Home Forums Movies Best Actress 1980

Best Actress 1980

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
RobertPius
Wanda
JayDF
  • Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Shelley Duvall in Popeye is an extremely underrated portrayal. The film isn’t a masterpiece but her performance is pitch perfect. She was born to play Olive Oyl.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

well Streep has said that after seeing Lange In Sweet Dreams that Director made right choice. She said in an interview that she doesn’t like her performance in lieutenant wife Bc she didn’t think she did both sides of character well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RobertPius
    Topics:

well Streep has said that after seeing Lange In Sweet Dreams that Director made right choice. She said in an interview that she doesn’t like her performance in lieutenant wife Bc she didn’t think she did both sides of character well.

She said on Graham Norton that when she hears it she doesn’t think it sounds right. I’m not sure if she meant the accents or just the performance in general. She really hates her performance in Still of the Night. Funny her best (Sophie’s Choice) and worst performances arguably came out within weeks of each other.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RobertPius
    Topics:

I wasn’t lying. I guess I misinterpreted what happened. On Watch What Happens Live she was asked about Sweet Dreams by a caller and said something like she was shocked to lose the role since Reisz was her friend. She made it sound like at one point she had assumed the role was coming her way. Maybe not an official offer but it sounded like at some point she was in contention for the part and then it switched. I assumed incorrectly maybe that Reisz had given her some reason to feel that the role would be hers.

I don’t disparage Lange’s work at all. I just thought that Meryl was in the mix somehow for Sweet Dreams and then it didn’t happen. I’m a big fan of both Meryl and Lange. Actually it always seemed like a complement to Lange that she got the role over the directors friend.

Lange on Broadway in Long Days Journey into Night was one of the best performances I’ve ever seen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

Haven’t seen Private Benjamin but I love the other four. It’s surely my fav performance of Burstyn.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.