Home Forums Movies Best Actor Oscar 2019 Predictions (Part 4)

Best Actor Oscar 2019 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +30 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
ospencer
O´Hara
  • Arias
    Participant
    Topics:

lol keep making excuses for Gaga and Cooper’s own behavior but have nothing to back it up I guess. I hope yall keep that same energy next season since some of you seem so enamoured with the idea of ‘integrity’.

Are you referring to Peters? If so, just a heads up that they are obligated to credit him since he was the producer of the previous version and still held the rights. He didnt work on this version.

BR is a Bryan Singer film. Whether you love or hate it, that’s fact. I’m not sure why everyone can’t own that.

For me, The allegations carry no weight on my opinion of the film. I thought it was okay. Mediocre at best. I thought Malek was fine but nothing extraordinary. Hawke/cooper/gosling/bale were more impressive IMO. And I haven’t seen Dafoe or Mortensen.

Irrelevant side note: Malek’s interview gymnastics is just silly.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

It wouldnt surprise me if cooper wins. This award season has been so crazy even dafoe has an realistic shot of winning

Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

It is more than obvious if you read this that he wasn’t allowed to speak about it. Sloppy huffpo shit at its finest.

Sorry, but the wording of this clause does not prevent or forbid Chalamet from speaking about those accusations against Allen in case of Dylan Farrow. Also his two co-stars from this very movie project disavowed Allen as well- Griffin Newman and Rebecca Hall. So no, Chalamet could speak, but tried to play it safe, but in the end he at least did something about this situation. Malek on the other hand? Nada, zero, nothing.

O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you referring to Peters? If so, just a heads up that they are obligated to credit him since he was the producer of the previous version and still held the rights. He didnt work on this version.

BR is a Bryan Singer film. Whether you love or hate it, that’s fact. I’m not sure why everyone can’t own that.

For me, The allegations carry no weight on my opinion of the film. I thought it was okay. Mediocre at best. I thought Malek was fine but nothing extraordinary. Hawke/cooper/gosling/bale were more impressive IMO. And I haven’t seen Dafoe or Mortensen.

Irrelevant side note: Malek’s interview gymnastics is just silly.

Thanks for saying with respect what I think, sometimes I can’t with this people 🙄

Mason
    Participant
    Topics:

Sorry, but the wording of this clause does not prevent or forbid Chalamet from speaking about those accusations against Allen in case of Dylan Farrow. Also his two co-stars from this very movie project disavowed Allen as well- Griffin Newman and Rebecca Hall. So no, Chalamet could speak, but tried to play it safe, but in the end he at least did something about this situation. Malek on the other hand? Nada, zero, nothing.

I know what you’re trying to do but there would be no honor for Bale in winning like this and you know that. Bale’s reaction to Malek winning at SAG was very dignified and respectful as opposed to yours. Learn from him if you admire him so much.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I would disagree. Without critics, Roma wouldn’t be the frontrunner for Best Picture.

We can’t cherry pick when we like critics to use their reviews to support an argument and then in the same breath, call their reviews worthless if you personally disagree with them.

Arias, I didn’t say their reviews were worthless. what I am saying is that the level of film criticism has gone way down and there are no longer any at all that I look forward to reading or have much respect for them. It has nothing to do with disagreeing with them; I often disagreed with my favorite critics of the past. Again, you are putting words in my mouth I never ever said. I explained further earlier when I was asked for clarification. I did not do at all what you say.

Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

I know what you’re trying to do but there would be no honor for Bale in winning like this and you know that.

But it’s not even about winning, lol. Also bringing up honor is not exactly a wise move, cause there is hardly any honor in how Malek handles Singer debacle.

NevadaR
    Participant
    Topics:

But it’s not even about winning, lol. Also bringing up honor is not exactly a wise move, cause there is hardly any honor in how Malek handles Singer debacle.

Learn to take a loss,  you crazy broad.

Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

Learn to take a loss, you crazy broad.

I thought you said that you put me on ignore. Learn to stick to your declarations.

Kevin Dillon
    Participant
    Topics:

I used to enjoy film criticism – whether I agreed with them or not they had their opinions and expressed them well and it was fun to read them and engage with them as a reader. Now for the most part we have critics who all march in lockstep. They do the bidding of their masters who run the newspapers and television media that they work for – it’s not all of them but it’s most of them. Independent though is discouraged. There isn’t one single film critic who I look forward to reading anymore. This isn’t about agreeing with them; I often disagreed with my favorites but they were distinctive and cared passionately about movies, the way I do. We are living in a time of corporatized everything and it is having a negative impact on everything including movie criticism.

You are not reading a diverse array of critics, and this is some MAGA level talking point for film.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

You are not reading a diverse array of critics, and this is some MAGA level talking point for film.

You don’t know me so why are you assuming you do? How about allowing others to have their own opinions on the subject? If you think there are great film critics today then fine, I don’t have to agree with you about it.

NevadaR
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought you said that you put me on ignore. Learn to stick to your declarations.

Nope, I love you too much.

Milk Money
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol at the desperation. Some of you keep trying to make fetch happen with this faux Malek outrage. Had he lost SAG I bet this wouldn’t even be an issue.

Why not have the same energy for Gaga and Cooper about R Kelly and the ASIB Producer, respectively?

Stark Contrast
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you stupid, an idiot or both things? I already told you Bradley was obligated to put his name on the producers list but still that person is not being part of the awards season.They don’t need nothing to back it up.

lmfao keep being a moronic hypocrite that seems to have worked well for you throughout this thread

O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

lmfao keep being a moronic hypocrite that seems to have worked well for you throughout this thread

I don´t even know what that´s supposed to refer to but fuck you anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor Oscar 2019 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.