Home Forums Movies Best Actor of The Decade (2010-2019)?

Best Actor of The Decade (2010-2019)?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
fefface
loudtoilet
Stank83
Best Actor of The Decade (2010-2019)?
Leonardo Di Caprio
Joaquin Phoenix
Christian Bale
Bradley Cooper
Tom Hardy
Micheal Fassbender
Ryan Gosling
Jake Gyllenhaal
Adam Driver
Daniel Day-Lewis
  • Profile picture
    Bhavesh Manglani
    Topics:

According to me the best Bollywood actor in this decade is Hritik Roshan and from Hollywood, it is Dwayne Jhonson.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

None of the above. No other actor in the past decade has had the range or versatility of LaKeith Stanfield.

Who?

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

How many movies did Driver perform in? I guess he’s here for Blackkklansman and Marriage Story. He shouldn’t be here.

Patterson, Silence, Inside Llewyn Davis, Merowitz Stories, Logan Lucky, Dead Don’t Die, The Report, & Star Wars.

In addition to that he’s also got Girls on TV and is a Tony nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

How many movies did Driver perform in? I guess he’s here for Blackkklansman and Marriage Story. He shouldn’t be here.

As others have point out, this is simply false but the question isn’t most prolific actor of the decade  anyway

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Jake Gyllenhaal is the best actor of the last decade. He’s worked with various directors, none of them were the top end when he worked with them, No actor in the decade has a performance anywhere near Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler. The Oscars are a joke, end of discussion!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I say Joaquin Phoenix. DiCaprio had an amazing decade as well but personally I prefer Joaquin. So I went with him. But when it comes to the Best Actor of that bunch there’s no competition… It’s Day-Lewis and its not even close.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

I say Joaquin Phoenix. DiCaprio had an amazing decade as well but personally I prefer Joaquin. So I went with him. But when it comes to the Best Actor of that bunch there’s no competition… It’s Day-Lewis and its not even close.

Daniel Day Lewis isn’t as undeniable as you think. If every actor had 5 years to prepare for each role, they’d give DDL level performances too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BetteDavis
    Topics:

Daniel Day Lewis isn’t as undeniable as you think. If every actor had 5 years to prepare for each role, they’d give DDL level performances too.

No.

My profile on Letterboxd https://letterboxd.com/Icecreamb

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ZAYN
    Topics:

Leonardo DiCaprio

Daniel Day Lewis

—- BARRIER—–

Mr. Phoenix

FYC:
    Taylor Swift:
    folklore- BPVA
    cardigan- BPSP, SOTY, ROTY
    exile (feat. Bon Iver)- BPD/GP
    betty- BCS, BCSP

Rina Sawayama:
    SAWAYAMA- AOTY
    BNA

Phoebe Bridgers:
    Garden Song- SOTY
    Chinese Satellite- ROTY
    BNA

Conan Gray:
    BNA
    Heather - pop solo/soty

Chloe x Halle:
    Ungodly Hour- BPR&BA
    Do It- BR&BP
    Fearless
    Thank u next
    Lemonade
    Red
    Folklore
    Divide
    24k magic
    WWAFAWDWG
    NFR
    CHROMATICA

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

What a mess!!!…Daniel Day-Lewis is literally one of the best of all time. He’s literally on another level. Just because he doesn’t do movies every year doesn’t mean he’s not better than other working actors. The day all those actors deliver performances on the level of My Left Foot, Gangs of New York and There Will Be Blood, we can discuss this.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Well, maybe they should do the same then.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Patterson, Silence, Inside Llewyn Davis, Merowitz Stories, Logan Lucky, Dead Don’t Die, The Report, & Star Wars. In addition to that he’s also got Girls on TV and is a Tony nominee.

Tony seems to have a real hate boner for Adam Driver.

Driver has three Emmy noms, two Oscar noms and a Tony nom all in one decade. He’s going pretty well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

DiCaprio, period.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Tony seems to have a real hate boner for Adam Driver.

Driver has three Emmy noms, two Oscar noms and a Tony nom all in one decade. He’s going pretty well.

As far as I’m away he’s one if only three thespians to be nominated for all four during the decade (the other three being Bryan Cranston, Tom Hanks & Mark Rylance). Cranston entering the 2010s with one of the most beloved performances of all time in Breaking Bad, Hanks being the most beloved film actor of modern times and the latter is a respected British character actor).

Driver managing to achieve in a relatively short amount of time is hella impressive, especially considering this time 10 years ago, his only screen credit was a victim on the final season of Law & Order.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

As far as I’m away he’s one if only three thespians to be nominated for all four during the decade (the other three being Bryan Cranston, Tom Hanks & Mark Rylance). Cranston entering the 2010s with one of the most beloved performances of all time in Breaking Bad, Hanks being the most beloved film actor of modern times and the latter is a respected British character actor). Driver managing to achieve in a relatively short amount of time is hella impressive, especially considering this time 10 years ago, his only screen credit was a victim on the final season of Law & Order.

That is interesting! And yes very impressive.

He’s also a lot younger than the rest of the list – Mark Rylance is 60, and Cranston and Hanks both 64. Driver is 36.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.