Home Forums Movies Best Actress 2019

Best Actress 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 726 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
M: The Original
Marcus.H
estrelasdealg..
  • AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Actress seems to be a forgone conclusion according to everyone, but I wonder at this point is it too early to call ..

These are the top ten in the Predictions center and I wonder who you think will be the five nominees and who has the best chance if any of beating Glenn

Glenn Close – The Wife
    Viola Davis – Widows
    Saorise Ronan – Mary Queen of Scots
    Melissa McCarthy- Can you ever forgive me?
    Toni Collette – Hereditary
    Lady Gaga – A Star is Born
    Olivia Colman- The Favourite
    Nicole Kidman – The Destroyer
    Felicity Jones – on the basis of Sex
    Carey Mulligan – Wildfire

Will be nominated

Glenn Close
    Viola Davis

For me I feel like the next most likely group of women to receive a nomination will be
    Saorise Ronan
    Melissa McCarthy
    Nicole Kidman

I feel like a couple women are on the cusp but im hesitant to bet on them since they don’t have a history or are in a unique film

Lady Gaga- I am not sure if they will nominate her … I am just unsure
    Toni Collette- She is a past nominee (should have won) but she is in a Horror movie …sooooo…
    Olivia Coleman – She is always fantastic and deserves more recognition … but Yorgos movies are not always received well.

Then finally we have two past Nominees whom I haven’t heard a ton of buzz about

Felicity Jones
    Carey Mulligan

So at this point my predictions are

Glenn Close
    Viola Davis
    Saorise Ronan
    Melissa McCarthy
    Lady Gaga

Who else do you think will make the top five ???

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Andrew D.

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

chanelmoviestar
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m interested to see how this specific awards race will shape up.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Come on Glenn!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

1/7: Glenn Close

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Glenn has to win. I don’t even care how.

If she doesn’t, I just hope it’s not to talentless Gaga or Nicole/Viola(they already have Oscars). If Saoirse wins, I’ll be happy too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I still don’t get the confidence in Ronan. That’s the type of film that should definitely be at fall fests, especially TIFF. Screams flop to me.

1. Nicole Kidman – Destroyer

2. Melissa McCarthy – Can You Ever Forgive Me?

3. Olivia Colman – The Favourite

4. Viola Davis – Widows

5. Glenn Close – The Wife

6. Lady Gaga – A Star Is Born

7. Emily Blunt – Mary Poppins Returns

8. Carey Mulligan – Wildlife

9. Julia Roberts – Ben Is Back

10. Natalie Portman – Vox Lux

I think Close’s biggest problem will be getting the actual nomination, especially if there are a lot of contenders that emerge from the fall fests. If she does get the nomination then she should win unless someone like Kidman gives an undeniable performance which I could also see.

ReplyCopy URL
    RobertPius
    Participant
    Topics:

It is Close’s. They can start engraving now. The performance is there. It is Oscar caliber work just on its own terms. BUT when you add on the six loses without a win, the 35 year career and the fact that I can’t see anyone else developing a good narrative…it is hers.

As for the competition no one really has a good story. Kidman has won. Viola just won. If Melissa McCarthy gives a good dramatic performance it would be her first and not something they would feel a rush to award.

Ronan has a lot of nominations but she’s so young to be “overdue” and I think her competition will be the countless other people who have played British monarchs. Cate Blanchett, Katharine Hepburn, Judi Dench, Redgrave, Glenda Jackson……..Helen Mirren. On and on. She’d really have to stand out.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  RobertPius.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

Glenn has to win. I don’t even care how. If she doesn’t, I just hope it’s not to talentless Gaga or Nicole/Viola(they already have Oscars). If Saoirse wins, I’ll be happy too.

The A Star Is Born hasn’t premiere and you said “talentless” Gaga. What a garbage comment ! Such subjective but irrational critic like you is the misfortune of GoldDerby.

I don’t know how she will impress us with her performance , but I still look forward to it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

hope glenn loses

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope that Glenn is amazing , i havent seen her film but i do hope that if she wins its going to be based off her merit and less off her history … I love me some Viola, Nicole , julia and Natalie ( even thought we havent seen their films we know they can deliver) but like said above they have won …. I do love Ronan and i hope she gets another nom… but her movie looks horrible …. Melissa and Gaga would be great additions ( if they deliver ) i havent seen either film and i hope they blow me out of the water with their acting

Andrewsart.etsy.com

ReplyCopy URL
    prognosticator
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw The Wife and attended a talkback with Glenn and the author of the book. First of all Glenn gives an astonishing performance that is subtle, slow-burning and fulfilling. I loved her performance and think she’s got the Oscar at long last. (That audience will stand for her I’m guessing because it’s so long overdue-and for this so very well deserved.)

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw The Wife and attended a talkback with Glenn and the author of the book. First of all Glenn gives an astonishing performance that is subtle, slow-burning and fulfilling. I loved her performance and think she’s got the Oscar at long last. (That audience will stand for her I’m guessing because it’s so long overdue-and for this so very well deserved.)

Good im glad she delivers

Andrewsart.etsy.com

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

In order of more possibilities of being nominated,not sure who will win yet.

1.Olivia Colman
    2.Glenn Close
    3.Lady Gaga
    4.Saoirse Ronan
    5.Melissa McCarthy
    ——————
    6.Viola Davis
    7.Nicole Kidman
    8.Toni Collete
    9.Kiki Layne
    10.Yalitza Aparicio
    11.Felicity Jones
    12.Natalie Portman

ReplyCopy URL
    Elazul
    Participant
    Topics:

It is Close’s. They can start engraving now. The performance is there. It is Oscar caliber work just on its own terms. BUT when you add on the six loses without a win, the 35 year career and the fact that I can’t see anyone else developing a good narrative…it is hers.

The Trip to Bountiful 2018!

As for Star Is Born, the 1976 version did not even get any acting nominations but everyone assumes Gaga will be the new Cher, transcending to acting from pop career overnight? It didn’t work for Madonna either…

ReplyCopy URL
    ScandalWife
    Participant
    Topics:

From Lady Gaga Wikipedia:

“At her high school, Gaga played the lead roles of Adelaide in Guys and Dolls and Philia in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. She also studied method acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute for ten years.”

Can we stop acting like she is some singer who just got into acting for more fame or money (i.e. Britney Spears). While she may not win, she does have a good shot getting a nomination. Lets judge her after the film is shown, not before please.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  ScandalWife.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 726 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.