short scenes into a stint as a Star Wars villain is one hell of a power move.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Bale showed the most versatility this past decade, so I voted for him. But a poll of ten white dudes? At least a third of this group didn’t merit best of decade citations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Why is everyone saying Bale? He peaked 20 years ago

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Di Caprio

2. Phoenix

3. Bale

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

DiCaprio… By far!
    2 Oscar nominated performances for THE WOLF OF WALL STREET and OUATIHOLLYWOOD. 1 Oscar win for THE REVENANT. 5 Golden Globe nods, 2 wins. 5 Best Picture nominated movies (INCEPTION, DJANGO UNCHAINED, THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, THE REVENANT and OUATIHOLLYWOOD). Multiple box-office hits… And we are just talking about the last decade. Personally, I prefer Bale, Phoenix or Hardy over Leo Dicaprio, but he had an amazing decade! Very fine performances and great movies

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LLLhawks
    Topics:

That was DiCaprio’s decade.

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Wish all 3 of them appear in a film together.

I would love to see that but i think  there is too much ego between the 3, I heard that Christian Bale can’t see Dicaprio because  they always fought for the same roles he even turned down a role in Inception because Dicaprio was there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I would love to see that but i think there is too much ego between the 3, I heard that Christian Bale can’t see Dicaprio because they always fought for the same roles he even turned down a role in Inception because Dicaprio was there.

It’s notorious that DiCaprio was in competition with Bale to play Patrick Bateman in American Psycho.

He was supposed to do it with Oliver Stone at the helm, but then he turned it down due to creative differences, so Bale took the role and it became his breakthrough. But it’s more like Bale having issues with him or being jealous, it’s not hatred from both sides.

I could see instead a DiCaprio-Phoenix collaboration in the future.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

Phoenix, Day-Lewis, DiCaprio.  All three did consistently great work. Day-Lewis is the best actor of the bunch for sure, even if I thought his win for Lincoln should’ve gone to Phoenix for The Master.

Anyways, why the f*ck is Ryan Gosling on this list?  I feel like Brad Pitt and Denzel Washington should make this list before him.

The Willem Dafoe snub? Tasteless.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

It’s notorious that DiCaprio was in competition with Bale to play Patrick Bateman in American Psycho. He was supposed to do it with Oliver Stone at the helm, but then he turned it down due to creative differences, so Bale took the role and it became his breakthrough. But it’s more like Bale having issues with him or being jealous, it’s not hatred from both sides. I could see instead a DiCaprio-Phoenix collaboration in the future.

It wasn’t creative issues nor a competition, Bale was always Mary Harron’s choice since the beginning even if the studio was looking for someone else (Leo), Bale was always in love with the character and went as far to ask someone to turn down the role when auditions were happening. When the movie was about to start production the studio asked Harron if she could get DiCaprio because he was fresh off titanic’s success. Harron didn’t want DiCaprio so she walked out of the film. They got a new director and DiCaprio, after a few months with DiCaprio on board the budget was way too much, the director had a different idea and DiCaprio was too expensive. Both left the film, after they left Harron was brought back and with that Bale was on it again, budget going back to normal. The were never in a fight over the role, if they had beef over that movie it was because the studio didn’t want Bale.

As far as best actor, ofcourse it is Day-Lewis but he was barely in 2 movies this decade, so he doesn’t count. And well all Phoenix, Bale and DiCaprio did great. So in order it would be Phoenix, DiCaprio and Bale. Honorable mentions: Bradley Cooper and Adam Driver.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

None of the above.

No other actor in the past decade has had the range or versatility of LaKeith Stanfield.

From Short Term 12 to Sorry to Bother You, he’s managed to successfully cross multiple genres with ease.

Monsoon (Dir: Hong Khaou)
    Henry Golding | Parker Sawyers
    Coming Fall 2020

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.