Home Forums Movies Best Actor Oscar 2019 Predictions (Part 4)

Best Actor Oscar 2019 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 502 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +30 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EsOS
Dana S.
  • WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

This category is DEAD! There is no way that the undeserving Malek loses the Oscar. Why are us supporters of talent and originality continuing to argue with the Mercury/Malek/Queen stans that actually believe he gave a better performance than his competitors?!!? If we stop responding, then we stop feeding the delusions.

When will the madness end!?! We should just leave this thread alone and move on to something that isn’t sealed up.

RIP Cooper, you are the winner we need, but don’t deserve.

JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

This category is DEAD! There is no way that the undeserving Malek loses the Oscar. Why are us supporters of talent and originality continuing to argue with the Mercury/Malek/Queen stans that actually believe he gave a better performance than his competitors?!!? If we stop responding, then we stop feeding the delusions.

When will the madness end!?! We should just leave this thread alone and move on to something that isn’t sealed up.

RIP Cooper, you are the winner we need, but don’t deserve.

I mean, I despised Malek’s performance and thought the film was okay overall but with a mess of story
    But you really went off here
    This season is making goods no nobody. Jesus

FYC: Invisible Life (Brazil) for Best International Film and Best Supporting Actress (Fernanda Montenegro)

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

how is it delusional to think that Rami Malek gave the best performance of the year when he keeps on winning awards for it, both GG and SAG? Likely BAFTA and then Oscar? Why are people so upset about this? I really don’t understand the hatred towards this particular performance. Before attacking me, which is uncalled for, the question is: why are you so attached to your belief? I was resigned to Bale winning the Oscar if he had won SAG. I know there are many people who prefer his performance. I am relieved I don’t have to change my prediction. I honestly believe that Rami Malek gave the single best performance of 2018. Nobody has to agree with me about it. (and yes, I know Ethan Hawke won the most acting awards for First Reformed but he isn’t in the conversation – unfair but that’s how it is)

Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

how is it delusional to think that Rami Malek gave the best performance of the year when he keeps on winning awards for it, both GG and SAG? Likely BAFTA and then Oscar?

So if a person wins most precursors+Oscar that automatically means this person gave best performance of the year? All righty. I’ll use this argument whenever somebody complains about somebody’s sweeping/almost sweeping awards.

Mason
    Participant
    Topics:

Cooper received almost no love from the critics or from the industry so saying that his performance is the best screams delusion at its best.

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

Cooper received almost no love from the critics or from the industry so saying that his performance is the best screams delusion at its best.

Oh god… That is one of the dumbest comments I have seen on this website

Banned for making a fake movie poster

Ninja
    Participant
    Topics:

I think his path was always supposed to start at the Golden Globes (and Gaga’s too) but then passion for Queen started late and peaked at the right time so everyone deliberately ignored all the shameful controversies and went with the flow.

I will forever despise the Golden Globes for legitimizing Malek.

NevadaR
    Participant
    Topics:

So if a person wins most precursors+Oscar that automatically means this person gave best performance of the year? All righty. I’ll use this argument whenever somebody complains about somebody’s sweeping/almost sweeping awards.

It also doesn’t mean he gives the worst performance as some of you here claim, you Malek obsessed wacko.

Mason
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh god… That is one of the dumbest comments I have seen on this website

That’s coming from someone who had no idea Mahershala Ali is in Hidden Figures. Octavia Spencer fan, my ass.

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

That’s coming from someone who had no idea Mahershala Ali is in Hidden Figures. Octavia Spencer fan, my ass.

You better be kidding me? Did you stalk all my replies to find the dumbest one and that’s the best you found ? I take that as a compliment since a mistake happens to everyone and I obviously just forgot Ali was in Hidden Figures.

Ninja
    Participant
    Topics:

“Exclusive: Bryan Singer stands to make $40 million from #BohemianRhapsody thr.cm/uUhV4l”

I don’t even know what to say. This is why you can’t separate the art from the artist. My heart goes out to the victims. Imagine being scarred for life by this monster and everyone just. Fucking. Enables it.

AmnistY21
    Participant
    Topics:

Unrelated but Mahershala Ali is blowing me away in True Detective. Emmy definitely heading his way.

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

“Exclusive: Bryan Singer stands to make $40 million from #BohemianRhapsody thr.cm/uUhV4l”

I don’t even know what to say. This is why you can’t separate the art from the artist. My heart goes out to the victims. Imagine being scarred for life by this monster and everyone just. Fucking. Enables it.

Heartbreaking

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m just surprised Green Book just casually survived the “flashing penis” scandal, and Bohemian Rhapsody is surviving the bryan singer scandal.

I guess Hollywood doesn’t really care.

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

I’m just surprised Green Book just casually survived the “flashing penis” scandal, and Bohemian Rhapsody is surviving the bryan singer scandal.

I guess Hollywood doesn’t really care.

Green Book survived the flashing penis, the anti-muslims tweet, the inaccuracies and Don Shirley’s family scandals so yeah, it’s safe to say Hollywood doesn’t care.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Best Actor Oscar 2019 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.